PDA

View Full Version : just wondering, AE86, i rrally like em do most 240 owners like them too

s13dan
01-11-2004, 09:22 PM
i luve my s13, but also really like ae86, i dorve my freinds and really liked it, i would rother have my s13 but just windering if its a common thing or if im a minority? so who likes ae86s?

S14DriftR
01-11-2004, 09:24 PM
I like them, i think I would rather have a clean 86 than my S13, but wish I still had my S14 more.

[r.P]S13|IDEAL
01-11-2004, 09:27 PM
My brother has a 86 Corolla, but it's a coupe. He's just gonna use it as a beater to practice in.

D Ruck
01-11-2004, 09:57 PM
I think they're ugly compared to the 240.

Chernobyl
01-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Underpowered, overrated (sound familiar?) box on wheels....

... but fun as hell to drive.

-E-
01-11-2004, 10:13 PM
I actually like the coupe more, my boy had one it was fun to drive :)
http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/22/fc/f1_1.JPG

240Driver39
01-11-2004, 10:37 PM
no, not really at all

Rennen
01-12-2004, 12:48 AM
I got the opportunity to drive one during the fun runs at my last rallycross. It was stock, so I can compare its attributes in dirt to my stock 240. The E in my 240 definitely had more power, especially in the low end, but the AE86 was a lot smother and seemed more happy to rev. As for handling, the stock 86 had more body roll, and the much shorter wheel base became apparent. Compared to the 240 I am used to, the AE86's tail felt a lot more twitchy, and lift throttle oversteer caught me by surprise on the dirt a couple times. I will have to trade him cars at an autocross next season and see how they compare on pavement, but he seemed happier after driving my car than I did after driving his.

Here is his car at the rallycross. He calls it "Squinty"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p3576898e117041e9a04c7d5212c92e5d/f9f9e13d.jpg

-Matt

nokeone
01-12-2004, 01:01 AM
i dig um...wouldn't want one but i do like them..:)..mmmm 20valve 4AG..

Phlip
01-12-2004, 07:15 AM
I used to have one, a real beater 86 SR-5, got it for like 300 bucks and sold it for 4 times that a few months after I got my 240... Mine was bone stock and had enough stereo shit for a car 4 times it's size, so comparisons in performance wouldn't stand on what I have owned... I have, however, driven one with a little basic suspension work and a basically stock engine (like my 240 was before I flipped it) and I have driven one with a slightly modified engine and more suspension work. In comparison, I liked MY 240 better, but I have also driven Steeles' car a few times on the street and autocross. Long story short; the stock carolla, SR-5 or GT-S are underpowered in my opinion and a stock KA with just intake and exhaust can expose that. Throw in a little suspension, like some AGXs and springs (my car) and the body roll previously mentioned on the AE becomes more obvious. Now drive a SR'd 240 with coilovers and LSD (Steeles)and put your foot in it good and that AE86 becomes a TERRIBLY underpowered pig. I almost bought another one with the intentions of modifying, but I have since decided that the money will be best applied to the replacement and further modifying of the next 240 I get, should be in the next couple weeks here with all the overtime I am working and a decently sized bonus check headed my way next month...

is300drifter
01-12-2004, 07:31 AM
ok here goes...from a drift standpoint..my opinion since i have owned both.

ae86 coupe- bought the car from a friend since i wanted something other than the is300 to slide. put a new motor in it and sidedraft carbs (fattest sound in the world on WOT!!!). all kinds of suspension stuff (ie. swaybars, strutbars, coilovers, links..ect.). Drifting that car was fun but was difficult to keep the slide going without using highspeeds....requierd more skill to keep the drift. at the same time it was pretty predicatable.

s13- got this car a backup driver when the timing chain tensioner decided to crap out on the SOHC KA. So out that came and in went the SR. I know have about the same setup as the ae86 suspension wise....but the car just isnt the same. Remembering how to drive..no wait slide a turbo car was interesting. But to me its seems more like a powermonster blasting through the course.

ae86>bird gliding through the sky
s13>brick flying through the air

all in all...i wish i could have the handling characteristics of the ae86 and the power of the 240. i guess if i could do it again i woulda supercharged the ae86 and been fine.

also, parts are another concern....true the sr5's have a lot in common...but the axle shafts are bcoming like gold and they are older than the s13's too.

aznpoopy
01-12-2004, 10:09 AM
i like the ae86 cuz of initial D and i'm not afraid to say it! otherwise i've never owned, sat in, or driven one (unless you count GT3 lol) and i wouldn't want to own one. maintaining a 20 year old car like that must be a nightmare.

