PDA

View Full Version : toshiba satellite c675-s7200

don_bagz
03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
does anybody have this model laptop? i wasnt able to make a recovery disk for it and ofcourse now i need one.. :( can anybody help me out? its a 17inch laptop. ill pay for it if needed..

thanks alot! :)

SimpleS14
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Did you find out with Toshiba sells the recovery disk? I'm not too familiar with Toshiba, but I know that at least HP gives you the option to buy a recovery disk for around $20.

don_bagz
03-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, aparently my serial number is blurred out to recogniTion and i cant turn on my laptop to get the serial number and toshiba wont even start processing orders with out a serial number

Matej
03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
How old is the laptop? If you bought it within the past few years, then I doubt it even came with a recovery disk. Most computers now just come with the recovery on a separate drive partition.

Does it boot up in safe mode or allow you to get into the System Recovery menu prior to booting Windows? If you are unable to do either, you may have a hardware problem.

don_bagz
03-20-2012, 12:19 AM
it didnt came with a recovery disk.. my hard drive crashed, and i didnt make a recovery disk for it which i should have. :( computer will ask you to make a recovery disk from a program in the laptop.. i just slacked off. :( so now im screwed.. im just hoping somebody has the same laptop and made a recovery disk from theirs. :( so my laptop right now has no OS, so i need to boot it up from disk. ;(

Socal_sil80
03-20-2012, 01:10 AM
You have a couple options. One if you still have the box you can get the serial number on there. Two search ebay or buy the recovery discs from a 3rd party sites. As far as why it don't boot you need to provide more info. Could be a virus, could be a general windows problem or could be a hard drive issue. If all else fails use Linux lol

Neon_rain519
03-20-2012, 01:23 AM
When I do a recovery on my toshiba I just turn it on, and press f11 till it props the recovery options(resets everything to factory). Don't know if that is what your trying to do but hey.

Socal_sil80
03-20-2012, 01:28 AM
That is true too but it's different for certain models, my toshiba you have to hold down the 0 key. Look up the manual on there website. Other toshiba models I've seen with Windows 7 require you to press f8 to get to the advanced boot menu then select repair your computer, when it loads you select Toshiba recovery wizard

don_bagz
03-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Might not have read my reply. But my hard drive crashed. So a new one is in the computer. So its empty. Thats why i need a recovery disk and not just recovery partition that they put in the computer. Totally different hard drive in there

brianwood
03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar1.jpgHow old is the laptop?

sephiroth99
03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
You should have a Windows sticker under your laptop, with your Windows key. In that case, just download an iso of a Windows install disk, and during installation, insert your cdkey.

If the windows sticker is erased or removed, you could use the "oembios" method. It's how Windows in a recovery partition is activated. Install Windows using the OEM cdkey (its on the web) and when it's all installed, you need to copy the "oembios files" (they are on the internet too ;)) somewhere in the Windows install directory. Windows will then detect your OEM bios (from Toshiba) and activate itself. That method may seem shady, but it is only when you do that on a "no name" computer using a modified bios that it's not really "clean".

also, you can install windows right now, without a cdkey. You'll then have 30 days to activate it.

hope this helps

don_bagz
03-20-2012, 10:46 PM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar1.jpgHow old is the laptop?

bout 4 months old.. but it was factory reconditioned. but didnt notice that when the laptop came in, the serial number was already rubbed off.. and box is already gone. it seems pretty shady why the serial number is rubbed off tho.. sucks. but thats how i got it.

You should have a Windows sticker under your laptop, with your Windows key. In that case, just download an iso of a Windows install disk, and during installation, insert your cdkey.

If the windows sticker is erased or removed, you could use the "oembios" method. It's how Windows in a recovery partition is activated. Install Windows using the OEM cdkey (its on the web) and when it's all installed, you need to copy the "oembios files" (they are on the internet too ;)) somewhere in the Windows install directory. Windows will then detect your OEM bios (from Toshiba) and activate itself. That method may seem shady, but it is only when you do that on a "no name" computer using a modified bios that it's not really "clean".

also, you can install windows right now, without a cdkey. You'll then have 30 days to activate it.

hope this helps
was thinking bout this, but non of anybody i know has a home premium disk that i can use to install my os. :( those are my two options, is to borrow and installer for windows 7 home premium but use my key under my laptop, or hope someone has a recovery cd for this model. :(

any other way? as i was reading the last portion of your reply, felt like i was reading in spanish. lost. :(

sephiroth99
03-20-2012, 11:13 PM
bout 4 months old.. but it was factory reconditioned. but didnt notice that when the laptop came in, the serial number was already rubbed off.. and box is already gone. it seems pretty shady why the serial number is rubbed off tho.. sucks. but thats how i got it.

was thinking bout this, but non of anybody i know has a home premium disk that i can use to install my os. :( those are my two options, is to borrow and installer for windows 7 home premium but use my key under my laptop, or hope someone has a recovery cd for this model. :(

any other way? as i was reading the last portion of your reply, felt like i was reading in spanish. lost. :(

Yeah the second option is more technial.

Do you have a second computer where you could download an install disk, and then burn it on a DVD? You don't really need to have an official Windows install disk, what's important is your cd key.

don_bagz
03-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Yeah there a ton of computers at home. So a bootable windows 7 installer is available for download?

SimpleS14
03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah there a ton of computers at home. So a bootable windows 7 installer is available for download?

[Direct Download Links] Download Official, Original and Untouched Windows 7 with SP1 ISO (32-bit and 64-bit) - Tweaking with Vishal (http://www.askvg.com/direct-download-links-download-official-original-and-untouched-windows-7-iso-32-bit-and-64-bit/)

don_bagz
03-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Well great. Ill try that when i get a chance. Thanks