PDA

View Full Version : Poker!

RBBaby
01-09-2004, 10:53 PM
wow, just got back from my first poker night, and Im a fan... I played poker before, but not REAL poker... 5 card draw, 7 card stud, that CRAP... but Texas holdem is soooo much better! It was a tournament today, with a 15 dollar buy in and 2 dollar jewish mafia rake (:-D) and I was 3rd person out (out of 11), but it was worth the $12 I lost... you might say... 12? but didnt you put in 17? well the last 5 guys took a reeeaaalllyyy long time, so me and 3 other guys started a $5 game that would split the pot at the last 2 guys, and I was one of the last 2. It was funny though, I ended with $17.50 and he had 2.50. he got 10 and so did I, oh well.

it kinda sucked though, a couple parts, because I didnt know how to play at first so some guys got irritated, and there was one kid Im pretty sure was cheating. 4 people saw him stack the deck, on 3 seperate occasions. also, the tables were a bit crowded so peeking became a problem. also the game seemed to go either too fast or too slow most of the time.

but you know what, it was still a load of fun to just hang out and bullshit with a bunch of my friends/aquaintances and play cards... I'm gonna be playing more often now.

Burmonster
01-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Yeah, texas holdum is the shit. I cant count the number of nights I have sat around with my fraternity brothers, winning their hard earned paychecks. First time I went to Vegas, I ended up winning 5 grand at the poker tables. Oh man, looking back on that, it was a hell of a weekend.....a really long weekend, maybe 8 hours of sleep but fun.