PDA

View Full Version : Jim wolf tunes

koukimonsters13
02-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey having a few doubts about jim wolf tune's.... I have heard good and bad.... Like example good price, good tech support, good qualty.... BAD tuning issue's afterwards with idle and etc.... Just wondering who can vouche for this company before i order my tune... pros and cons would be great! Its either jwt or nistune!

90240sx07
02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
id go nistune personally way better setup
my friend had a jwt and always had tuning problems finally got tired of it called them up and sent his back to get diagnosed and he tried a stock ecu and it ran way better ended up that some how supposedly there had been water in the ecu by the tuning chip and was causing the problems even though that ecu had never been close to water or anything and was only taken apart by jwt

dorrifto
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I am all about JWT's hardware, but as far as tunes, go nis bud.

my 2ยข

ST(I)mpreza
02-02-2012, 04:38 AM
I am also partial to Nistune, its real time, and the best thing for 240s over JW or Enthalpy or what ever else!

BlackZenkiS14
02-02-2012, 07:27 AM
I have a JWT ECU in my car, tuned wiht Z32, 750's, and T28, and it runs awesome. Very smooth AFR, works perfect with my simple setup. If you want simple, reliable, driveability, go with JWT.

Let Codyace talk you into it.

Pure_JDM
02-02-2012, 08:12 AM
I had a JWT running a z32 MAF, and a T28. Worked wonderfully. As said, the AFRs were perfect and the throttle was smooth as butter. I have no bad words for them.

anarchyperf
02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Most people that have "had issues" with JWT really just had other non tune related problems with their car and blame it on the tune

Croustibat
02-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Most people that have "had issues" with JWT really just had other non tune related problems with their car and blame it on the tune

I am glad to see this is true on every continent of our planet.

Most people asking for a tune have at least one problem with their car. But they think a tune will magically solve everything.

The bad news is, it does not.

Most of the time, problems are due to boost leak, dying fuel pump, dead sparks, tired /low compression engines, badly set CAS, timing belt out ... it usually is a combination.

But the OEM mapping is very conservative for that exact reason : if the car has running problems, it will still be ok. While it will surely break with a perfomance mapping. for example, oem fuel maps are usually commanding a 9:1 to 10:1 AFR.

Which is pig rich. But if the fuel system is degraded, it will just run 12:1 to 13:1. and the user wont even see it.

But then, when he installs a chip, the chip commands a good value of 12:1. If the fuel pump cant supply and injectors are a bit clogged, you will get 14:1 or 15:1 on boost. And then pistons melt.

Same goes for the timing ... the oem map is so conservative it does not matter if the CAS is set with 3-5 more degrees. But a performance tune will use an optimal / bit conservative value, which will make holes in pistons if you just add these 3 to 5 more degrees.

mattsil80wis
02-02-2012, 12:18 PM
been running a wolf tune in my car for like 3 years now. Never a problem and great customer service when i sent it back to him over the winter for a retune, meth, and 2 step

koukimonsters13
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies and I would say i have to agree 100% with nis for tune because.. My current setup is JWT ECU for 550cc injectors, stock fuel pressure, and cobra maf, and I bought all new rc 550cc and new cobra maf from jwt, as well as a aeromotive adj fpr.... My car is having idling issues and likes to fall on its face lik 3,200 rpm to 3500 rpm then spool rediculously.... Idk what the deal is with that... I have no boost leaks and have checked damn near everything... So i was debating going with a nistune.... Plus it just seems like more bang for your buck with datalogging and changine tunes.... over jwt

BTW I have a Ka24E-t with a turbonetics t series t3/t4 350-400whp range on turbo.... running 12psi... open dump on 38mm agp wastegate etc...

BlackZenkiS14
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Nistune = someone else making the tune and adjustments frequently, and the chance that someone not so knowledgable can fuck it up.

A Nistune is only better in the hands of a master, an idiot with Nistune can be way more catastrophic than a JWT ever could.

Croustibat
02-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Thanks for all the replies and I would say i have to agree 100% with nis for tune because.. My current setup is JWT ECU for 550cc injectors, stock fuel pressure, and cobra maf, and I bought all new rc 550cc and new cobra maf from jwt, as well as a aeromotive adj fpr.... My car is having idling issues and likes to fall on its face lik 3,200 rpm to 3500 rpm then spool rediculously.... Idk what the deal is with that... I have no boost leaks and have checked damn near everything... So i was debating going with a nistune.... Plus it just seems like more bang for your buck with datalogging and changine tunes.... over jwt

BTW I have a Ka24E-t with a turbonetics t series t3/t4 350-400whp range on turbo.... running 12psi... open dump on 38mm agp wastegate etc...

nistune is a tool, if you dont know how to use it, it is no use.