hookedup240
01-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by D Ruck
I think they're ugly compared to the 240.

agreed

Ricer240sx
01-12-2004, 10:59 AM
yeah i like the AE but i dont no if id ever get one! there are other cars that i would rather have, like my 240sx, or an FC :D

Baka Sama
01-12-2004, 11:31 AM
I've seen a few 86's here an there. I personally think they're awsome! But thats just my style I guess. I would love to have a nice clean gunmetal hatchback with a plastic bubble shift nob lol. The problem is finding a clean and or decent model. Plus the fact that im a neat freak doesnt help. I'd probably spend weeks on end washing out 18 year old dust bunnies from under the seats.. Plus spending all that $$ getting the car back to stock condition would be a pain in the arse!

TRUENOCOUPE
01-12-2004, 12:08 PM
AE86 are POS.
240SX are POS.

Get over it.

Baka Sama
01-12-2004, 12:19 PM
heh ............ yes.........yes......almost........alittle more....... wait for it.........wait for it........ok!!! Im over it! :squint:

nokeone
01-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE
AE86 are POS.
240SX are POS.

Get over it.

:werd:

aznpoopy
01-12-2004, 01:03 PM
haterz! that shit is funny coming from someone with trueno as their name and a s13 coupe in their avatar. ^.^ baka sama is that boa in your avatar? shes kyoootteeee.

btw squinty is the funniest name for a car i've ever heard. and its fitting.

nokeone
01-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by aznpoopy
haterz! that shit is funny coming from someone with trueno as their name and a s13 coupe in their avatar. ^.^

haha...hey, i love my POS s13 (well before it was wrecked)...:D...and i know he adores his truenocoupe...

but by performance standards they really are POS's in stock form...there is no denying it..

:bow:

Baka Sama
01-12-2004, 01:16 PM
<-------You mean hikki?? Yeah shes such a big cuttie, with a great voice!! To bad shes married to an old pervert!:rant2: But we wont get into that right now..... Yeah I know he was jokin'... so was I... Its all in good fun here at zilvia lol

TRUENOCOUPE
01-12-2004, 01:45 PM
haterz! that shit is funny coming from someone with trueno as their name and a s13 coupe in their avatar. ^.^ baka sama is that boa in your avatar? shes kyoootteeee.

btw squinty is the funniest name for a car i've ever heard. and its fitting.

How funny of you really don't know shiet about cars. How about your stick the comment up your ass. It would be very pleasurable.

Dickhead.

aznpoopy
01-12-2004, 02:40 PM
trueno, relax man i was just joking... :p whether a car is a junker is all relative... performance wise all street cars are piles of shit compared to a f1 car. when i was visiting china hella rich ppl were driving around in maximas like it was a BMW. the majority of ppl had bicycles :X bottom line, like ur car; fukk every1 else.

noke sorry your car was wrecked :T .... doesn't matter what car it is; if you love a car and it gets wrecked its a sad thing. i miss my '93 camry 5spd T_T

omg i can't believe thats utada hikaru (hikki = utada usually...) i thought it was boa or lee hyo ri... they did a great job with the makeup!!! :eek: i still remember her first video... very bland looking... then they did that wait and see song and it was like hullly crap shes kyooote.

ok time to go home. ^.^

nokeone
01-12-2004, 02:59 PM

noke sorry your car was wrecked :T .... doesn't matter what car it is; if you love a car and it gets wrecked its a sad thing. i miss my '93 camry 5spd T_T

werd..which is why i am gettin another POS s13 coupe..just as soon as the insurance pays me...swap in all the parts i have and it will no longer be a sloppy POS..:D

and yeah..it's ALL relative...

TRUENOCOUPE
01-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Both of you are hella GAY.

nokeone
01-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Both of you are hella GAY.

^^^ this guy, he LOVES the cock!

ciGARRETTsRbad4u
01-12-2004, 10:05 PM
i always wanted a corolla but i ended up with a 240, so now i love them both.... still wishing about that corolla thought....

xLSTONEx
01-12-2004, 10:22 PM
I like them, but they are way over-rated. My friend has one with a Jap engine and all that junk and it breaks down every day. They are not worth it, and no one that doesn't know anything about really cars (AKA all Honda drivers) would have no idea what it is.

TRUENOCOUPE
01-13-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by xLSTONEx
I like them, but they are way over-rated. My friend has one with a Jap engine and all that junk and it breaks down every day. They are not worth it, and no one that doesn't know anything about really cars (AKA all Honda drivers) would have no idea what it is. No Moron.

