PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Fuel Injector problem.

92sxMike
03-06-2012, 09:47 AM
So recently I had replaced 2 fuel injectors and lately the car seems to be starting to run like a choppy slut and so I decided to test the injectors again today and it seems like the 3rd one "looking from the front" is not working which is one of the two that I replaced. I'm thinking on replacing fuel filter and running some seafoam through it since it's a new injector.

My question is if the fuel filter is getting bad does it stop filtering which causes soot to enter the injectors and clog them?

When I replaced the injectors the car ran fine for a week and now it's starting the problem again.. I purchased a noid light so I know the ecu is sending power to the harness, it just seems like the injectors are getting plugged up.. Someone told me that i can have water or sugar in my tank which is commonly why injectors just go bad, but I'm also wondering if it's from an old fuel filter as well.

Any thoughts?

*EDIT* Seems like under load the car will run good, but under city driving load it'll run like explained up top.

S13x88
03-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Try changing the fuel filter, check your o-rings. Also, make sure the injectors are seated properly. It's easier to seat the injector with the fuel rail attached, you gotta hear the pop.

92sxMike
03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Try changing the fuel filter, check your o-rings. Also, make sure the injectors are seated properly. It's easier to seat the injector with the fuel rail attached, you gotta hear the pop.

Ok I'm going to try the filter first, but will not be able to do this until tomorrow due to work, but I'll let you know what happens after i change the filter.

godrifttoday
03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Check if the injector clips are on the correct injector locations

92sxMike
03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Check if the injector clips are on the correct injector locations

I'm sure they are and i dont have a chopped up harness so i dont see the injector clip harness for injector closest to the firewall reaching the the one closest to the bumper. I'm going to start with a simple fix tomorrow by replacing the fuel filter tomorrow.

240sxkat
03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
That happened to me one time but that got settled. I change my fuel filter and I tested the motor while it was on (I disconnected one by one while it was on.) If the motor shakes while u disconnect and connect it works. But if doesn't change anything ur problem is still the objectors. Thats how I fixed the problem.

92sxMike
03-06-2012, 07:23 PM
That happened to me one time but that got settled. I change my fuel filter and I tested the motor while it was on (I disconnected one by one while it was on.) If the motor shakes while u disconnect and connect it works. But if doesn't change anything ur problem is still the objectors. Thats how I fixed the problem.

Yeah I had that a while also, but I have new injectors and didn't change the filter, in fact I haven't changed it since I had the car..

Hey someone said I could have bad rings and a compression problem, could a compression problem cause your injectors to go on the fritz?

240sxkat
03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
When you accelerate, does it take off full power. Also, when the motor shakes, does it sound like a subaru wrx? Cuz, if you have bad rings, your car is probably eating alot of oil, which also is making your rides fuel run rich. Which it must eat alot gas. What mods do you have in your ride.

92sxMike
03-07-2012, 07:35 AM
When you accelerate, does it take off full power. Also, when the motor shakes, does it sound like a subaru wrx? Cuz, if you have bad rings, your car is probably eating alot of oil, which also is making your rides fuel run rich. Which it must eat alot gas. What mods do you have in your ride.

I'm going to get a video up, because under load the car runs perfect.

92sxMike
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Ok so I go for a drive to try and video tape the problem and it seems like the problem went away, dont close the thread because it was only a 10min-15 min car ride.

S13x88
03-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Ok so I go for a drive to try and video tape the problem and it seems like the problem went away, dont close the thread because it was only a 10min-15 min car ride.

Was this after a fuel filter change?

92sxMike
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Was this after a fuel filter change?

Nope on my way to get the filter, thinking that maybe there was some soot that needed to be passed.