PDA

View Full Version : No ecu relay on s14!! No ecu power

atxzenki
03-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, got a tough one for you: I have an 1996 zenki with an s13 red top sr20det in it, and ever since I got the car 2 years ago, it's been running like a champ! I drove it Friday, and today it won't start..

Checked everything I can think of, but the kick panel fuse box is not getting power to everything and the ECU is not turning on. The fuel pump is not priming either.

When I went to check the ECU relay on the passenger side by the ECU, I came to the realization that IT IS NOT THERE!!! any Idea how/ what would be causing the ECU not to turn on after 2 years??

I thought the ECU might be bad, but since there is no power getting to the fuse panel I am thinking the problem is bigger than that..

Thanks guys!!

3v1Ls14
03-24-2012, 11:43 PM
not uncommon for people to remove relays when doing conversions. My loom has just constant power from ign to the ecu, no relay. sounds like the power supply source to the fuse box has failed somewhere, trace that back and see

atxzenki
03-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Been doing that. here's an update: I messed with the plug on the back of my stereo and all of a sudden, ECU gets power and fuel pump comes on, but still not starting. and the key has to be turned just right in order for those to come on. Not everything in the kick panel fuse box is working yet either, no turn signals still.

Think it could be a bad Ignition Switch??

3v1Ls14
03-25-2012, 12:56 PM
could be ignition switch, but also the head deck may be wired from the power supply to the fuse box? check if it is or not before changing ignition. i have come across problems like that before. i have had a indicator switch smoking randomly, take out head deck and it stopped the smoking haha

atxzenki
03-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Well the head unit is working, just no power to the amp for some reason. I've been trying to figure out what the voltage to the remote wire is supposed to be. I don't even know if that's the problem with the ecu and fuel pump with the ignition, but it would fix the fact that my amp is not coming on I guess.

atxzenki
04-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Figured everything out! speakers weren't working because the ground was touching the remote wire, and the fuel pump and ECU were cause of a bad ignition switch!! back on the road now!