PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing issues, need advice.

Jmag310
03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
I have a s14, let me just start by saying im terrified of posting on the forum because everyone just says "SEARCH" and yells at each other but i have searched and not had any luck after about 3 nights of online searching. so this was my last resort.

I have a 1997 240sx andi got 18x9.5 +12 varrstoens 2.2.1 with 225/40 and im super low all around Almost tucking wheel in back and tucking tire up front and im rubbing like crazy! i cant even drive it. i was wondering if you had any advice as far as suspension set up and preload adjustment to rub less. I have jic coilovers
I know its do-able because i have seen alot of others do it, but i just dont know what to do to stop the tire from hitting the top of the wheel well so bad. (maybe tighten preload? is so how much? stiffer spring rates?)
let the rage being.

future
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Raise it up and stop trying to be hellaflush and mad jdm yo

Jmag310
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM

but i like being low, makes me feel so cool! :coold: :boink:

ryandh
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM

word.

hellaflush = hellaretarded. try being hellafunctional, it just might fit the right way...:bow:

you can still sit low without being hellaflushjdmtyte status.

Darren
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
well, you could Man The Fuck UP??!!!

lol, jk...

Yeah, either clearance the wells by rolling / hammer and dolly, or go overfenders / wide front fenders... those are really your only choices

I suppose you could get really stiff suspension / sway bars so that it's basically a go-cart, but that would be horrible to drive...

Jmag310
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
if i raise my car it will work fine, but thats not the look im going for. I have seen many car that have done it so i want to hear from individuals who have pulled it off.

Yeah, either clearance the wells by rolling / hammer and dolly, or go overfenders / wide front fenders... those are really your only choices
I suppose you could get really stiff suspension / sway bars so that it's basically a go-cart, but that would be horrible to drive...
im already rolled, my tires are hitting my inner wheel well, what is this dolly you speak of?

Jmag310
03-20-2012, 12:02 AM
i just tightened up my preload and im not rubbing nearly as much. but now my ride is super stiff...

killer skittle
03-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Im running 18x9.5 + 12 (real Volk Te, lol, gotta pay to play.)on stock metal with a 225/40 Nitto Invo, I have tein flex with 8th hardest setting. Im running fairly low, top of tire just meets fender. I rolled the fender then pulled it with the phone book method. Didnt need a lot, it only rubbed during hard cornering so i just needed a couple mm pulled.