PDA

View Full Version : drift teams........

nokeone
01-16-2004, 01:58 PM
with the recent explosion of the drift craze here in the states i have gradually begun to notice more and more "drift teams" in people's signatures, misc threads, on other websites, etc...

anyway i was just wondering about this and figured i'd post somethin up about it as i was curious...

basically who is out there?..why are you in existance?..what do you do?..etc etc...

thought it might be interesting to see just how far this has gone...

feel free to post your own team and any relevant info about it...post web sites with funny or serious teams you have come across...

compliments, jokes, encouragement, flaming...whatever...let's see who's out there...

i'll start:

PANDA...some dorks from Santa Cruz, California who suck at drifting but wanted to be cool...thought this was the best way to gain recognition and hook up sponsors...plus it gets MADD girlies...:boink:

members: myself, scooter (rbs14), nic (FC), and rob (wannabe in a civic)...

website: www.geocities.com/noke_starr/PANDA.html (made in 10 min while bored at work and NOT done..lol)

Dousan_PG
01-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Pink GodziRa
we got a crappy website too, and we have no girlies flocking us. i blame the webmaster..oh wait....

members. i forget. like 7 or 8 in california (yeswepromise, itsybitsy240sxey, driftingpands, toso, doriftoslut, dousan_pg, adey----and i feel im forgetting someone), and more on east coast (i cant keep track) and dont forget our Hawaii boy, Boro! :) alone out in the pacific.
steeles is on this forum, he's one of us. and then noobathon and kookz are out there. so is escaflowne (estevan)

same "members" since day 1 and occassionaly get someone ask to join (why i dont know, its not even serious team).

what we do? besides being jerks on line, just track stuff and so forth.

general enjoyments, being posers, flaming newbies and sleeping

link is in the siggy

nokeone
01-16-2004, 02:34 PM
teams i'd like to know about since i have seen their names here and there...:

team darrifftaa or somethin...

drift kings...

land ho...

akuma dori 831 or somethin...

ummmm yeah...lol..:)

01-16-2004, 02:39 PM
LAND HO

If we werent so lazy we would have a site up. Ya we have no girles flocking to us either. Eh.

As far as member's we have 10 all located here in southern cali. ([email protected],NiteKids,Mr.Migs,Akuma Trueno... are the only ones who post) and a few other peoples. All but one have been here since the begining. Most of us work at GTPRO.

Why are we here?.... why not? We are all in to the sport and want to better our skills and meet cool people doing so, yup.

What do we do well....work,school,practice drifting, hang out,the usual stuff ya know.

Kids come up to us to race then in super mountain driftng action.
Were like ehhhh.......NO!

TRUENOCOUPE
01-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Team is for WUSSIES.

Bbandit
01-16-2004, 03:54 PM
TGL = Team Gimpy Lite

consist of 3 people for now
240_keyy, fastpace, and bbandit

its just for fun and we named our team like that because our car lights are all gimpy

we do mainly autoX and drift for fun :) + we work on our cars together in 240_keyy's garage

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p1be2029a455475c5a4cf0681dcea0adb/fb6bba0f.jpg

website coming soon

DoriftoSlut
01-16-2004, 09:21 PM
PINK GODZIRA SUCKS!! SUCKA!

We too have girlies following us around! Well not anymore since i stopped paying them $10 a week.

Land HO! Says I that me Pirate name is Calico William Rackham, what says ye? Or have ye's names of the sea yet? Savvy?

nocomedown
01-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Team Drift CaRt
we drift shopping carts in supermarkets because we're afraid of smashing our cars up

thx247
01-16-2004, 10:14 PM
sounds like the male teams need a mixer with "drifting pretty "

:aw: :aw:

NZO
01-16-2004, 10:42 PM
There are so many possible humorous responses to that comment :D

nightwalker
01-18-2004, 03:24 AM
Team "SIDEWALK"!!! ...'cause I jumped off the edge of one and landed on the other side, and uhh my car seems to be attracted to them,... so yeah... SIDEWALK. The team right now is ME, MYSELF, and I! yeah, you should see our tandem drifts, it's super sick!!!

