PDA

View Full Version : Like how this place is now

DRFT
01-18-2004, 03:03 AM
After all the hours of waiting yesterday, i must say i like the new update.

thanks West! :)

o and i like the new quick reply too :yum:

G_Fish240
01-18-2004, 03:45 AM
yeah it looks nice, but there is no more view recent post thing, unless i missed it

camppain
01-18-2004, 04:05 AM
quick reply, woot woot hop skip jump coo coo ca choo foo!

:)

camppain
01-18-2004, 04:07 AM
What the hizzle is reputation points?

no i di'int wanna ed'it

boro240
01-18-2004, 04:19 AM
im glad its back up, i was starting to go through withdrawls.

ca18guy
01-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Thank god for thread preview, finally!

ckyfish
01-18-2004, 09:17 AM
its so professional, i must say the best looking fourum on the web

fastpace
01-18-2004, 09:25 AM
It looks okay, it is going to take me awhile to get used to it. but it is easy to get through things.

tharubberbandman
01-18-2004, 09:57 AM
:coold: i like the new board

-E-
01-18-2004, 10:04 AM
good job West :)

wherezmytofu
01-18-2004, 11:31 AM
i liked it better when you werent here, but thats just me :)

DRFT
01-18-2004, 01:06 PM
hate to say it but this kinda reminds me of 240sxforums now

old_s13
01-18-2004, 02:22 PM
I dont care for the change.... but hey, whatever floats the boat.

Burmonster
01-18-2004, 02:25 PM
I like it alot, good work!!!

old_s13
01-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Alright, now that I've had 5 minutes so sort through the new look, I'll tell you all what I DONT like. The space -- there is a LOT of wasted space. Big borders, larger fonts, I feel like I am playing Super Mario Brothers on a 50" television. I have to scroll too much to see what I want to see. Things need to be condensed, I am not visually impaired and dont like to scroll all day to see shiet.

Second, I dont like the baloon dialogue box that tells you a preview of the message. While I do like that feature, I dont think it should span over the entire cell. INSTEAD, the hot area should be the text -- NOT the entire cell.

Quick reply is good, Im down with that.. just make the cell a bit larger maybe 800pixels wide.. no one runs in 640x480 and if they do, they deserve death.

Just make shit smaller and less spaced out and we'll be fine. The software seems to run quicker though, thats always a good thing.

ps: Posting RULES? Similar threads? DOES ANYONE CARE?!?! get rid of that waste of space...

- mike

nocomedown
01-18-2004, 02:54 PM
i like the thread preview thing. lookin' good

Chernobyl
01-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Feels like the look of the forums gets updated every month around here. I alwasy hated thread preview though, but I'll get used to it.

wherezmytofu
01-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Alright, now that I've had 5 minutes so sort through the new look, I'll tell you all what I DONT like. The space -- there is a LOT of wasted space. Big borders, larger fonts, I feel like I am playing Super Mario Brothers on a 50" television. I have to scroll too much to see what I want to see. Things need to be condensed, I am not visually impaired and dont like to scroll all day to see shiet.

Second, I dont like the baloon dialogue box that tells you a preview of the message. While I do like that feature, I dont think it should span over the entire cell. INSTEAD, the hot area should be the text -- NOT the entire cell.

Quick reply is good, Im down with that.. just make the cell a bit larger maybe 800pixels wide.. no one runs in 640x480 and if they do, they deserve death.

Just make shit smaller and less spaced out and we'll be fine. The software seems to run quicker though, thats always a good thing.

ps: Posting RULES? Similar threads? DOES ANYONE CARE?!?! get rid of that waste of space...

- mike

thanks for the write up :bigok:

West
01-18-2004, 05:40 PM
I dont see anything that is oversized. Its all the same font size, etc as the old style.

I dont like how the preview thread script works either, it always pops up and is in the way, ill see if there is a hack to get it to only display when over your cursor is over the text, not the whole cell.

I think simular threads is great for noobs who post something and want to see more about it. Its not in the way of anything either. Just needs some fine tuning so it shows actuall simular threads, right now it show just about anything :|

Steeles
01-18-2004, 09:11 PM
all in all I like the new look... cept for that damn registered user thing :) but i digress. time will tell how I like the functional side but so far no complaints. I like the quick reply. maybe now someone can actually beatr Dousan to saying SEARCH lol. but I doubt it.. can we disable his? I also like that it shows your sig even in the quick reply. other boards quick replies dont do that.

Steeles
01-18-2004, 09:13 PM
oh but I want a link that takes me back to the forum section at the bottom of the page. so like when the thread pops up my reply I dont have to scrolll alll the way back up to click on whatever forum i was in. (the scroll box is annoying I just wanna go back to chat, OT, tech whichever one the thread is in)

wherezmytofu
01-18-2004, 10:29 PM
oh but I want a link that takes me back to the forum section at the bottom of the page. so like when the thread pops up my reply I dont have to scrolll alll the way back up to click on whatever forum i was in. (the scroll box is annoying I just wanna go back to chat, OT, tech whichever one the thread is in) wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine, cheese

soulDistortion
01-18-2004, 10:54 PM
TURN HTML CODE OFF

I can't stress that enough. Some jackass is going to exploit it, I'm sure.

SimpleS14
01-18-2004, 11:10 PM
hate to say it but this kinda reminds me of 240sxforums now

yes it does...its because they are using the same software. However the layout over here seems to have a "small" theme compared to 240SXforums. Either way, I like it and keep up the good work.

West
01-19-2004, 12:15 AM
It should be turned off unless it got turned on. Ill double check.