Cars are cars. There all same when it comes to fixing things.

Your friend must be really stupid to have his car breaking down everyday. Tell you friend to burn the car down.

Ricer240sx
01-13-2004, 09:53 AM
No Moron.

Cars are cars. There all same when it comes to fixing things.

Your friend must be really stupid to have his car breaking down everyday. Tell you friend to burn the car down.

i also specialize in the burning down of cars!!

i asure u all i am certified to blow up, burn, and melt any motorized vehical, and for u my fellow board members i will do it free of charge :D :cool: :drool:

o and my asosiates are certified to trash, beat, and crash andy vehical in anyway!!!!!! ;):D

exitspeed
01-13-2004, 10:04 AM
whats a AE86?

;)

Baka Sama
01-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by exitspeed
whats a AE86?

;)

Sex on wheels :boink:

Johny5
01-13-2004, 11:14 AM
AE86 are POS.
240SX are POS.

Get over it.

truthfully, i happen to like my 240sx. and i've never honestly considered it a pos. your car might be a pos, good for you.

TRUENOCOUPE
01-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Ricer240sx
i also specialize in the burning down of cars!!

i asure u all i am certified to blow up, burn, and melt any motorized vehical, and for u my fellow board members i will do it free of charge :D :cool: :drool:

o and my asosiates are certified to trash, beat, and crash andy vehical in anyway!!!!!! ;):D

What did you just say? Come again? Say what? Huh? Si? Que? No mi understand?!?!

Originally posted by Johny5
truthfully, i happen to like my 240sx. and i've never honestly considered it a pos. your car might be a pos, good for you.

Truthfully, Wether you like or not its a POS car. Get over it.

Ricer240sx
01-13-2004, 12:43 PM
earlyer someone said they wanted to blow up there s13 and get a s14, so i told them to give it to me and id take care of it. and then someone told that dude to tell his friend to burn his AE and i wasi to have them send it to me to burn :p

but really its jsut a joke seeing if i can get any free cars:D lol

does that clear it up fpr ya:p :axe: :coolugh:

Johny5
01-13-2004, 01:19 PM
in my own personal opinion, which, take it for what its worth...

you're just sorely dissapointed that you truly do own a piece of shit car. you know, compared to a lot of cars of its time, the s14a's are great cars with mild to good handling characteristics imo. other than the fact that it didn't get the BEST engine by any means in the states, its easily upgradable, along with the brakes. its a perfect base for most enthusiasts. unlike your car, where you'll be spending more money on bringing up to daily reliability condition than you will trying to make it putter up to speeds on the track.

just because your car might suck, doesn't mean your attitude has to.

nokeone
01-13-2004, 01:27 PM
in my own personal opinion, which, take it for what its worth...

you're just sorely dissapointed that you truly do own a piece of shit car. you know, compared to a lot of cars of its time, the s14a's are great cars with mild to good handling characteristics imo. other than the fact that it didn't get the BEST engine by any means in the states, its easily upgradable, along with the brakes. its a perfect base for most enthusiasts. unlike your car, where you'll be spending more money on bringing up to daily reliability condition than you will trying to make it putter up to speeds on the track.

just because your car might suck, doesn't mean your attitude has to.

that's actually pretty amusing..:)..

just curious..what did your s14a cost and total you have spent in mods?..if i may ask?..:bow:

Johny5
01-13-2004, 01:29 PM
it'd be tough to go through and calculate what i've spent, and i really don't like to think about it either. but maybe lets say roughly 3-4k?

i'd like to know why its amusing. i'm really not trying to start shit, i'm a pacifist at heart, but i'll be damned if i'm not gonna stand by what i pour my heart/money/time into as much as i possibly can.

*edit* car was $8500, aspen white, tan leather, 5spd 1998...a steal imo

nokeone
01-13-2004, 01:41 PM
it'd be tough to go through and calculate what i've spent, and i really don't like to think about it either. but maybe lets say roughly 3-4k?

i'd like to know why its amusing. i'm really not trying to start shit, i'm a pacifist at heart, but i'll be damned if i'm not gonna stand by what i pour my heart/money/time into as much as i possibly can.

*edit* car was $8500, aspen white, tan leather, 5spd 1998...a steal imo

amusement at your final line..i laughed..:)..the attitude thing

ok so like potentially 11K plus...thanks

and i'm not trying to digress or anything...i was just wondering...

but it's hard for a lot of the people on these boards to fathom spending that much on a car that will, most likely, be wrecked at some time or other...

it's just that people get so touchy when it comes to their cars....i think trueno finds this amusing himself and is having fun pushing buttons...

his car is by no means a POS to most...but to him it might be...mine was the same (before it was wrecked)..it was nothing near what i would call nice...but most people thought differently...i consider D1 cars nice..not most of those on these boards...

that's all..

