PDA

View Full Version : Thorough Concepts - High Pressure Power Steering Line Setup! MUST SEE

Thorough Concepts, LLC
02-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Stainless Steel Power Steering Lines with patented Distribution Block

http://s18.postimage.org/9sar8fw15/smaller_HPPS.jpg

Thorough Concepts, LLC (http://thoroughconcepts.com/)

(Currently available for all years of dual overhead cam Nissan 240sx)

This stainless steel power steering line setup replaces the less durable OEM setup. The ECU uses the OEM sensor to compensate for the increased load during turns by increasing the RPM’s. Unlike other aftermarket power steering lines, our setup retains the use of the OEM sensor through our patented distribution block which bolts up to the OEM bracket* minor modification necessary. The thermal sleeve guards against abrasion, as well as heat. A replacement OEM sensor can also be ordered if needed. Detailed installation instructions and all necessary hardware included.

Prices for the complete setup (with thermal sleeve) start at $270

All Thorough Concepts products are backed by an industry leading 3-year warranty on materials and workmanship. Our products are 100% made in the U.S.A. and are of the absolute highest quality. Every product is hand-inspected prior to shipping.

Check out our website here Thorough Concepts, LLC (http://thoroughconcepts.com/) and see what we're all about. Products can also be purchased on our website.

didderson
02-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Very nice and good timing for all of our old steering HP lines to die. Most of us don't use that pressure sensor anymore 'because racecar,' so I suggest also pricing & selling one without the sensor just a plug in that space.

sexcii-zenki
02-29-2012, 07:15 AM
is that only the pressure hose in the picture thats $270?

Chaluska
02-29-2012, 07:49 AM
is that only the pressure hose in the picture thats $270?

looks like it.. gotta pay to play

sexcii-zenki
02-29-2012, 08:19 AM
looks like it.. gotta pay to play

thats pricey as hell...chasebay has a kit with the return lines and resevoir that same price...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/supersylv1a/main.jpg

revcyanide
02-29-2012, 09:00 AM
thats what i plan on getting, but from their vq swap one.

260 bucks was qouted 250 elsewhere + you can add a cooler for 100 bucks

just food for thought if you want to move a lot of these kits

sexcii-zenki
02-29-2012, 09:11 AM
thats what i plan on getting, but from their vq swap one.

260 bucks was qouted 250 elsewhere + you can add a cooler for 100 bucks

just food for thought if you want to move a lot of these kits

same here 4the VQ swap as well

rbs14kouki
02-29-2012, 09:57 AM
You dont get to use the oem sensor with the chasebay kit !!!

DJ-of-E
02-29-2012, 10:21 AM
You dont get to use the oem sensor with the chasebay kit !!!

How much of a drop in RPM do you guys get without using this sensor?

Otherwise, +$200 is justifiable to use the OEM sensor and if Thorough Concept sis smart, they probably copyrighted the design to prevent competition from using this idea.

240trooper
02-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Will this high pressure line work on a s13 with super Hicas?

Thorough Concepts, LLC
02-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, lots of good questions and comments here so we'll try to answer thoroughly.

1) With regards to the chasebay kit, its more or less simply a high pressure power steering line setup. It does not retain the use of the OEM sensor as rbs14kouki pointed out.

2) We understand that our setup is more expensive than other options out there, but that's due to 1) the quality of our lines and fittings, 2) our patented distribution block (DJ-of-E was right!) and 3) our warranty. We maintain the highest quality by manufacturing our products here in Southern California! This also means that if you have any issues, they will be dealt with swiftly.

3) Lastly about the RPM drop, there are too many variables to give a completely accurate answer, from the complete setup of the car you're running (including tire sizes etc.), to the displacement of your engine, even down to the way you are driving it. However, lower displacement engines will see a larger load during turns than will higher displacement ones. Also, you will see larger load if you are drifting, counter-steering, etc. On relatively normal engine setups, we have measured between 200 and 400 RPM drop for most vehicles tested (there have been higher and lower drops but those seem to be anomalies).

If you guys have any other questions or comments, feel free to contact us directly via PM, or email ([email protected]) and visit our new website Home - Thorough Concepts, LLC (http://www.thoroughconcepts.com)

Thanks!

