PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Brewskies

Flybert
01-20-2004, 05:47 AM
Bodington's Pub Ale will be an all time favorite for me. Same can be said about Guiness and Murphy's Stout. A new one that I'm liking is Rogue Hazelnut. Rogue brewery makes some really good beers. Last time I was at the Yardhouse, I tried some other good stuff but I forgot the name. What kind of brews do you guys like?

sykikchimp
01-20-2004, 07:20 AM
It's really hard to get into the Stout's when you started out drinking with 'the Beast'..

Blue moon would have to be my current Fav.

West
01-20-2004, 08:59 AM
Hmmmm. Definitly Shlitz Malt Liqour. :D No seriously... its the best 40oz around.

Otherwise...

Sunshine Wheat
Easy Steet Wheat
Hazed and Infused

Might have to be Beer country to know what these are though... Colorado is good for the beer heads :)

Steeles
01-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Guiness and newcastle, killians and of course some good ol St. Ides (from back in my hood days) Schlitz was good but it was nno Olde English 800

bah I drink liquor more than anything

Startours7
01-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Ballast Point, the best beer San Diego makes. I haven't had 1/4 of the beers in the world but this is my fav. I don't know if it makes it's way out of the county. If you ever see it buy some. Only make them in 22oz(in stores) or 1/2 gallon, 1 gallon(from brewery). I recomend the Calico(amber) or the Big Eye(I.P.A.). Other then that, Newcastle.
I love beer.

nokeone
01-20-2004, 01:21 PM
40's = Country Club (smooth and refreshing) or Steal Reserve (nasty but gets you faded with a quickness)

regular = a nice blonde or hefeweizen

not a big fan of dark beers...

JasonNagra
01-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Guniess. Hope I spelled it right.

nokeone
01-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Guniess. Hope I spelled it right.

guinness...

Burmonster
01-20-2004, 07:57 PM
I like Moose Head
Guess good things do come out of Canada........ohohohoh you got told

Chernobyl
01-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Warsteiner Dunkel. Nothing more, nothing less...

WilloW
01-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Heineken, Newcastle, and Samuel Adam.

Jeff240sx
01-20-2004, 10:13 PM
This is from a liqour drinker...
Take your microbrews and shove them up *technical difficulties*. Micros aren't cool to name or compare because they have about a 100 mile range. I don't know even 1/2 of these beers.
Guinness takes like burnt coffee. Yuk.
I agree with Steeles, for a 40oz (32 in FL cuz it's the law) OE 800 is it.
For normal beers, Red Stripe, Labatt Blue, Rolling Rock all are awesome! Hell.. most everything from Canada is, too.
-Jeff

hurleyboi514
01-20-2004, 10:18 PM
my favorite is warsteiner... its sooo good!! a girl from work suggested blue moon, but ive yet to try it. another favorite of mine is new castle, yum!!

Flybert
01-20-2004, 11:10 PM
My GF and I went back to yardhouse and we tried out a couple of different beers that turned out to be great. One was Young's Chocolate Stout and the other was Rogue Red Ale. I'm not a typical fan of the reds but this one was great. I think I'm going to have to say that Rogue is my favorite brewery here in the states and it's located in Newport, Oregon. Good stuff and I suggest you try it if it's around your neck of the woods.

Phlip
01-21-2004, 09:07 AM
I like Killian's, Red Stripe, Purple Haze (from a small brewery in Louisiana called Abita) and Yuengling personally... I don't favor any one ofer the others to be able to name a favorite though.

Jeff240sx
01-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Yuengling

Heh. You can't get any fresher Yuengling than I get. It's brewed in Tampa, right next to Busch Gardens. I've been on that tour a few times, and walk out with a 12 pack every one of them :) The factory is 10 minutes from my apartment. 5 minutes from my University.
-Jeff

sykikchimp
01-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Heh. You can't get any fresher Yuengling than I get. It's brewed in Tampa, right next to Busch Gardens. I've been on that tour a few times, and walk out with a 12 pack every one of them :) The factory is 10 minutes from my apartment. 5 minutes from my University.
-Jeff

mmm.. I love yuengling. As a casual drinking beer that I can drink lots of, yuengling is definately my favorite.