:)

Johny5
01-13-2004, 01:50 PM
ah, understood. i guess i got the wrong opinion of the guy. most 86 drivers around here are stock with maybe a drop and think they're tofu delivering drift kingZZzzZz. its f-in rediculous. i bet his cars nice though, maybe he'll chime in here.

TRUENOCOUPE
01-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Johnny the Retards.

I am the delivery tofu DrIft KiNgZ. Never heard of me before?

-Tak.

ps. Your car still a POS. Please burn your car and take pics right after. Retard.
ah, understood. i guess i got the wrong opinion of the guy. most 86 drivers around here are stock with maybe a drop and think they're tofu delivering drift kingZZzzZz. its f-in rediculous. i bet his cars nice though, maybe he'll chime in here.

aznpoopy
01-13-2004, 05:27 PM
don't feed the attention whore! johnny5... just enjoy ur car; no point in debating this. btw 12k is the asking price for a 98 STOCK around here, so i'd say you got a great deal. 5spds 98s are hella rare too. congrats; enjoy. don't crash it :P

btw a s14 really is by no means a great car. i mean i love my 95... but to any1 else its probably a rickety death trap. to top it off my fan blower and a/c after all stopped working so now it's always really cold in the car (or really hot in summer). if its raining then its wet inside... (no fan, can't defrost) u get the point. i still love it though. thinking about putting that stuff back in workig order... i hate driving with the window down in the rain. lol. anyway... its crammed, small, uncomfortable, extreme temps, loud and bumpy, bad ride quality, not so great mileage... everything that ppl *don't* look for in a car.

Johny5
01-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Johnny the Retards.

I am the delivery tofu DrIft KiNgZ. Never heard of me before?

-Tak.

ps. Your car still a POS. Please burn your car and take pics right after. Retard.

haha, how do i not mess with this guy more? it's not even the fact that he insults my car. yet, the fact that he's obviously obscenely childish on the internet. amongst other things, he's quoted our good white neighbor eminem in his profile. you go thug, g-ride that trueno :rolleyes: haha

TRUENOCOUPE
01-14-2004, 11:32 AM
haha, how do i not mess with this guy more? it's not even the fact that he insults my car. yet, the fact that he's obviously obscenely childish on the internet. amongst other things, he's quoted our good white neighbor eminem in his profile. you go thug, g-ride that trueno :rolleyes: haha

You are one dumb motherfucker. I am whatever you say I am if I wants then why would you say I am. Its a perfectly example for a retard like you that can not take jokes over the net. This is what the quote is all about. Retard.

Its really sad that you're trying to take this over your ass. How about you fuckyourself on the ass.

240SX are POS. Now kill yourself.

nokeone
01-14-2004, 12:50 PM
hahahaha...this is hilarious..

love this place...so many rivalries...feel like i'm back playing high school sports...team 240 vs team 86...

hmmmm or maybe not...:rolleyes:

Johny5
01-14-2004, 02:10 PM
You are one dumb motherfucker. I am whatever you say I am if I wants then why would you say I am. Its a perfectly example for a retard like you that can not take jokes over the net. This is what the quote is all about. Retard.

Its really sad that you're trying to take this over your ass. How about you fuckyourself on the ass.

240SX are POS. Now kill yourself.

everyones a badass behind the keyboard. if you want to put into your head that my car is a pos then go for it. if your opinion really mattered to me i'd be getting as agressive as you are right now and doing my best to curse and look retarded.

kill myself? why? i like making people like you mad over the internet, you talk shit yet have no tolerance to accept it back. i.e. crybaby.

TRUENOCOUPE
01-14-2004, 02:49 PM
everyones a badass behind the keyboard. if you want to put into your head that my car is a pos then go for it. if your opinion really mattered to me i'd be getting as agressive as you are right now and doing my best to curse and look retarded.

kill myself? why? i like making people like you mad over the internet, you talk shit yet have no tolerance to accept it back. i.e. crybaby.

Oh God... You just don't have no idea.

hahahhahah

I sit at work all goddamn day long pissed people off. It works.

aznpoopy
01-15-2004, 07:59 PM
damnit j5... i warned you not to feed the attention-whore. :hs:

Johny5
01-15-2004, 08:11 PM
awww why not? the mans a comedian everytime he even tries to bring up inflicting comments.