(don't steal my name, dam kids just leering in the background)

hondaguy
01-18-2004, 01:06 PM
teams i'd like to know about since i have seen their names here and there...:

team darrifftaa or somethin...

drift kings...

land ho...

akuma dori 831 or somethin...

ummmm yeah...lol..:)

akuma dori,dont hate noah hahahah theres about 7-8 240's and 1 86 :goyou:

S13SilviaGirl
01-18-2004, 10:42 PM
sounds like the male teams need a mixer with "drifting pretty "

:aw: :aw:
hahahaha

Aiight....

Drifting Pretty= Approx 20 girls strong over the US. There were 5 of us driving(and 7 there watching and helping out) at DD12 and while we are still learning and trying to get a hold on the drifting thing we are all pretty good friends that like to have fun! We started in Dec 2003 by Nadine & Yoshie. Uhmm well thats about it...hehe.

wherezmytofu
01-18-2004, 10:47 PM
what happens when ur drifting and run over one of the girls :bite:

Sniper-X
01-19-2004, 02:41 AM
Team/Club Name: Rear Out Garage.

Members: about 10, mostly here in hawaii but a few on the continental US.
Friends of Rear Out Garage: Nate aka Boro, Kenny/Denny C.

We just made the team for fun since we're all a bunch of friends w/ similar interests.....just like the Akina Speedstars!

elevator
01-19-2004, 02:47 AM
http://www.quickstyle.org/quickstyleBanner.jpg

adey
01-19-2004, 06:10 PM
I think I'm going to start a splinter group from PG named DF. Drifting Fugly (aka DP...B - Drifting Pretty... Badly)... I now extend official invitations to all Drifting Pretty members and PG members. Since we're all fugly and drift pretty... badly.

Is this considered post whoring? Sorry. :D

nokeone
01-19-2004, 06:15 PM
^^ damnit man!!..i'm trying to have a serious convo here regarding the true culture of drifting and the teams which embody that...you can't have a sport without teams...and you need to belong to something to feel good about yourself and what you do..drifting will die without this...don't you see that?!?!?...

01-19-2004, 06:31 PM
^^ damnit man!!..i'm trying to have a serious convo here regarding the true culture of drifting and the teams which embody that...you can't have a sport without teams...and you need to belong to something to feel good about yourself and what you do..drifting will die without this...don't you see that?!?!?...

Calm down its all good fun. You actually dont need to belong to anything to feel good about yourself. Drifting will not die without this. All the response's you got well thats how we are.

adey
01-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Har har har... I'm laughing both at nokeone's comment and the obvious misinterpretation by levi of nok's post. :D

Iss true though, what the wise panda man says. Where would drifting be today if there was no CHOYA, GOODLINE, River Side or RAILWORK? ... ahem... let me attempt to answer my own question... "We'd be at the same place!"

OK now I think I'm really post whorring. it's ok though, we're in OT, right? :)

nokeone
01-19-2004, 11:37 PM
hahaha...yup yup...post whoring is fun for the whole family...

yeah adey is right...sorry Levi for the confusion..i was just trying to have fun with my own thread...which was started as, and remains, a complete joke...:D..

i was really just hoping to get some Reps from the DRIFT KINGZZZ out here..see how their "safe" and "sanctioned" street drifting events were going....oh wells..:(..lol

method2833
01-20-2004, 01:07 AM
TEAM STUDENT DRIVERS represent straight outta jerzeeee yeaaa!!!!! :fawkd: mainly myself and a freind of mine right now he owns a 92 coupe and i own a 91 fastback our main focus is auto-x but since their is a local monthly drift exibihtion held by the coolest guys on earth DG.TRAILS were starting to take our small team to the drift scene to just to basically learn some extra car control!!!!

DRFT
01-20-2004, 02:11 AM
my friend had a idea of naming a team called
TEAM GAY GUYS but we all knew that this wouldnt work out

but we had another idea of painting all of our cars black, and calling ourselves TEAM BLACK GUYS but we all knew this also wouldn't work and could be brutal

01-20-2004, 02:24 AM
my friend had a idea of naming a team called
TEAM GAY GUYS but we all knew that this wouldnt work out

But if it did work your slogan could be "WE CANT EVEN DRIVE STRAIGHT"

HAHA.

Gzero
01-20-2004, 04:47 AM
Midnight Monkey is our club i guess you could say were are the know drifters in oregon you could say. Only 4 ppl 2 s13s, 1 180sx, 1 BMW old school

sykikchimp
01-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Your clubs are all so S00per l33t!! Ohh.. I long to be "part of something" LOL

This thread is too funny. I too was looking forward to hearing about the mad tyte skillzorz of teh :booming echoing voice: "Drift KINGZZZ!"

