PDA

View Full Version : dafuq is up with my sr?

e5s4y
03-27-2012, 07:42 AM
heres the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQWurge ... AAAAAAAAAA

im getting TONS of compressor surge (well, seems like tons to me, id rather have none), its not wanting to idle, idk if its just me but the throttle doesnt seem very responsive at all. This was all i could run as after that little run it was dripping alotta oil out (gotta go through and check my turbo lines i guess? dont know where else it would be coming from, but you can see it at the end on the video on the ground, im a dumbass, ha)
any help would be appreciated. Although i wont really be able to do anything to it until this thursday when i come home from school. Im gonna start by checking for vac leaks i guess, but i seriously am not positive where to go. Also, after i ran it, i realized i forgot to attach the ground from the back of the head to the chassis so i dunno if maybe that has something to do with the funky idle? It has atleast 3 other grounds though. One of my friends says to check my bov (hks ssqv) but it sounds like it was working?

mods of importance are s15 t28, fmic, 3" turbo back exhaust, i did the harness myself, it was soldered and has heat shrink wrap over all cut wires along with electrical tape)

edit: also, just remembered that my coil packs are cracked and in need of replacement, so im guessing that could have something to do with the idle also. when checking for spark, although it would ground out in multiple locations per coil pack, it would still produce a bright blue spark at the plug

e5s4y
03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
BUMP
nothing? no flaming, no bashing, name calling, florida jokes, anything? ha

cotbu
03-30-2012, 11:39 PM
I couldn't see your girlfriend, I meant video.

rNQWurgei_M

KiLLeR2001
03-31-2012, 12:11 AM
You need to fix what you know is wrong before proceeding any further. Sounds to me like your vacuum system isn't hooked up right somewhere. Check the brake booster vacuum hose, my friend's hose was hard as a rock and when we looked at it it had a huge gash in it that could only be seen if you pulled up on it.

Other notable vacuum connections to check...

Throttle body to BOV.
Throttle body to FPR.
Positive pressure source to wastegate.
Valve cover "T" back side into the stock oil catch can, front side into the intake pipe AFTER the MAF.

Not to mention you probably have no tune and you upgraded parts.

A lot more Florida fail going on I'm sure of it.

e5s4y
03-31-2012, 06:48 PM
You need to fix what you know is wrong before proceeding any further. Sounds to me like your vacuum system isn't hooked up right somewhere. Check the brake booster vacuum hose, my friend's hose was hard as a rock and when we looked at it it had a huge gash in it that could only be seen if you pulled up on it.

Other notable vacuum connections to check...

Throttle body to BOV.
Throttle body to FPR.
Positive pressure source to wastegate.
Valve cover "T" back side into the stock oil catch can, front side into the intake pipe AFTER the MAF.

Not to mention you probably have no tune and you upgraded parts.

A lot more Florida fail going on I'm sure of it.

awesome. Ill look in to the brake booster line soon. ill also recheck my vacuum lines just to be positive.

I could have swore I read it was better to have the front side of the "T" in to the intake pipe before the maf? quick fix if i'm wrong tho, lol

I know i should have a reflash at least, but other than the fmic and the exhaust (turbo wont see above 10psi or so until bigger injectors/z32 maf/tune, so i dont really see it producing much of a difference besides it'll spool quicker. please correct me if i'm wrong), what would warrant the tune?

ya, probably plenty of Florida fail. perks of figuring everything out without someone with experience here, ha

Thanks for the reply tho (not sarcastic, really)

KiLLeR2001
03-31-2012, 08:02 PM
I could have swore I read it was better to have the front side of the "T" in to the intake pipe before the maf? quick fix if i'm wrong tho, lol

I know i should have a reflash at least, but other than the fmic and the exhaust (turbo wont see above 10psi or so until bigger injectors/z32 maf/tune, so i dont really see it producing much of a difference besides it'll spool quicker. please correct me if i'm wrong), what would warrant the tune?

ya, probably plenty of Florida fail. perks of figuring everything out without someone with experience here, ha

Thanks for the reply tho (not sarcastic, really)

After MAF definitely, the air is already calculated by the MAF so if you put it before the MAF you will get funky readings.

T28 is a bigger turbo so 10psi out of a T28 pushes more air than 10psi out of a T25 which means you will run LEANER than stock!!! You may be able to temporarily counter this by increasing the fuel pressure, but the correct way is to tune for it. Honestly I would connect the boost source directly to wastegate so that you will run 7psi until you can get a proper tune.

e5s4y
04-01-2012, 03:30 PM
After MAF definitely, the air is already calculated by the MAF so if you put it before the MAF you will get funky readings.

T28 is a bigger turbo so 10psi out of a T28 pushes more air than 10psi out of a T25 which means you will run LEANER than stock!!! You may be able to temporarily counter this by increasing the fuel pressure, but the correct way is to tune for it. Honestly I would connect the boost source directly to wastegate so that you will run 7psi until you can get a proper tune.

ok, after maf it will be.

and i forgot to mention that that is how i have it running now, i have the wategate connected straight to a fitting i have tapped in to the hotpipe

as soon as i have some money to buy some more oil (drained all it had in it when i freaked out and thought i had a blown hg for no reason, ha) ill be able to check all of this

think i could send you a pm regarding one more question i have? i cant find any local guys that will answer the question and i just wanna make sure i dont blow my turbo or my bottom end. Just trying to make sure i have my turbo lines connected correctly