PDA

View Full Version : J0e223 scammer

ILoveJDM
03-13-2012, 01:45 AM
So beginning of Feb I sold Joe (J0e223) a blitz bov, for $110

he received the BOV in good condition and told me it worked well.

A few weeks later he makes a charge back to his credit card, for "unauthorized purchase" freezing the $110,

I asked him what it was all about and he said paypal was doing it because of some mix up he had while selling something on ebay, bullshit, but whatever. I told him HE is the only one who can make claims like that he could stop what was happening, he was obviously playing dumb like ive never been on the internet before and apologized over and over like it wasnt his fault

I send paypal numerous files and proof of shipments,

The credit card company still ended up taking the money and im out $110.

I dont really care too much since im only out $10, thats what i bought the bov for. but im posting this because he hasnt logged in since then, and I want mods to cross check his IP address and make sure he isnt on another account pulling the same shit on other people.

His info:

Joseph Thomas
** EDIT **

Drift N Dragg
03-13-2012, 10:38 AM
As much as I see he is a scammer, Posting his Personal Information is a No-No..

racer98
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Just keep on paypals case since you provided them with the shipping info but if you shipped to an address that was not confirmed on the account then you're SOL

1) Confirmed shipping address only
2) Ask for a direct signature when selling an item when it is to be shipped
3) ONLY PRINT THE LABLE THROUGH PAYPAL.

I can not stress enough never accept payments as a gift !

bkg775
03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Just keep on paypals case since you provided them with the shipping info but if you shipped to an address that was not confirmed on the account then you're SOL

1) Confirmed shipping address only
2) Ask for a direct signature when selling an item when it is to be shipped
3) ONLY PRINT THE LABLE THROUGH PAYPAL.

I can not stress enough never accept payments as a gift !

Agreed your advice saved my butt before, thanks btw. Good luck getn the money back man. Another measure i do is my paypals linked to my discover card and when someone trie to stiff me outta money i sent discover fraud prevention gave it right back

racer98
03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
oh btw I forgot to mention, since paypal forgot to mention this

1) never take any payments from credit card holders in Singapore = they run the highest risk of charge back disputes like you can not even think of

2) credit card holders who pay through paypal actually have up to 180 days to dispute a charge. and for any given reason they can just dispute a charge no question asked

so if your dealing with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ items = bank wire transfer only.

if any vendor needs any paypal advice/shipping logistics advice etc just pm me.

if you are going to take a paypal payment for a customer not based in the USA only a confrimed address with the item shipped via fedex and also clearly state who is paying for taxes/import/customs on their side as people get to be novices with buying 1st time out of their country and they like to pull fast one on the seller and make them pay for it.

clearly get that out of the way !

bkg775
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Yessur gotta love credit cards. That advice should be a mandatory read.

inopsey
03-14-2012, 11:04 AM
so if your dealing with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ items = bank wire transfer only.

theres a thread in the stolen good area called 'have you seen this engine?' that describes what happens when you pay for a large item with a bank transfer....

dubman
05-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Paypals used a lot by scammers because they know that's a person feels comfortable sending it that way but it's not completely fool proof. Thanks for the warning.