PDA

View Full Version : salvage title + basic insurance 4 FC?

aznpoopy
01-13-2004, 05:29 PM
sup every1... got another insurance-related question? i heard from a friend that insurance rates for a salvage-title car would be higher then insurance for the same car with a clean title. any truth to this?

reason i'm asking is b/c its been my gf's dream to own a fd3s rx7... well that's beyond her skill or resources so i told her to try getting on rx7club.com... and asking around... she's learned alot and wants to see if she can keep a FC up and running. we've been looking at alot of old FC's (none of which are in decent condition btw)... but we saw one that was a theft recovery but has a strong engine. but a friend said basic liability insurance on a salvage title would screw her over.

thanks!

DSC
01-13-2004, 08:07 PM
I don't see why it would be any higher. Not saying it isn't, but it woulnd't make any sense unless it was your car when it was stolen and you made a claim, go the car back totalled by insurance or something and bought it back from them...then tried to get it insured through them. But even then, I couldn't understand why liability would be any higher.

nokeone
01-14-2004, 02:31 AM
basic insurance (liability) is universal, regardless of what car you drive..you are not insuring your own car...you are insuring the other cars you will potentially get in an accident with...

it should be no different cost wise...