RBBaby
01-21-2004, 06:05 PM
ya'llz dont even know about saint louis beers.... while Im not a big budweiser fan, theres nothing quite like drinking a beer that was bottled 2 days prior.....

Warwick5s
01-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Boddington's Pub Ale
Guinness
Bass
Newcastle Brown Ale

and my favorite local - New Glarus Brewing Co Spotted Cow

tomenugen
01-21-2004, 10:22 PM
duvel all the way.
any one know where to score some pabst blue ribbon in socal or bay area?

Flybert
01-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Boddington's Pub Ale
Guinness
Bass
Newcastle Brown Ale

and my favorite local - New Glarus Brewing Co Spotted Cow

You and I are on the same level. Bass and newcastle are great as well.

01-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Hmmmm. Definitly Shlitz Malt Liqour. :D No seriously... its the best 40oz around.

sorry, it's gotta be OE, hehe. nothing can beat it :D

beer wise, i like budweiser or yuangling. well most other beers are fine, but that's just my preference. beer's beer. hehe. somewhat.....

SpeedMonkeyInc
01-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Ahhh beer, the good old days. You guys just wait untill you are my age. You can't drink beer like you used to. Just wait, things change when you get old. You will be drinking WINE like me! hahaha. Damn, I never thought I would be middle aged at 24.

Bodingtons is my fav for the grocery store stuff. You are good to go on that for days.
If you are any where near San Diego CA, try and find some Stone Brewing Co. They make a whole bunch of totally average swill, and a few steller brews. Smoked Porter and Barly Wine Style Ale will leave you in contempt of all other beer.

Flybert
01-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Ahhh beer, the good old days. You guys just wait untill you are my age. You can't drink beer like you used to. Just wait, things change when you get old. You will be drinking WINE like me! hahaha. Damn, I never thought I would be middle aged at 24.

Bodingtons is my fav for the grocery store stuff. You are good to go on that for days.
If you are any where near San Diego CA, try and find some Stone Brewing Co. They make a whole bunch of totally average swill, and a few steller brews. Smoked Porter and Barly Wine Style Ale will leave you in contempt of all other beer.

I think it's safe to assume that people in this thread are about your age. I know I am. As for Stone, that's the next beer I'm going to be trying. I'm gonna get me an Arrogant Bastard. I've just had a taste for beer lately. I've always liked it but I went on some medication where I couldn't drink it for a while so it's time to get back to drinking.

As for wine, I like to drink wine with dinner. You can't go wrong with that cheap but good Trader Joes Shiraz. Actually, the last bottle I had sucked but the rest were good.

SpeedMonkeyInc
01-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Skip the Arogant Bastard unless you like very average stuff. Its not bad at all, just boring. I recomend the Smoked Porter.

Have you tried any of Penfolds wine? You can get it at Trader Joes, and I have not had a disapointing bottle at any price.

Cheers!

Startours7
01-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Just say no to wineos.
Anyway Stone makes a really good IPA but the ruination is my fav of theres.
I think it's also there most expensive. Damb.

Fastback180
01-22-2004, 10:57 AM
YUENG LING AND ROLLING ROCK!!!! :hyper:

nrcooled
01-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Domestic---Coors Light (that's my shit dawg) Cheap and I have never had a skunky one
Import------Newcastle, Molson Golden Great taste and not very filling
If I didn't eat diner--Guinness

boosteds14
01-22-2004, 02:56 PM
My tastes:

1) Killians
2) Sam Adams
3) Becks
4) Rolling Rock
5) Corona

And if I ever see it at a bar instead of a sushi place---Saporro <--spelling

Best social drink