PDA

View Full Version : good weekend jobs? Who has been a bellhop/valet etc?

rancid240
01-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Looking for something in LA area. Did you enjoy bellhop/valet work?

BTW a good site for jobs is http://jobs.hospitalityonline.com

disneyland work BLOWS

nokeone
01-14-2004, 11:26 PM
valet is decent..boring though..and can lose your job if someone says you scratched their car...whether you did or not...:rolleyes:

bellhop would be fun...get to meet lots of people...flirt with girls...get invited back to their rooms for "extra" tips..;)...fuck around in the halls...work with some characters i bet...

rancid240
01-14-2004, 11:56 PM
they are hiring for bellhops in santa cruz actually.

nokeone
01-15-2004, 01:16 AM
where at??..too random.

DRFT
01-15-2004, 01:23 AM
gigaloo

Kaede
01-15-2004, 01:13 PM
I currently work as a valet. It's an okay job. You sometimes get to drive some fairly nice cars, like S4, M3, GT2, etc. But most of the time, you'll probably park daily beaters like civics and stuff.

Yeah, sometimes you do get an attitude from the owners. And a lot of stingey bastards too (no tip!).

fastpace
01-15-2004, 02:08 PM
valet is okay. It is great in the beginning, but after awhile it gets really boring. A plus is that it is easy money. Some of the other drivers were dicks because they wouldn't drive regular cars, just the nice sporty ones and would just wait for them.

rancid240
01-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by nokeone
where at??..too random.

yah it is pretty random. its at http://jobs.hospitalityonline.com/53100/

for a bell person or valet at Benchmark Hospitality at Chaminade
Santa Cruz, CA...lucky you I guess. Havent found anything around here yet.

RoNiN240sx
01-15-2004, 05:47 PM
should try and valet at a hotel like ritz carlton, nothing but 60k+ cars to park, had a cousin that used to work there, drove ferrari's, porches, everything.

and on the note that disneyland work blows
really? they have alotta job openings now and i
was thinking about it, but not if it's a sucky job.

rancid240
01-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by RoNiN240sx

and on the note that disneyland work blows
really? they have alotta job openings now and i
was thinking about it, but not if it's a sucky job.

Its off season now, Im surprised they are hiring actually. As far as it sucking, that is mostly because of my department which was outdoor vending. Basically that department sucked since I was surrounded with high school seniors...also with the union stipulations, they could force you to work longer than scheduled (I once worked a 12 hour shift) and the work basically sucked. I had to sell crap on those little carts, and working until 1am on a Sunday and having school the next morning just didnt work for me. I dont want to give disney a bad wrap, just try to get a good department. Smile alot during the interview and just act like you love to help people. Also when you show up and apply if they are interested they will interview you right after, so dress nicely.

JasonNagra
01-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Try being a bus boy. You can only work on weekends if you want since thats when most restaurants are busiest. Also all your tips are under the table which is great! End up making like 12-20 a nite including your hourly wage!

Kaede
01-16-2004, 07:08 PM
How about delivery? You can deliver pizzas. Better than a busboy. The tips are pretty good. Especially the night/weekend shift.