PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slipping randomly? need some help!

zachariah
03-19-2012, 08:20 PM
ive got a s13 sr20 with a exedy stage 1 clutch in it, the other day it started slipping pretty badly couldnt rev it past like 3500 with out it slipping, now i leave work today in it and get on the interstate and do a pull and it seemed to be fully grabbing with no slip even in 5th gear? this has happend a couple times now i want to figure out whats wrong or if i need a new clutch for it or ideas on whats going on? any help with this is much appreciated! thanks!

Croustibat
03-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Your clutch is going to die, if you drive with your left foot on the clutch pedal that happens. If your rear crank seal is gone, you are soaking your clutch with oil and it is killing it.

Or you did not dial in a bit of dead course on the clutch pedal when you replaced the clutch, and it produces the same effect as driving with the foot on it.

Anyway, you need a new clutch if it is slipping. Think about a new flywheel too (or have it skimmed) and check your crank seal. If there is oil everywhere, chances are the box or the crank oil seal are leaking.