PDA

View Full Version : SoCal only: Seriously about to ditch this bullsh$& S-chassis garbage.

EsChassisLove
02-28-2012, 01:41 PM
This is the second time I have dropped my car off for some work while I left on leave/training/missions etc, and got a call half way through saying "Hey we are closing shop so we didnt touch your car, and you need to come get it, sorry"

I dropped my car off for a rebuild and a bunch of other work two weeks ago.

Got a call this morning that the owner literally made the decision to close up shop in 1 month just today.

They referred me to another shop in mission Viejo, and they are fucking moving and not accepting shit for two months.

GarageBoso wants an arm and a leg and will take 4 fucking months to change a damn tire because of the drift season (thats sarcasm they dont take that long but they are slow during the season)

Car Tune in San Diego is full of a bunch of sketch ass honda bitches that over charge for the simplest shit and probably dont know dick anyways.

Are there any other fucking shops that can rebuild my fucking engine and do it right? I can't disclose what shop my car is currently at because they asked me not to let anyone know they are closing.

I'm seriously about to drive this shit to JoTech in Texas and have them build it.

On top of that, I drove my uncles Z06 Corvette around with my wife yesterday and it's better than any S-Chassis I have ever driven in my fucking life so I really want one now.

FML. I'm so fed up with 240s.

Kiro1968
02-28-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm not on the forums a lot but check out FSR Motorsports in Montclair, CA. They do good work and stand by their work. Tell them Roy referred them to you. Good luck. ^_^

ryandh
02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
thats why I bought a skyline...and kept it bone stock to be different from the 'crowd'. 240's are played out and everyone knows it. Go be different and get something else. I'm going old school italian after I get out of my superduperjdmtyte phase.

stinky_180
02-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Corner3Garage in lake forest is highly reputable

EsChassisLove
02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
I would never buy a Skyline. Have fun when the RB starts needing replacement parts. I'm already different because I don't pay attention to the fads. I'm gonna be the only properly set up 400rw SR S14 that doesn't nutswing trends in Cali if it's ever done.

I'll look up that suggested place.

I wish I had a month off of work to just do all this myself.

EsChassisLove
02-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Sorry if my language or attitude bothers anyone right now.

I'm just royally pissed off and fed up with this shit.

And my uncle won't let me buy his Z06.

BLAH

stinky_180
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
CORNER 3 GARAGE (http://www.corner3garage.com)

i believe the owner/coowner is on zilvia and he attends the irvine wednesday meet from time to time.

EsChassisLove
02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Damn FSR doesnt look bad at all. Friendly folk aswell

EsChassisLove
02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
CORNER 3 GARAGE (http://www.corner3garage.com)

i believe the owner/coowner is on zilvia and he attends the irvine wednesday meet from time to time.

Sucks their site is down :( I'll call/email them.

driftsilvias13
02-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Ive never personally had experience with Corner3 Garage but a good friend only takes his cars there and I can say they do quality work.

Black R
02-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Just get a z06 IMO.

Schassis are shit.

ManoNegra
02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Talk to Matt from SRMotorcars
see my sig

EsChassisLove
02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
FSR can't take my car for 4 months.

I'm about to drop 25k on a fucking Vette. Who wants a S14 that needs one new piston?

tacotacotaco
02-28-2012, 03:30 PM
I recommend Corner 3 Garage. Site is down as they are redoing it. Call them up. I have all my stuff done there and Steve the master tech is one damn discerning detail oriented guy. Check their yelp review trust me.

Also they aren't a bunch of street mechanics who decided to open up a shop.

EsChassisLove
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Corner 3 is a no go.

They said they dont really do rebuilds anymore.

Something about the nearest machine shop they trust being 4 hours away.

FML. I am fucking stressed right now.

sw20>>s14
02-28-2012, 06:05 PM
On top of that, I drove my uncles Z06 Corvette around with my wife yesterday and it's better than any S-Chassis I have ever driven in my fucking life so I really want one now.

FML. I'm so fed up with 240s.

you had to actually drive one to realize that? you've been doing it wrong this whole time :facepalm:

SDgoods
02-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I just started working with these guys, they are an honest, at-home, very very nissan experienced (as you can read on the website) shop. Let me know if you would like a quote on any services or parts. If you go directly to them make sure you tell them Daniel sent you

5523 Motorsports Home (http://www.5523motorsports.com/)

https://www.facebook.com/5523motorsports

Edwin562
02-28-2012, 06:41 PM
sideways performance... dope guys, good work...

ericcastro
02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Sideways Performance.