DRFT
01-20-2004, 08:12 AM

HAHA.

hahaha

dam i hate the new 10 character post...

aznpoopy
01-20-2004, 08:16 AM

HAHA.

:rofl:

u got me and my co worker cracking up in front of our respective bosses.

Steeles
01-20-2004, 09:32 AM
wait.... GodziRas drift?!!?!? why didnt someone tell me

*runs out to car to turn it sideways*

hehe

doriftokouki
01-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Infinite Motion, 2 guys from okinawa, 3 guys from san diego, s14, s13, 2 ae86, fn95

nokeone
01-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Infinate Motion, 2 guys from okinawa, 3 guys from san diego, s14, s13, 2 ae86, fn95

not to be a dick...but...Infinite?...dunno if you were intentionally spelling the word incorrectly...

doriftokouki
01-20-2004, 12:25 PM
not to be a dick...but...Infinite?...dunno if you were intentionally spelling the word incorrectly...

Thanks Nokeone, that was the first time I wrote out the name, it was my fault I just dont know how to spell. :-/

nokeone
01-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks Nokeone, that was the first time I wrote out the name, it was my fault I just dont know how to spell. :-/

haha...no worries...with this group of clowns you never can tell...

take those :ghey: pink reptiles.. they spell their name with a capitol R...:rolleyes:...the only way it could be better would be if it were backwards!!

Dousan_PG
01-20-2004, 01:10 PM
kniP aRizdoG

!TEEWS .aedi a si siht ,enoekon

ahahahaH

Steeles
01-20-2004, 01:16 PM
hsi ho

toh staht

adnap yllis

DoriftoSlut
01-21-2004, 03:37 AM
Knip ArizdOg!

Hahah. We could all wear our shit backwards like Kriss Kross!

Flybert
01-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Fuck kris kross and their lame ass clothes. Now if you really wanna talk about an artist that started a clothing revolution, look no farther than MC Hammer. Rocked that shit for real in 4th/5th grade.

TRUENOCOUPE
01-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Fuck kris kross and their lame ass clothes. Now if you really wanna talk about an artist that started a clothing revolution, look no farther than MC Hammer. Rocked that shit for real in 4th/5th grade.

Oh god... MC hammers clothing was the most retarded in Hip Hop evar.

kazuo
01-21-2004, 03:17 PM
so is escaflowne (estevan)

Estevan is PG? LIAR

:D

Dousan_PG
01-21-2004, 03:18 PM
huh?
E is the biggest poser of us all! hahahaha

Equinox
01-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Controlled Spin Racing

http://www.controlledspin.com

Steeles
01-21-2004, 04:37 PM
NO the most retarded clothing in hip hop was Kwame's freakin polkadots. and some of that Cross colors stuff was horrible too. and TLC's condom clothes... GOD was I glad when Left Eye took that yellow one off her face

:eek: :hitit: :naughtyd:

nokeone
01-21-2004, 04:58 PM
you guys remember HYPER COLOR??...changed color with body heat..lol..toooo classic!

Philip
01-21-2004, 08:51 PM
TMF OPPOSITION. :sadwavey:
Going to war in '04. Booyaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Site coming soon (not D-TOWN, that's different)... its going to be so rad. :squintd:
SOOOO rad your mother will []D [][] [][] []D herself.
:werd:

DoriftoSlut
01-22-2004, 12:34 AM
I []D [] []\/[] []D your mom, so there.

240mike
01-22-2004, 12:44 AM
i think if you are going to have a team you should have something to show off..(your skills) not just be in a team because you suck,, and think the more cars you have,, the cooler you are..i kinda like being the guy that people dont know who i came with..because when they see me drift they remember me and my car..not the team that im in..plus if you only have like 1 or 2 good drifters in the team it just makes the other people look stupider..

white 240
sr swap..skyline r34 diff..18"racing hearts..14psi of boost..

nokeone
01-22-2004, 01:35 AM
mmmmmm ok...

808Supra
01-22-2004, 07:11 PM
team whore...

Rear Out Garage since 2002 (the halo friends/drift session guys)
Battle Style SPL since 2000. (sugoi banana gumi!)
Velocity Racing since 1997 *Hawaii chapter since 2002* (eh, you know who they are)