PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Tuning S13 hatch

DoobieS13
02-16-2012, 09:54 PM
I did search...nothing close to what I'm looking for...Google, Forza 4 comes up.
So...here's what I wanted to do...could guys put up here, pros or joes, their suspension, brakes, diff...everything suspension, tires, drivetrain and motor...post their setups and even toe, camber, caster, tire pressure...just like to get an idea of what everyone runs...

Thanks Zilvia,
Doobie

EnvyS13
02-19-2012, 12:12 PM
I 2nd this post suggestion

DoobieS13
02-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks, I know a LOT of guys on here are all about flush and whatever, yea...it looks COOL. But, I don't wanna see another one! lol there everywhere on here. I wanna see the performance side of things with these guys and learn for my car. Idk, maybe that's just weird??

Croustibat
02-22-2012, 03:04 AM
First things first; before even getting an alignment setting, get a nice chassis. Forget about tuning braces, get a cage. Forget about suspension arm bushes, install ball joints. Change every other bush for solid or PU ones.

Finally forget about cheap tyres, get sticky ones. These and seat time will give you more grip and handling than any alignment setting.

That being said, your alignment will be dependant on your springs, aero, ARBs, height, tyres and suspension arm angles. And of course personal preference and usage.

So no real point in giving a setup. There are far too many variables in there...

That being said, the usual starting point when the suspension setup is not messed up by binding bushes, car too low, roll center deep underground and so on is:

caster 7-8°
camber front -1 to -3
Total front toe out 2-5mm
camber rear -0.5 to -1.5
Total rear toe in 2-5mm

i am running 7°caster, -1 camber front and rear but will go -1.5 front soon as it is not enough with these tyres (maxxis maZ1) . With my previous tyres (lower profile, runflat ), -1 was already too much and i ate the inside of the tyres at an alarming rate, they would have required -0.5 maybe, or even less.
Also 5mm toe out front and 5mm toe in rear.

If you are looking for spring rates, damping rates, angles and so on, you will mostly get answers from people that dont know, as it is valuable info that is hard to get, and is usually what a racing shop sells.

vehicle336
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Nissan Road Racing Forums - Powered by vBulletin (http://Www.nissanroadracing.com).

BOROSUN
02-22-2012, 09:14 PM
MotoIQ - Forums (http://www.motoiq.com/forum.aspx)

best place to learn and ask.

DoobieS13
02-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Yea I've read A LOT on Moto IQ very cool stuff...and I'll take a look at the other link you posted vehicle336

mr.man.performance
02-28-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm running -2.5 camber in the front, 1/8" toe out. 6 degree caster and 1" scrub radius. -1.5" rear camber, 1/8" toe in. 225/45/17 front, 245/45/17 rear. PBM coilovers, 3" frame-ground front, 3.5" frame-ground rear. Progress sway bars: full hard rear, middle front. Dampening 3/10 front, 7/10 rear.

mr.man.performance
02-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Constantly changing and by no means perfect but I like where I'm at right now...for now

cmg
02-28-2012, 07:50 PM
What are you tuning the suspension for? Maybe I missed that..

purplove
02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I just put all poly bushings on my hatch and it changed the ride quite a bit. I would start there.

DoobieS13
04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
mr.man.performance: Thanks, will have to start trying these setups once i get coils and parts....but def looking for tune's now so I can get the gist of most of your guys choices
cmg: drift
purplove: I've driven my buddy's S14 after he swapped poly urethane bushings in everywhere and it's AMAZING.