PDA

View Full Version : GingerSlide

Noxy
03-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Updated: 6th April, 2012

Overall Rating: Would buy from again

So i bought a set of Cusco piping off him last week from this thread:

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/440780-sr20-piping-steering-wheel-kade-ecu.html

The price was "make an offer", and i asked him what he thought was a reasonable price shipped to me. He responded and said that $120 shipped should cover it, and I agreed and paypaled it to him. Well, he shipped it out yesterday, and said it cost about $20 more since I live in rural Nebraska, and it's understandable since it's happened to me before. I offered to cover the difference in shipping, and told him I would send it last night, but then St. Paddy's day happened and I got out of work at about 3AM.

Got home today and paypaled him the $20, and when I went to text him I saw he sent me a few messages that read:

1. 5:08PM "when u get a chance to send that $20, send it as a gift please. thanks again"

2. 9:49PM "lmk if u can send that $20, i got bills to pay. thanks"

3. 10:22PM "if u dont respond, ill put a hold on the item and have it shipped back to me. thanks"

My main problem here is that I didn't neglect to send him all of what he was asking, I was offering more, because it felt a little unethical to do otherwise. Even if that wasn't the case, he failed to get an accurate quote for shipping which would have cost him cash had I not pitched in. I've gotten screwed a few times on shipping cost when I've sold parts, and if someone offers to cover the difference that's great, but more times then not they never cover it, so then I just suck it up. Then again that's just me...

Other than that little fiasco, his communications were prompt and shipping was relatively quick given the weekend.

Sorry, I like the write... Since I started writing this the seller and I have resolved the issue, but the reason I posted this was just to suggest to have him give you accurate shipping quotes and use a little caution when dealing with GingerSlide if you buy something from him.

Thanks,
Noxy

Noxy
04-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Received my pipes from GingerSlide a few weeks ago, but haven't been on here for a while.

Items received were in described condition, and excellently packaged.

Other than the miscommunication we had above, he was a reasonable seller and kept me updated with very fast replies.

Overall, I would purchase from him again. Surely, the hiccup the transaction had shouldn't come up again.