PDA

View Full Version : any mil stationed in europe?

Kojo
02-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Im currently in Okinawa and I have almost everything in europe on my dream sheet for my next assignment..

Im kinda curious about importing/exporting cars out of Europe if I do land a base there..

do they have specific US spec european cars that can be shipped back to the states?
or are european cars same as US and can be brought back without much hassle? like for example,if there's an Euro spec evo V or VI that also meets US standards and can be brought back

It seems the only truly legit way to get a car out of Japan w orders is under the 25 year rule,just looking to get more info on European laws/standards when it comes to this..

ralphandthequeen
02-13-2012, 06:35 AM
check the list of cars you can send home.. i know theres one for Japanese imports. dont know what its called.. haha but yeah. hope it helps

IN33DH3LP
02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I was stationed at Yokota and am now stationed at Lakenheath. There are no laws or problems limiting what you bring to the UK (at least that's what TMO explained to me, I brought a '97 Civic type R) as long as it passes MOT (a very lame version of JCI). Here is a link to the vehicles that can be imported to the US Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements (http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/) . Hope that helps

ralphandthequeen
02-13-2012, 11:46 AM
HAZZAA!!! thats the thing i was talking about

Big Daddy 18det
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm station in Pisa, Italy :).... And as far as shipping a car out of japan you can as long as you are shipping it to a european country... But as far as shipping one to the "STATES " like my man said :keke: good luck with that It's not going to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im currently in Okinawa and I have almost everything in europe on my dream sheet for my next assignment..

Im kinda curious about importing/exporting cars out of Europe if I do land a base there..

do they have specific US spec european cars that can be shipped back to the states?
or are european cars same as US and can be brought back without much hassle? like for example,if there's an Euro spec evo V or VI that also meets US standards and can be brought back

It seems the only truly legit way to get a car out of Japan w orders is under the 25 year rule,just looking to get more info on European laws/standards when it comes to this..

TOMKAIRA93
02-28-2012, 04:53 AM
cars in europe are like cars here in Japan, just don't meet the US DOT requirements, so it's hard to import them. The only easy way is to get a car 25 years or older. I was in Europe and now in Oki...

dawnattack
02-29-2012, 01:54 AM
I was stationed at Yokota and am now stationed at Lakenheath. There are no laws or problems limiting what you bring to the UK (at least that's what TMO explained to me, I brought a '97 Civic type R) as long as it passes MOT (a very lame version of JCI). Here is a link to the vehicles that can be imported to the US Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements (http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/) . Hope that helps

thanks for the info...

Kojo
03-30-2012, 02:25 AM
Another question,especially for the guys that have been to both europe and japan...what are the average prices around in europe for the popular cars like gtrs,evos,s15s and so on,is it worthwhile to purchase in japan and tmo it there or better to wait?

Vandal21
03-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Please delete post.

IN33DH3LP
03-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Another question,especially for the guys that have been to both europe and japan...what are the average prices around in europe for the popular cars like gtrs,evos,s15s and so on,is it worthwhile to purchase in japan and tmo it there or better to wait?

Get it in Japan and bring it to Europe! I can only speak from my experience in the UK, but cars are way expensive here. An example is my Civic Type R (EK9). I paid $4500 in Japan for it. Over here I would pay close to $8000. Same goes for pretty much every car you listed. I was going to get a S15 but they were running around $8000 and that was out of my budget. When I got to the UK they were close to $13000.

Here is a great website to find some deals and compare prices PistonHeads.com :: Speed Matters (http://www.pistonheads.com/) that should help you out immensely.

drifterdave
03-31-2012, 10:45 AM
hey im here in germany now, and ive have been looking around for a another car, such as 200sx, r32 gtst, and such, i sold my rps13 before i joined the army, and now im in germany. theres a guy here that sells skylines, evo and a couple of others check out www.bookoo.com (http://www.bookoo.com/) and check around the germany side for some cars im n wiesbaden right now. hope this helps.

mikegtr
06-16-2012, 11:21 AM
if you do go to japan buy it there. they are way more expensive in germany.

also check out AutoScout24 Europas Automarkt für Gebrauchtwagen und Neuwagen (http://www.autoscout24.de/)

mattack69
06-20-2012, 05:19 AM
Im at spang, shit is fucking stupid expensive here, shit hurts my feelings... send me a navan front bumper for an s14 ;)