PDA

View Full Version : s13 Dying constantly, Bogging and Idling crazy.

phauntom
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
For some background:
I bought my first 1990 240sx 2 months back. Its a 240sx s13 hatch with 171k chassy mileage. But with a s14 95 motor swapped in with "60k" miles. Paints down by un profecessional, very runny clear coat and chiping. Interiors clean with a decent suspension. i was unpatient and didn't look around well enough before settling but i was sick of the Vw/Audi scene.
It failed smog. I did spark plugs and a new cat. Passed with flying colors.
I was driving and it started dying in neutral. Turns out the wiring for the 02 sensor was twisted together rather than sodered. It fixed it but let me to find that all of the wiring had been done by a complete idiot. Which makes me even more of an idiot for buying the car in the first place. I fixed what i could see on the wiring.

Well a week later i lost all power to the interior. No dome light, Auto seat belts only work with ignition on. and no power to the stero with a blown fuse. a couple days later my exhaust was getting loader. The flange for the down pipe to headers tore off. dragging the down pipe to the floor.
I just yesterday ordered a down pipe and installed it. Doing so i unplugged the 02 sensor bolted it on good and pluged the 02 sensor back in and started it up. when i then begain backing it up it died. Trouble starting back up then idling high and jumping from 2000 to 150. when you go to move it and give it gas is boggs then dies. i finally got it to move because by then i was in the middle of the street and drove it. the hole time it was bogging with my foot steddy on the gas. it felt like i was slamming on the gas then letting off then slamming it back down ect. i parked it to let it sit at iddle. it iddled high and then would jump to 1500 then to 150 then back to normal untill just stalling out.
before i did this i had the hole exhaust off just open headers and drove it about 5 miles to a garage where i could install the down pipe at. It drove like normal there.
So the only thing i could think of is the 02 sensor wiring came loose i need to fix it. or when i pulled the heat shield off i hit something. Idk what would cause this though other than 02 sensor or MAF.
Any Ideas.
Thanks.

jc91
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Since you said the wiring was messed up, make sure that the o2 and MAF wires are shielded. If they aren't it will send mixed signals that COULD cause the bogging but idk about the sporadic idles. Check this and post back up

Pro ViZIon
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Check the codes on the ecu and let us know what it came up with. Google for the procedure, It's very simple.