PDA

View Full Version : received deposit how long to wait on full payment?

Flicktitty
02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
So i've had my Precision 6265 turbo for sale for a while now, I got a PM on another forum i go to, Guy asks for my paypal, and we agree on $775 shipped. 2 days later i get a notice that i got $100 in paypal, in the notes section it says $100 deposit will pay in full on Thursday (feb 9th). He said that was the date his tax return direct deposit was going to come in. I get a text last night saying no refund check. Get a message this morning, still nothing. I do a google search showing the dates the checks come via direct deposit the next one comes next Wednesday, Should i wait till then to see? He never said 1 thing about doing a deposit, i have since had 4 or 5 messages asking about people buying it and im just getting pissed that im waiting on some guy.

thoughts?

nomoremk2
02-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Send that bs deposit back and sell it to someone whos got the money ready. If he's not a friend there's no reason to lose out on sales waiting around.

badbob2121
02-10-2012, 10:18 AM
If you did not agree to a deposit, you dont have to hold to it.

If you have have other buyers that are willing to pay in full, take their payment and refund the $100.

I dont understand why he would assume you would accept the deposit.

sidewaysil80
02-10-2012, 10:22 AM
give him a set dead line, i.e. 1 week from now. if the rest of the money doesn't come in on time sell it. a deposit doesn't entitle someone to take as long as they want to come up with the rest of the money. in fact, awhile back on a lexus forum i put a deposit down on a 5 speed swap. shortly after i realized i didn't want it. i told the guy to keep the money. who knows how many sales he passed up and since i flaked he was entitled to keep the deposit. just the way it works.

Nicelyphe
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Agree'd but I wouldnt wait. With the IRS these days he could be waiting for a week or two after his estimated date for the money..

Phlip
02-10-2012, 10:37 AM
If you never agreed to a deposit situation where you would be paid in full later, you don't HAVE to hold it for him, especially if someone else has payment in full ready to go. Refund the deposit and make your sale.

DS562
02-10-2012, 12:49 PM
who does that? reply "thanks for the free money, bitch" and wait for his reply and then refund it. thatll learn em.

niscur29
02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Send that shit back...People and their tax returns are fucking annoying.

"Hey man, I want X part at your price, but I need to wait on my tax return"

few days later...

"Hey man, my tax return was less than expected, will you take $$$?"..

Fuck you and your tax return...Send that ish BACK!!!!

HyperTek
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I would hate that, refund it dude, that is very unprofessional for someone to do that.

!Zar!
02-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Refund him, and sell it to somebody else.

I LUV MY S13
02-10-2012, 11:03 PM
If it were a less expensive item, fuck it I may wait. But $700-$800 is a lot of money to miss out on. So just go by what you think is best for you..

fliprayzin240sx
02-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Tell him he got until so and so date to pay it off. If he doesnt, thanks for the $100 holding fee since you guys didnt talk about it. IRS are a week late on taxes this year. I didnt get mine till a week after I was supposed to.

And fuck him for doing backhanded shit like this...

tricky_ab
02-11-2012, 09:08 AM
If you never agreed to a deposit situation where you would be paid in full later, you don't HAVE to hold it for him, especially if someone else has payment in full ready to go. Refund the deposit and make your sale.

Quoted for truth...You had an original agreement. He did not come through on his end.

SLiDe_WaYz
02-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Agreed, a deposit is fine if you agreed in it beforehand. Other than that no send it bak. And if it's been like a month or something along those lines then keep the deposit as a holders fee.

I put in a deposit sr longblock, waited 2 weeks and realized I didn't want it anymore and told the guy sorry for wasting your time, keep the deposit for passing up other buyers.

That's how it should go IMO.

yokotas13
02-11-2012, 10:28 AM
i do it after 5 days, if not paid in full, i keep it.
if he sent it as a gift, even better

brndck
02-11-2012, 10:33 AM
if someone else is ready and waiting with $$$ in hand, sell that shit and then refund the deposit.

TheWolf
02-11-2012, 06:37 PM
never do deposits via paypal.

The rule is 7 days and a tracking number or it doesn't matter if you have a letter from god himself saying it was delivered on time as agreed. he can dispute it and get his money back.

Corbic
02-11-2012, 08:44 PM
never do deposits via paypal.

The rule is 7 days and a tracking number or it doesn't matter if you have a letter from god himself saying it was delivered on time as agreed. he can dispute it and get his money back.

This - Fuck Paypal. eBay basically man dates that bullshit anymore. There needs to be a "transaction" calculator in check out that rolls into the auction price eBay and Paypal fees for the buyer. Them fucks pretty much get 10% of your auction make a lot of shit not worth selling on eBay.

The only protection I've found with paypal is filing credit-card disputes via Visa/Mastercard and that is standard no matter what checkout system you use.