Mark

hOngsterr
02-29-2012, 06:06 PM
you guys should do an install and use my car as a demo :D

great stuff, but can't justify spending $270 atm.

02-29-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't even think I have my switch hooked up with every thing that's Ben deleted the CB kit seams to be a better fit for my situation but some one with
A totally oem set up I can see how this line would be good .But CB is 249$ and 90% of us will go for less price an more stuff

Thorough Concepts, LLC
02-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Will this high pressure line work on a s13 with super Hicas?

no, it will not work with super Hicas

Thorough Concepts, LLC
02-29-2012, 10:44 PM
But CB is 249$ and 90% of us will go for less price an more stuff

The Chase Bays kit is not necessarily "more stuff" its simply a "100% replacement power steering kit" as stated on their website with the stated purpose of being a "leak free" setup and replacing the "ugly" stock one. (All this has been taken directly from Chase Bays here (http://www.chasebays.com/brands/chase-bays/chase-bays-power-steering-kit-for-nissan-240sx).

Our kit is designed and built purely for performance with the added bonus of looking pretty darn good too lol. Please do not mistake what we are saying as in any way talking badly about Chase Bays product, they just serve different purposes so simply buy the one that suits your needs :D

Best,

Mark

Thorough Concepts, LLC
02-29-2012, 10:46 PM
you guys should do an install and use my car as a demo :D

great stuff, but can't justify spending $270 atm.

Haha, thanks hOngsterr, we currently aren't in need of any other demo cars but we'll keep you in mind for the future! Keep an eye out for specials from us and our distributors in the future!

crayzwhiteboy
03-01-2012, 12:06 AM
The Chase Bays kit is not necessarily "more stuff" its simply a "100% replacement power steering kit" as stated on their website with the stated purpose of being a "leak free" setup and replacing the "ugly" stock one. (All this has been taken directly from Chase Bays here (http://www.chasebays.com/brands/chase-bays/chase-bays-power-steering-kit-for-nissan-240sx).

Our kit is designed and built purely for performance with the added bonus of looking pretty darn good too lol. Please do not mistake what we are saying as in any way talking badly about Chase Bays product, they just serve different purposes so simply buy the one that suits your needs :D

Best,

Mark

damn thats professional. good luck selling your products, its hard to find a company that acts like a company.:goyou:

punk138
03-01-2012, 12:06 AM
like the product. don't like the price. maybe I'll be forced to buy when my oem line blows up!

DJ-of-E
03-01-2012, 12:35 AM
If anything, I'll most likely buy this around late May, early June when I start my project of replacing power steering and rack & pinion (leaky thx to previous owner >_<). I'll make a write up and review the difference between with and without sensor.

Though it would be nice if I could get the other two lines for power steering as well. Finding matching fitments to make your own SS lines is PITA.

Munkichum
03-02-2012, 02:35 AM
I like to try and keep as much OEM function as I can but unfortunately my car is in storage for the next 11 months as I spend the remainder of my Japan overseas tour (military) getting as much JDM parts as possible. lol

Thorough Concepts, LLC
03-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Some of you may have seen our new posts on the Zilvia home page. If not we have completely reworked all of our pricing!!! Thanks in no small part to you guys here on Zilvia! Don't say we don't listen!

High Pressure Power Steering Setup starting at $219.99

Oh, and did I mention free shipping and handling and no tax?!?!?

Check it out here (http://www.thoroughconcepts.com/products/high-pressure-power-steering-line-setups/)!

Regards,

Mark

revcyanide
03-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Nice man! That's awesome

sent from herp derp using my derpX

RedSiBaron
03-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Some of you may have seen our new posts on the Zilvia home page. If not we have completely reworked all of our pricing!!! Thanks in no small part to you guys here on Zilvia! Don't say we don't listen!

High Pressure Power Steering Setup starting at $219.99

Oh, and did I mention free shipping and handling and no tax?!?!?

Check it out here (http://www.thoroughconcepts.com/products/high-pressure-power-steering-line-setups/)!

Regards,

Mark

Package deal with your driveshaft? I would like to support your company!! (Ill probably call this week.)

Thorough Concepts, LLC
03-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Package deal with your driveshaft? I would like to support your company!! (Ill probably call this week.)

PM sent! :)