PDA

View Full Version : snapped rotor around hub???????

Kali Slidn
02-19-2012, 10:52 PM
okay so the un thinkable happened while driving home last night. to start off i have never herd of a rotor breaking where this one broke.. it basically disconnected itself where it goes over the hub from the part that the brakes actually grab now my rotors may have been sticking due to the fact that i had just changed my brakes in the same day.. i was waiting it out to see if it would un stick itself while driving. long story short it didn't work... will post pictures tomorrow

my main question is why did this happen.. and why might my rotor be sticking..

all that was replaced were the brake pads. all four and this is happening to the left rear.. and the system was bleed.

Pinggg
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Had this happen to me too for being dumb..

Those two bolts/sliders that hold the caliper on, make sure their not frozen/stuck/seize.
my problem was i wasn't paying attention when i was putting the caliper back on and i tighten them down unevenly AND the slider were also froze/seize which cause it too have uneven pressure on the rotor surface when breaking.

I drove maybe down the street got on the brakes and i heard boom!
post a picture also so we can see too.

-Hope that all makes sense. lol

Edit found the picture of mine when it happen.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm72/pingisasian/Nissan%20240sx/298733_272181529476786_100000548224954_1072172_377 5936_n.jpg