PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Software for S13(ka24de)?

dkim1985
02-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey guys.

I'm looking for a diagnostic software to use on my winxp laptop with my s13. ('91 240sx HB KA24DE)

I've done a search on it but i just come across a bunch of old sites and not sure what's current and/or what people are using at the moment.

Any links you guys suggest?
and what are some setups do you guys have?

really appreciate the help~

4x4le
02-06-2012, 03:43 AM
consult cord and datascan is nice for trouble shooting

dkim1985
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
nice. i'll take a look into it.

anyone else?

dkim1985
02-21-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm looking for the software to work on a mac but all the links people have posted..isn't showing up anymore. know where I get find the software?

4x4le
02-21-2012, 04:50 AM
Dont mess with silly overpriced apple products that have so many compatibility issues.

You could run datascan in wine, however the drivers might then be an issue.

dkim1985
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
i got the PLMS consult cable with the Nissan DataScan.
I have it running on my Macbook Pro with a Virtual Windows XP setup.
runs great..looks great..LOVE the ability to see why my check engine light is on~

...just wish i understood what half of those gauges meant in the Data Display. LOL
:picardfp:

redline racer510
03-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Did you buy yours from ebay? Saw a couple on ebay and wondered what members thought about those units?

4x4le
03-07-2012, 04:39 PM
i got the PLMS consult cable with the Nissan DataScan.
I have it running on my Macbook Pro with a Virtual Windows XP setup.
runs great..looks great..LOVE the ability to see why my check engine light is on~

...just wish i understood what half of those gauges meant in the Data Display. LOL
:picardfp:

what gauges do you not understand, almost all of them are critical in being able to trouble shoot problems on your own if its not actually throwing a code

dkim1985
03-09-2012, 12:51 AM
what gauges do you not understand, almost all of them are critical in being able to trouble shoot problems on your own if its not actually throwing a code
it occasionally will throw a code. 32 and 24.
EGR and knock sensor.
EGR just might need cleaning..but the knock sensor is less than a yr old.

Knowing that, what gauges should I be looking out for?

dkim1985
03-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Did you buy yours from ebay? Saw a couple on ebay and wondered what members thought about those units?
i bought the cable and software directly from PLMS.

4x4le
03-09-2012, 03:53 AM
it occasionally will throw a code. 32 and 24.
EGR and knock sensor.
EGR just might need cleaning..but the knock sensor is less than a yr old.

Knowing that, what gauges should I be looking out for?

check the tq on your knock sensor. Also anything loose banging into the engine can fake it out.

As far as the gauges, I watch and log all of them if there is ever a problem with the car. If anything jumps or does something stupid I check its sensor and wiring.

dkim1985
03-11-2012, 09:38 PM
check the tq on your knock sensor. Also anything loose banging into the engine can fake it out.

As far as the gauges, I watch and log all of them if there is ever a problem with the car. If anything jumps or does something stupid I check its sensor and wiring.
I noticed the 02 gauge goes crazy sometimes..but im pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with the knock sensor...BUT..
just the other day, I got an error code 45 and it said leaky injector. which i thought was interesting because i replaced the whole set of injectors less than a yr ago.
is it possible this is throwing the knock sensor?

and the EGR should just be cleaned, right?

4x4le
03-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Is this a california ecu?

dkim1985
03-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Is this a california ecu?

I believe so, yes.
The guy I bought this car from last year was living in the same area as me.