If you pay what they ask and dont nickle and dime them, they will do awesome work for you.
The only complaints they ever get are people that dont wanna pay to have harnesses done right, then cry later when things are tapped together all Jerry like, lol.

They have sponsored my driving for a few years now, So I have been there many times with any electrical/engine or suspension, they're good.(my cars exterior is on me, lol)
They know everything right off the bat and do any swap From S2000's into rollas to 2Jz soarers.

They are in Santa Ana and can prolly hold your car for a bit too.

EsChassisLove
02-28-2012, 07:18 PM
you had to actually drive one to realize that? you've been doing it wrong this whole time :facepalm:

Oh no, I've always wanted one. Since the day I laid eyes on it.

But I always thought driving a 400whp S14 made up for it.

It doesn't.

Z06 weighs more, has 60 less HP and annihilates that shit. ALL DAY. That instant low end torque is unforgiving.

Not to mention the looks. "Why is that 16 year old driving a Z06?!?" I'm not 16. I just look 16.

So I found a place called Kaizen Motorsports. FSR referred me to them

I had a chat with him, relaly great guy. He focuses mainly on Toyota Supras, Lexus, anything with a 7m 1/2jz in it pretty much.

But an engine is an engine. Plus he can port my head and flow match it to my head/cam set up since he has a flow machine.

Think I will go with this guy.

So who wants a fully built, darton sleeved 400whp SR20 S14?

Because no matter what I want a damn Z06 lol

562s13
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM
so im assuming you in the military right?? well garage boso does take forever during season. id suggest sideways performance. good prices and quality work. if you wanna sell your s14 lmk before may 29. i ship out then.

ericcastro
02-28-2012, 09:05 PM
so you now understand why people like to put the V8 in the nissan, lol

keytops
02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Kaizen is an awesome shop. Jose does good honest work for an fair price. I am there often to supervise so I'll come see your car. :)

UNITEDMASTER
02-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I got rebuilds going down all day from mild to wild. Check out the engine rebuild thread in this same section.

Sounds like you melted a piston high boostin with not enough fuel,speculation only!!!

But yea hit me up if you want to get it handled..

I just re-read this.... Soooo if you have sleeves, I would assume you have forged pistons also,since you said its a fully built motor?????? with that being said if you got a bumm piston(forged?) then it sounds to me as if the tune may be a bit off,cause if you melted/damaged rings or ring lands then damn back off the timing from base & add fuel based on AFRs.Or its due to over rev damage

Have you done a leak down test,to determine if the loss of compresion is in the top end or the bottom end?

NOTE: This is all speculation!!!!

OG MADE SINCE BACK THEN,some of the same peeps that comented here can vouch for my steez!!!!

rcdad123
02-29-2012, 12:46 AM
when you say rebuild, what exactly do you want done to the car? i have a shop in lakeside.

EsChassisLove
02-29-2012, 08:08 AM
I got rebuilds going down all day from mild to wild. Check out the engine rebuild thread in this same section.

Sounds like you melted a piston high boostin with not enough fuel,speculation only!!!

But yea hit me up if you want to get it handled..

I just re-read this.... Soooo if you have sleeves, I would assume you have forged pistons also,since you said its a fully built motor?????? with that being said if you got a bumm piston(forged?) then it sounds to me as if the tune may be a bit off,cause if you melted/damaged rings or ring lands then damn back off the timing from base & add fuel based on AFRs.Or its due to over rev damage

Have you done a leak down test,to determine if the loss of compresion is in the top end or the bottom end?

NOTE: This is all speculation!!!!

OG MADE SINCE BACK THEN,some of the same peeps that comented here can vouch for my steez!!!!

It was more like to much fuel and horrible timing :P

The shop it is currently at did a leak down test and it is the piston rings.

Right now as the engine sits its a stock top end, with eagle rods, wiseco 87mm pistons on the stock sleeves, 2871, external wastegate, nismo 740s etcetc.

The last tuner I had tune it when I upgraded to the 2871, just did not do a good job. Whens the last time you saw a 15psi 2871 make 230whp with everything supporting it except cams? Never, right? Because the tune was shit.

I drove it like that for while, just as an A-B car, never racing. And it just took its toll on one of the pistons.

170-140-170-170 are my compression numbers and that second one just keeps dropping.

It took me WAY too long to reset the power FC, install oem injectors, and reset my timing to get it perfect again.

I'm talking to Jose at Kaizen today again to see if I can drop my car off friday or saturday.

