PDA

View Full Version : another fix my horn thread.

soryu
02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
checked the fuses they're ok.
checked the horns they work.
checked the relay looks ok.(how do i test it)
checked steering wheel looks ok.
what else can i check next or what would be the next step?:hyper:
and cruise control doesn't work either.does a base 240 come with cruisecontrol? also noticed that the back of the steering wheel someone wrote 89 nissan 240 so i'm thinking the steering wheel was swapped.
car is a 92.

DriftMasterDre
02-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Do you have your car lowered. My left side tire shredded through a couple of wires in the harness that runs along the fender and I lost horn function, rad fan, and headlights (both high and low) on the way home one night. Wasn't fun, had to stay up till 4 in the morning reconnecting wires to be ready to leave for class around 9. Basically I pulled the harness up close to being on top of the frame to avoid touching the tire. I drive a S14 base model, no cruise, so I cant help you there. But the harness layout is pretty close to being similar I believe. Either way go pick up a multimeter and test for continuity and voltage. You can hunt down whether or not you have a break in your wiring.
-Good Luck

soryu
02-11-2012, 01:27 PM
so what i did was run a wire(red) from the relay fuse(green white wire) to the driver side hooked it up to a button that grounds it when pressed horns now working.
i was looking at the steering wheel and saw that these two points(green) aren't making contact.
iguess that's why my horn doesn't work.
steering wheel is from an 89. looks like i need a new steering wheel.no cruise on base.

BTW car isn't dropped.at least not yet:ughd: