PDA

View Full Version : Reputable places to Weld my diff DFW

Shaddy-Z.
02-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Basically all explained in the title. I'm looking to weld the diff in my z somewhere local and I would like a shop that's experienced. I've asked plenty people and they always try to convince me not to do it.

I called alamo performance and they wanted to charge me $800 for them to drop the pumpkin and do a weld, or $400 if I took the pumpkin to them. I thought that was ridiculous and I might as well buy a 2 way if that was the case...

So hopefully I can get some good feedback! I'd love to get my diff welded soon, most people I've talked to only get charged 50-200! So hopefully I can get it done for around that price. Thanks.

caglej
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
just call random shops. we talked at the southlake meet i believe. red 240 coupe.

Shaddy-Z.
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Haha yup. I actually found a pretty badass shop that has done a lot of differentials right down the street. Gonna drop it and take it to them soon hopefully!

hOngsterr
03-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Take it to a baja shop tell them to weld a plate on the gears, done. Tell them, it doesnt matter what you think is safe, its what im paying you for, well can you do it? lol Save some money, drive of oc, welding a diff here is like 50 bucks.

soreballz
03-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Save some money, drive of oc, welding a diff here is like 50 bucks.
You realize that this thread is in the South Central States section, and that DFW means Dallas-Fort Worth, right? 1400ish miles from Orange County.