PDA

View Full Version : Sterlinge...

traxx07
03-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Ok, where to begin.

I ask him about his KA-T and we agree on the $1600. I ask more questions about it and he then offers his SOHC to me for $500. Im putting it in a coupe to resell or to keep as a daily. Either way the deal is done and I would be picking up the engine 2 days from the time we said "DEAL".
A day before I have to go out to get it he then text me and tells me if I can pay 600 because someone offered him 700. I then argue with him about keeping your word and all he says is that I would do the same if I were him. I tell him that I always come across deals after a verbal agreement or even an agreement in text or forum PM's and I keep my word. At this point I feel like he is just trying to raise the price and what he does next kind of makes me think my thoughts were correct. He tells me well I dont care who gets it so either I pay 600 or he will get 700 from some random/magical/made up guy on Monday. After argueing through text I am about to just give up. After me not texting and I believe telling him Ill find another engine he then says 550 and it's yours. Thus making be believe he just wanted more money and had noone else offering anything. While we were arguing he even says that he just thinks it's worth more then 500 kind of telling me "I WANT MORE MONEY".
Ok, I agree to 550 being that he said it's coming with a rad and I usually buy those for 50. So we agree AGAIN on a deal and Im just hoping the price doesnt go up on the way to pick up the engine.

Im thinking he is done with the talking mess through text. But no he continues to basically harass me saying that I better be there early. I tell him yes I know Ill be there around 10 (the time he wanted) and 10:30. 11AM the latest. He then says that I better be because he has stuff to do other then cars. (I cant read people through text but I felt as if I were getting talked down to as if he were better then me because he does other stuff.... ?) I tell him I will be there! He then text me that if im not there early and try to call him he will not pick up his phone. :BFG I say again ok I will be there. He continues to text me and tells me that last time (shouldnt treat everyone like an asshole because of what happened in the past) he had to wait 3 hours and I better be on time.

I mean seriously what is this guys problem. I repeated myself about 4-5 times that I'd be on time and will probably post up our text to show you how it comes off on text. Also like I said you dont treat people like this. Ive got ripped off buying an SR before but do I tell him it better run 8 times so my point gets across? No I am buying it so I trust him enough being that he in on the forum and that he said it was running. I take his word for it!

Ok it's the day of the little trip to get the engine. We start off early and before the time I get there he text me numerous times before the agreed apon time (10AM) asking me if Im close. Im trying to drive and follow directions and he is just texting and my girlfriend is replying and she is getting pissed on how many times he is texting like he still doesnt believe that Im going or that Im lying that Im close.

Get to the house he comes across as a cool guy. No problems we load the truck and Im off....

A couple days later he tells me he forgot to give me the lower harness. I didnt know because I usually leave the lower harness on when I take out an engine. I say no problem and he tells me he will bring it to a lot that I guess he works at or something. I say ok and a day later he tells me he loaded it up and will drop it off. Then text back that he guesses he forgot to load it up. He tells me he will bring it the next day. He text me that he probably lost it but will look for another one. He finds one and tells me he will drop it off at the lot. Drops it off and I get a text telling me where to pick it up at. I couldnt go right that second because of work and plans that I had. He text me a couple days later if I had got it and I tell him I havent had time. He then tells me

"I dont know if it will be there much longer they might throw it away. I thought you were going to get it that day."

I respond-
"Have other stuff to do other then cars. (Yes im being a asshole at this point) Ill go today ask them it it's still there if not it's cool I'll get it elsewhere.

Him-
No response.

Me-
Did you call them? Is it still there? You never told me anything. Let me know dont want to go there for nothing. Why would you leave it somewhere they would throw it away? Your like the hardest person to do business with..... lol let me know.

Him-
Why would I call and ask about something that was left on the ground outside. I told you I left it. I live an hour away and just like you am doing other thing all the time. There is a good chance it's gone. The people there will not go out of there way to look for some crap I left on the ground. Your no rush to get it just stop by there if your ever in the area. The boss is a old man not going to do anything like that. I dont have anyones phone # that works there that would be willing to check. Next time Im down there Ill text you if it's still there. Maybe sometime this week.

Me-
Next time dont leave something that is not yours on the ground where it will get thrown away. And a phone call wont kill you just the way you have so much to do but (still) find time to text. And when you forget to give someone something you dont leave it somewhere you take it to them.

Him-
If its there its there if not figure something out. It's not my problem anymore. Sorry

OK. Im not making this thread to say he is a scammer or anything just giving a heads up being that if you do business with him be prepared to be treated like shit. He does not know how to do business. Not even mad about the lower harness being that I live by a junkyard but if I sold someone an engine and for got to give them a harness. That is on me and I would "...figure something out..." and either mail it to them or take it to them. It's just good business. Well going to shower up and go enjoy the day and Ill update this with all our text.

/Rant

satal95
03-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Damn that suxs bro hopefully I wasn't like that. By the way still have that sohc here lmk when u want to come pick it up or I'm just going to leave it in front of a lot lol. Nah but it's here whenever u want tho come pick it up

sterlinge
03-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm not going to argue when you have everything word for word. You got a really good deal still what you got and what was included was worth well over what you payed. You should have asked were the harness was when you picked up your engine swap. Hard to when your basically stealing. You forgot to add you were 15 minutes late. I like to do things on time. I'm just happy the deal is done.

