PDA

View Full Version : ka24de hesitation help about to kill myself

s13whore
02-18-2012, 10:54 PM
ok so like the title says i just bought another ka cause my other one had bad bearings so I installed it and it drives fine but when I floor it, it hesitates to pick up speed but if I slowly put my foot on the gas it starts taking off I dont know what it could be, also when its idling if i tap the gas quick it seems as if the rpms go down then up. So far ive replaced my coolant temp sensor, my whole engine harness, my mafs I dont have any vacumm leaks or exhause leaks already checked my cat is hollowed out, replaced my o2 sensor, has new fuel filter, new spark plugs, new wires, all grounds are connected, the motor doesnt backfire or anything idles perfectly, idk if it could be the distributor or the back of my exhaust is clogged need help im tired and dont know what else it could be my fuel pump is good once floored it just sounds loud and doesnt wanna go anywhere it has headers with stock exhaust idk if that could affect it in anyway any help is gladly appreciated thanks. :wtc:

sushi310
02-19-2012, 05:21 AM
might be a clogged fuel injector or might need to replace the O-rings on the fuel injectors... i had the same problem and that seemed to fix it..

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Pro ViZIon
02-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Check codes on ecu. I say it has a bad knock sensor, code 34.

s13whore
02-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Check codes on ecu. I say it has a bad knock sensor, code 34.

would you be able to explain to me how to get the codes? please

bad dog
02-21-2012, 04:17 PM
i am no expert but if it were me i would also check the throttle positioning sensor thats on the throttle body , you would have to remove it and using a ohm meter, check that the resistance changes smoothly as you turn it.i think the resistance should change from about 560 ohms to about 4,900 ohms .

autozone can read most codes i think , but if you have no service engine light on it may not throw a code.

Pro ViZIon
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Knock sensor won't throw a CEL but it will show on ecu.

To check the codes your gonna have to locate your ecu. It is hidden behind the passenger side kick panel. There should be 3 10mm bolts holding it in. Unbolt it but leave it plugged in. Now turn the key to the start position but don't turn it on. On the ecu you will see a little red led light, above that is a screw. Turn the screw clockwise till the end and let it sit for 2 or more seconds. Then turn the screw back to the original position. The led light will begin to flash in a sequence. It'll light up in short intervals and then fast intervals. Count the slow ones and write how many times it lit first. Then count how many for the faster interval. You should get any numbers between 11 and 55. If you get a code 55 that means there are no drastic malfunctions and the system is ok.

Let us know how it turns out.

s13whore
02-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Knock sensor won't throw a CEL but it will show on ecu.

To check the codes your gonna have to locate your ecu. It is hidden behind the passenger side kick panel. There should be 3 10mm bolts holding it in. Unbolt it but leave it plugged in. Now turn the key to the start position but don't turn it on. On the ecu you will see a little red led light, above that is a screw. Turn the screw clockwise till the end and let it sit for 2 or more seconds. Then turn the screw back to the original position. The led light will begin to flash in a sequence. It'll light up in short intervals and then fast intervals. Count the slow ones and write how many times it lit first. Then count how many for the faster interval. You should get any numbers between 11 and 55. If you get a code 55 that means there are no drastic malfunctions and the system is ok.

Let us know how it turns out.
thanks havent been able to try it been working but is there anyway it could be the distributor? I notice that when the car is on and it lightly tap the gas the rpms seem to go down for some reason I mean the car will pick up speed if your not flooring it but as soon as you floor it you can hear the motor trying to pick up speed but something is holding it back. and can i still check the ecu codes if my check engine light isn't on?

240jake
02-23-2012, 11:43 AM
i see you replaced the mafs, was it with a new one? if not clean it with mafs spray.

ps: Please do not kill yourself.

s13whore
02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
i see you replaced the mafs, was it with a new one? if not clean it with mafs spray.

ps: Please do not kill yourself.

yea I bought another one and replaced it lol but still the same problem

Pro ViZIon
02-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Well when you check the codes you can find problems on many things.

s13whore
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Well when you check the codes you can find problems on many things.

yea but i heard you can't check the codes unless your car has the check engine on and my doesn't

Pro ViZIon
02-24-2012, 09:01 AM
You can check it whenever you feel like.