EsChassisLove
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Heres the list of things being done as of now, and this is all brand new

JWT S3 cams
Comp Stage 4 sprung clutch
RPS CYN-R-G Flywheel
Nismo 740cc injectors
Apexi AVCR
Glowshift 30psi white gauge
Glowshift 2400*F EGT gauge
Circuit Sports engine mounts
IACV Valve
Darton Sleeves
CP 88MM Pistons with top and side coating
ARP Head studs (the eagle H rods came with arp mainstuds.
Apexi Metal HG
OEM Water pump
OEM Con/main/thrust bearings. CON/MAIN have WPC treatment
OEM Master Gasket kit
Circuit Sports thermal intake gasket
Fortune Auto 500 coilovers with Swift springs.
And I think theres more but until then my mind is blank.

A pic for fun

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/DrftReadySR/1079079653_5aPs8-XL-1.jpg

Edit-Selling my Exedy Hypersingle thats currently on the car. Didnt slip in the car it came from at 330whp and it didnt slip in mine when I was at 280whp. 1 drift event on it 2 years ago. Believe it or not lol

fckillerbee
02-29-2012, 03:13 PM
is the shop in mission viejo called VILDINI motorsports?

that's where I would recommend going to. Awesome rebuilds. Over 8k miles on their track s13 with 400whp on E-85. They are also finishing up with their v8 350z.

tell them "hamburg" referred you. :D

DJ-of-E
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Corner 3 is a no go.

They said they dont really do rebuilds anymore.

Something about the nearest machine shop they trust being 4 hours away.

Well that sucks. I spoke to a few 350z and 300zx people who had their engine rebuild them saying it's like buying a brand new engine. Man...and I wanted to get my KA24DE rebuilt from them as well.

UNITEDMASTER
02-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Please add a wideband to your list,but otherwise it sounds good

EsChassisLove
02-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Already have a aem uego installed.

EsChassisLove
02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
As you can tell by the picture lol

zerodameaon
03-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Your in the military and you cant find a shop, the answer is right on base if you have the know how to get it done. The hobby shop on 32nd is great. Only down side is its $110 a month and they kinda got weird with the welding after some kid almost burned the place down.

EsChassisLove
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM
I love when people tell me to do it myself.

I installed the majority of the upgrades to my car. The intake, fuel rail, pump, injectors, 2871, external wastegate, catch can, things like that in my apartment complex. That was when my command was letting us out at 1400 everyday.

Now we don't get let out till 1700, sometimes later. I have a wife and son. I'm not about to spend my nights and weekends building an engine anywhere. I'm just to busy for it.

When I installed my external wastegate it took me over a week to do because work and family kept me so busy.

My schedule drives me insane :(

GT Motion
03-01-2012, 08:45 AM
thats why I bought a skyline...and kept it bone stock to be different from the 'crowd'. 240's are played out and everyone knows it. Go be different and get something else. I'm going old school italian after I get out of my superduperjdmtyte phase.

Why are you even on a 240 forum?

EsChassisLove
03-01-2012, 12:26 PM
I knew i should of bought PBMs HMIC kit sooner.

Now i have to wait a month for new cores to come in. Ugh.

zerodameaon
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Ok well that makes sense. I guess being single it wasn't much of a issue to spend from 17 to closing over there. With a family I see why you want a shop.

WIKID S4TEEN
03-01-2012, 02:51 PM
^ yeah having kids changes everything.
I remember I used to work on my cars all weekend long.
It gets frustrating when your 2yr old is trying to get under the car with you, trying to hand you tools, lol.

562s13
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
working on cars with a kid is actually fun. my 1yr old son grabs a screwdriver and pokes at my tires. luckily thats all he pokes at or he'd be scratching my paint on the s14.

EsChassisLove
03-01-2012, 05:07 PM
My 1 yr old just throws my tools everywhere lol

bardabe
03-02-2012, 02:51 AM
have you found anyone to take care of you? if not PM me im still booking in schedules.

EsChassisLove
03-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Yea I decided to take it to kaizen motorsports. Jose there seems like a very knowledgeable and honest guy. A lot of Toyota and Lexus guys back him up all day long.

Vatche
03-02-2012, 10:11 AM
i would have also recommended Corner 3 Garage, im surprised they said no, i guess they are too busy or something. I had my engine work done there and i trust steve with my car. cant say the same about most people.

i would also vouch for Unitedmaster, AJ is a really nice guy and knows his shit, been at it for a long time and has done some crazy work.

You could call up Drift Speed in los alamitos, theyre knowledgeable and reputable also and super nice.

I could name a few other shops but I havent had work done at any of them so i cant vouch for them.

If you take it somwhere I wish you luck, my advice would be, to be patient and to make sure you send it to the right people for now on. In your situation I could see how it would be a pain, but the s-chassis is such an enjoyable chassis. There are other nice cars out there, its really what suits you. ill have my 13 for life :D