PDA

View Full Version : s13.4

iveexcaped3
02-25-2012, 06:14 PM
so i crashed the front of my pig nose last night and have been wanting to do the s13.4 conversion for a while, ive done some searching and got most of the answers but just a few unclear things i want to know.
ill need
kouki hood
thinking extreme dimension conversion fenders
dmax blinkers and corners
kouki lights
bumper cover and foam

now where im unclear is for the s13 do you have to have the core suport
and also the actual metal bumper??? any help would be good

most the searches came up when people were still splitting and rewelding fenders so its out of date a lil

iveexcaped3
02-25-2012, 06:15 PM
and s14 hood hinges ill need

mr.man.performance
02-28-2012, 01:05 PM
You won't need the metal bumper but I would look into some sort of additional support in the front. Btw, from what I've heard, extreme dimension stuff isn't very good. Can't speak from experience though

EvoVIII808
02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Im sure Hypercrush could help you out.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/362138-ace-up-elevens-s13-4-pro-am-build-up.html

iveexcaped3
02-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Hmm anyone know a company that sells metal conversion fenders?

Hypercrush did a custom core support so it wouldn't help that much

EvoVIII808
02-29-2012, 01:10 PM
not sure if they do metal conversion. prob can get some custom made. Shouldnt be to hard.

iveexcaped3
02-29-2012, 01:44 PM
not sure if they do metal conversion. prob can get some custom made. Shouldnt be to hard.

They'll just tell me to cut up a kouki fender and a s13 fender and weld them together. Looking for a company that spent time making a press for them. Otherwise I need to find a company that has a good fit. I know b magic makes some too but don't know to many others

Dorifto Machine
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
They'll just tell me to cut up a kouki fender and a s13 fender and weld them together. Looking for a company that spent time making a press for them. Otherwise I need to find a company that has a good fit. I know b magic makes some too but don't know to many others

Your going to be looking for a while, because their is no one that makes them in metal fenders. Its nothing but cheap fiberglass fenders with terrible fitment. The metal ones will be custom like you said. Ive been doing my s14.5 conversion and have searched the end of the internet for every possibility ,I refuse to use fiberglass. Already gone thru a couple sets, in the end the metal fenders ( custom ) is more expensive but for the long run they will outlast multiple fiberglass fenders.

iveexcaped3
02-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Your going to be looking for a while, because their is no one that makes them in metal fenders. Its nothing but cheap fiberglass fenders with terrible fitment. The metal ones will be custom like you said. Ive been doing my s14.5 conversion and have searched the end of the internet for every possibility ,I refuse to use fiberglass. Already gone thru a couple sets, in the end the metal fenders ( custom ) is more expensive but for the long run they will outlast multiple fiberglass fenders.

I wouldn't even know where to start to find a company that would make them, I've done splits before but afraid to do it on my car

tapdeznutz
03-01-2012, 12:26 PM

what is the problem with fiberglass for longevity. please explain?

cbcm2435
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
you could always just use the s14 fenders, thats what forrest wang does with his, and it looks good

iveexcaped3
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Just s14 fenders look like a poor job cuz they flair out at the door and doesn't look clean imo

Fiberglass cracks and chips easy. So if you hit a blind dip or some thing like that chances are its gonna crack at the bottom. My car scraps nasty already over small speed bumps

nightslider916
03-02-2012, 06:45 PM
I got my metal fenders made and whole s14 front end fitted by my guy in Upland. I could give up his number. He even swapped the core support

iveexcaped3
03-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm gonna do all the work myself I'm very fabrication inclined so it won't be a big deal I'm getting a core support tomorrow, so ill be putting that in next week then its time for parts, I'm gonna have to make a build thread hahaha

ov1989
03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
dang man sucks to hear.. but gl on that conversion ..

iveexcaped3
03-03-2012, 08:59 AM
dang man sucks to hear.. but gl on that conversion ..

thanks dude its all a learning experence, but according to my girl im a perfectionest so it wont hit the streets till "its jdm yo! spring break bash" if theyll accept my car into it, we will see

iveexcaped3
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Well update for everyone got a zenki core support, so its gonna be time to drill out the old on and reweld in the new one

cbcm2435
03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Just s14 fenders look like a poor job cuz they flair out at the door and doesn't look clean imo

Fiberglass cracks and chips easy. So if you hit a blind dip or some thing like that chances are its gonna crack at the bottom. My car scraps nasty already over small speed bumps

they kinda remind me of wide body fenders like koguchi fenders

iveexcaped3
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
yeah but the rear isnt widebody (yet) so it look dumb heres a few pictures of my car
and why im doing the conversion
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/iveexcaped3/6193430414_af6e2bd5ed.jpg
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/iveexcaped3/utf-8BSU1BRzAxNjYuanBn.jpg
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/iveexcaped3/utf-8BSU1BRzAxMzEuanBn.jpg
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/iveexcaped3/6193341970_fee1e5f1e0.jpg

and the reason why
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/iveexcaped3/crash.jpg

im turning this into my build thread hahahaha gotta edit the first questions