PDA

View Full Version : Need your feedback on a hobby project!

Dadecounty
02-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Hi Guys,

I am currently developing a Facebook app that will allow users to build and share personal car history on FB. Users will be able to build their car history timelines (cars they own, used to own – like many of us do in forum message signatures), share their car experiences, stories and memories with friends and other users (e. g. how they purchased, landed on a certain model etc.), upload pictures/videos, search and comment on other members’ cars. I have had this idea for a while and finally decided to build it as a hobby project.

The main question I have right now - what do you guys think about such an app? Would you, car enthusiasts, personally use it?

How likely is it that you will share publicly within the application the cars you own, have owned with you friends and other app users (like your career path on LinkedIn, for instance)?

You feedback is highly appreciated and would help me to shape the idea better.

Thanks in advance! I would really appreciate your input!

KiLLeR2001
02-14-2012, 04:39 AM
You signed up to post this? No thanks.

LoneStarSilvia
02-14-2012, 04:41 AM
This app you speak of, you just posted on it.

Dadecounty
02-14-2012, 04:51 AM
You signed up to post this? No thanks.

I don't know of any other way to get any feedback from real car enthusiasts. I had to.

Thanks for your opinion!

nomoremk2
02-14-2012, 05:14 AM
There are no car enthusiasts on zilvia. Just people asking what to look for when buying a 240sx and other "google it" questions.

fliprayzin240sx
02-14-2012, 08:54 AM
So basically, you want to make an app off the same idea that cardomain came about with? I've had a cardomain page forever and barely touch the damn thing. Last thing on my mind is to update anything when my car isnt running...

xoxide
02-14-2012, 10:40 AM
You'd probably get better feedback on Honda forums. Ricers love to boast about their awesome cars on social networking sites.

fyneyoungstunna
02-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Wow, what a bunch of off topic assholes.
Most of you don't even have the credentials to have legitimate responses to the guys question. Yet alone badger him about his reasons for signing up.
He asked a straight forward question, and a bunch of you dicks had no real replies so you homosexual up the thread with junk. STOP doing that.

@ O.P. : I think its a toss-up as to who would and wouldn't use it. While yes car domain was kinda what you are talking about. Its outdated and there are very few "true" enthusiasts on there in the masses of people who got caught up in the fast and furious bits (see what I did there?)
However, I think a lot of people on the big social networks would use it kind of like a who's who. and it could potentially be a way for people looking for updates on previous cars they have sold, to re-connect.
P.s. OP you'd probably get better answers on a more mature site......
just my 2 cents.

KiLLeR2001
02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
^ look at this guy trying to e-knight :rofl:

xoxide
02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
always gotta have atleast one keyboard commando....

fyneyoungstunna
02-14-2012, 08:27 PM
put my e-penis in your mouth till the swelling goes down?

iamthewinner
02-14-2012, 08:49 PM
just my 2 cents.

that wassnt even worth shit foo. where is this mature site

ZX88
02-14-2012, 08:54 PM
to be honnest sounds like a car forum.

LoneStarSilvia
02-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Children, the word of the day is irony.

Just like my original post and what ZX88 said, it sounds like your trying to make a more mobile friendly forum app, but even now I'm looking at this site on iPhone, so its almost like trying to streamline the wheel. People here who care enough have their own build threads and update them regularly.

In the end, do what you want, it may turn out for the better.

fyneyoungstunna
02-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Foo? perhaps auto-correct got you and you meant PHO?

Quail
02-15-2012, 01:43 AM
This thread is embarrassing for Zilvia.

HyperTek
02-15-2012, 01:56 AM
make it like Car town so people can make their own car lol

Heytheremr2
02-15-2012, 02:01 AM
I know how you'll get users! Everyone that signs up gets a free jolly rancher :)

I love jolly ranchers. Id sign up (:

LoneStarSilvia
02-15-2012, 02:17 AM
make it like Car town so people can make their own car lol

A Car Town like app would actually be pretty awesome, include maybe some drag racing or something.

xoxide
02-15-2012, 06:02 AM
A Car Town like app would actually be pretty awesome, include maybe some drag racing or something.
Oh my God...:picardfp:

iamthewinner
02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
fyi i depise pho, FOO

WagDatto
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Neat feature, albeit maybe a little bit sketch depending on how people decided to use it, would be to have a function that allows users to enter their vin under their past vehicles, and see if another user currently owns it.

Anyway, might work, might not.

LoneStarSilvia
02-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Oh my God...:picardfp:

Wow, what a mouthful. Thank god you took your time to explain your reaction.

Dadecounty
02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks for your feedback, guys! Is anyone else willing to share their thoughts?

BTW, I used to own a Silvia back in 2006 - S14 Kouki with SR20DET, loved it!

Dadecounty
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I think its a toss-up as to who would and wouldn't use it. While yes car domain was kinda what you are talking about. Its outdated and there are very few "true" enthusiasts on there in the masses of people who got caught up in the fast and furious bits (see what I did there?)
However, I think a lot of people on the big social networks would use it kind of like a who's who. and it could potentially be a way for people looking for updates on previous cars they have sold, to re-connect.
just my 2 cents.

The idea is to focus not on mods (like cardomain does) but more on a personal car history list: how many cars you actually owned, what car you are coming from, why etc. etc. Like a social user-generated car experience app.

As far as I see, one of the risks is not so many people actually want to share their cars openly online (on FB in our case).

What do you think?

BOROSUN
02-17-2012, 12:35 AM
beside personal history. it would be great to have hover links to actual history of the car, motorsport history,performance/community sources (pbm/spl/zilvia) and fun facts of the model car.

so, the app becomes a source of info aswell.

also add like your own personal stats for your car like...
Power, Cornering, driveability, reliability,looks, Tuning/Parts,braking,accel, Weight.
http://img83.exs.cx/img83/5999/bun2.jpg

Danb
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Prolly wouldnt use an app like that but i might lurk on it and check out stuff.

One thing to note, Dont get your feelings all butthurt by the negativity your getting here because when inventing something, there will always be people who talk down about what your doing. personally, id be going to honda tech, miata forums and dsm forums with something like this. The 240 crowd is like your typical hardcore vietnam veteran that basically takes your soul and buttfucks it for being different.