PDA

View Full Version : Z32 13" Rotors

LuckyX2
02-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Hey guys,

I've been looking at doing a z32 brake upgrade on my 240 and I came across these here:

LINK! (http://www.z1motorsports.com/240sx/product_info.php?products_id=141)

EDIT: Link seems to be down currently but what I'm talking about are the Z1 Motorsports 13" z32 rotors

So yeah, I would like to run these rotors here up front that are 2" larger diameter than stock z32 rotors. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

I'm aware of the 350z track rotor upgrade and the problem where the brake pads hang over the edge of the rotor and I was hoping these wouldn't have the same issue. I mean, what's the point of a larger rotor if the pad isn't completely touching it...

Thanks for your opinions

codyace
02-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Most do have overhang, but it's so minimal that it shouldn't effect anything. Mine did, and survived countless track days. It may make them screech a little, but any big boy pad is doing to do that as well.

LuckyX2
02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
So you ran these same ones or was it the 350z track rotor or something else?

Is the fitment for these any better than the 350z track rotor setup or is this essentially the same thing? Because I'm guessing it would be cheaper to source the 350z rotors and brackets than the $300 for this kit. Plus I'd like rotors that aren't slotted or drilled like these.

codyace
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM
So you ran these same ones or was it the 350z track rotor or something else?

Is the fitment for these any better than the 350z track rotor setup or is this essentially the same thing? Because I'm guessing it would be cheaper to source the 350z rotors and brackets than the $300 for this kit. Plus I'd like rotors that aren't slotted or drilled like these.

You will still need the adapter bracket to make it all work. If you are honestly tracking your car, get a skullworks wilwood kit

LuckyX2
02-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I realize I'm going to need an adapter no matter what, I just wasn't sure if one was better than another. And thanks for the wilwood tip.