PDA

View Full Version : S14 Brake Problem

ricardo_dws
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Alright guys here is my problem, i have searched google for an answer but i cant find a similar problem to mine that has been answered, i tried doing a search on zilvia but the search engine isnt working on my computer...

well it all started when i was driving and hit my brakes a little bit harder then normal, the brake just sunk down and didnt stop, had to pull the hand brake to avoid collision, i was a few blocks away from home so i drove back and the brakes sunk down on me the whole way their, i have to pump a few times to get a minor feel, i notice that when the brakes sunk down the temp gauge flikered crazy and it does it everytime it happens... the problem goes away and its not constant, meaning it goes a few days without doing it or only after long drives.

from what i have read, the abs module is know to gather air in it causing this problem, my abs is not connect since i switch out my harness with an non abs one and its the least of my worries since am going to replace my MC because i want to remove my abs, am upgrading to a z32 MC (z32 brakes all around) and rerouting the brake lines and bleeding the system, their isnt any bubles on the lines since i check it out yesterday when i got my exhaust fixed.

so my question is why is the temp gauge going crazy when this happens?
would their be any other reason this is happening that i missed?
am really hoping the problem get solved when i replace the MC and remove the module, but i still dont get how the temp gauge has something to do with this?

any input that is useful would help and please dont talk smack, thats the only reason i dont get stuff done right or quick is because i hate asking since some people are not so nice,
thanks in advance guys

s13SilVia
02-26-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm having the same problem on my s13, I found a leak in one of the lines replaced it bled the lines and the problem is still there. I'm thinking brake master cylinder or another leak. If you find out what your problem is hit me up so I can try it to.

fliprayzin240sx
02-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Your temp gauge has nothing to do with your brakes, must be just a coincidence.

As far as your brakes, was it working perfectly fine one second and then went to the floor the next? If thats the case, MC is probably bad. Check for leak on the MC, firewall side and inside the car. If thats good, check all your brake soft lines, one of them could have busted if you're still using the stock lines.

ricardo_dws
03-18-2012, 02:58 PM
*UPDATE*
well i checked all the ss lines and they were fine, so I just ended up removing the abs system and looping the lines and adding an extra line since i also replaced the MC with a z32 MC and now the brakes seem to work flawless
I took my old MC to my friend who is a toyota mechanic and told me it was bad,
so s13SilVia flip is right, you should start their and take it from their, sorry took so long to update, just kept forgetting to get around to it

s13SilVia
03-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Yea i figured it out, replaced all lines with ss lines bleed all brakes real good and now everything works perfect