For 550 you got a rebuilt engine 8k miles, transmission everything works a good new 300zx fuel filter a good driveshaft a good radiator.shift selectorfrom inside A fan clutch with shroud a down pipe powersteering pump res. Chrome all kinds and you complain.... you don't appreciate a good deal.

Thanks

e5s4y
03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm not going to argue when you have everything word for word. You got a really good deal still what you got and what was included was worth well over what you payed. You should have asked were the harness was when you picked up your engine swap. Hard to when your basically stealing. You forgot to add you were 15 minutes late. I like to do things on time. I'm just happy the deal is done.

For 550 you got a rebuilt engine 8k miles, transmission everything works a good new 300zx fuel filter a good driveshaft a good radiator.shift selectorfrom inside A fan clutch with shroud a down pipe powersteering pump res. Chrome all kinds and you complain.... you don't appreciate a good deal.

Thanks

i dont even recall him complaining about the deal (except for when you were haggling AFTER the deal was set)
the complaint was with how you spoke to him, and how you dealt with business.

sterlinge
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Well maybe if I had sold it for more to the other guy like i should have. I wouldn't be getting a lame review on a good deal...

nismo91blk240sx
03-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Damn.. good thing i didnt buy his manifold kit off him when i had the money. Thanks for giving evrryone else a heads up about this guy

sterlinge
03-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Did i sell him a bad engine? I must have missed something?

traxx07
03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Damn that suxs bro hopefully I wasn't like that. By the way still have that sohc here lmk when u want to come pick it up or I'm just going to leave it in front of a lot lol. Nah but it's here whenever u want tho come pick it up

LOL No never had a problem with you Steve. Well you have a lot in your backyard so you are leaving it in a lot! Sorry i forgot about the engine! Ill be there this week!

This guy seems to still not get it....

See other people see what Im saying. Yes I got a great deal but paid with it through headaches with dealing with you.

It be like selling a maf and telling them they can pick it up at my house. Something comes up and I say oh well someone might have took it because I left it on the sidewalk.....

And your complaining about 15 mins? You said the last guy was 3 hrs late and I told you between 10 and 10:30. So I was on time. Sorry if this got you mad but it had to be said. I hate when people like you do business and get away with being a horrible business man/seller/person. Just trying to do my part in keeping this 240 scene a little less like the Honda scene.

Thanks for the text....

Him-
Nice review bro...

Me-
Thanks. Not my problem anymore sorry.

Him-
You are all mad cause I wasnt the most polite person you have ever dealt with.? Making me come off like a scammer. You act like I sold you a bad engine. Dont expect to buy anymore parts from me....

Me-
That's why I specifically said you werent a scammer read the post again, never said you sold me a bad engine all Im saying is your not someone that knows how to do business well.

Him-
You showed up late after me telling you more than one time. I was not the happiest cause I was trying to make you happy not selling to this other dude and you get mad anyways. You act like a girl. You got a good deal right? Then why the neg review.

Me-
Stop texting me.

PS- Chrome doesnt make the value go up! You never get what you put into a project! Learn something!

sterlinge
03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Your not helping the "scene" at all bashing a good seller. I gave you a good deal. I was not the most polite big deal.

e5s4y
03-06-2012, 05:31 PM
did you miss the part where you agreed on a price, and then tried to raise it on him even tho you had an agreement? Im not understanding how you cant comprehend this.
you made a deal and agreed upon it. THEN you try and change the deal by trying to squeeze more money from this guy AFTER you already agreed on a price. THEN you were harassing him based off of previous buyers. THEN you forgot a part (the lower harness in case you cant remember) and basically say "oh well. that sucks."
OP, am I the one missing something?

traxx07
03-06-2012, 05:33 PM
See you dont see it as a big deal. Others do! When you deal with people they tell others about two things.

1.The deal/price.
2.If you were cool. (Ex. He is a real cool guy I think he was selling what you needed here's his number. or Ex. He is a dick, fuck him dont buy from him.)

traxx07
03-06-2012, 05:34 PM
did you miss the part where you agreed on a price, and then tried to raise it on him even tho you had an agreement? Im not understanding how you cant comprehend this.
you made a deal and agreed upon it. THEN you try and change the deal by trying to squeeze more money from this guy AFTER you already agreed on a price. THEN you were harassing him based off of previous buyers. THEN you forgot a part (the lower harness in case you cant remember) and basically say "oh well. that sucks."
OP, am I the one missing something?

Hit it on the head.... I seriously thought I was going to have to explain myself a million times on here and the other forums. There are people with common sense out there. Thanks Zilvia!

sterlinge
03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
No deposit was left I had a higher offer.
I did not harrass him I mentioned I like being on time.this was all texts. Why do you think he can write out every last word. Its not.? ."he" forgot "his" harness. So "I" go an hour out of "my" way to drop it off in san antonio for "him"?

So ban me if im such a horrible person...haha

traxx07
03-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Not doing yourself any favors keep coming off as an ass and see how many people remember your name when you sell stuff.

I forgot something? I thought the harness was on there because why would you take off a lower harness to pull an engine?

Keep talking though... your making it worse.