PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done food delivery (using the 240SX)?

SimpleS14
01-09-2004, 09:55 AM
It looks like I'm going to be needing a second job since hours are being trimmed down at my work. So far I've applied to many places...but no response from most of them. So far there is this one job that involves food delivery with a base pay of $10-$15 /hr plus tips....sounds nice...but I never done something like that before...and I not too sure if my 240SX can handle it. :confused: Anyways...I just wanted to know if any one of you has done food delivery using your 240SX (modded or stock) and if so....did you regret it? or was there any problems delivery food?

edit: The type of food delivery I would be doing is for Boston Market.

aznpoopy
01-09-2004, 10:41 AM
you watch too much initial D!

my friend's impreza always has a smell now b/c he used to deliver pizza. whenver i sit in his car i get hungry for pizza lol. despite his best efforts the smell never goes away. i guess thats what happens when you drive around for hours on end with 10+ pizzas in the car. dunno if that would happen with boston market.u'll also want to consider the cost of gas, wear and tear and risk of accident, depending on ur insurance coverage and ur area. sometimes it just isn't worth it. finally, how popular is boston market in your area? if nobody orders delivery from them then you won't be making much money.

good luck!

Brian
01-09-2004, 01:04 PM
not food, but flowers

i held a job for 6 weeks at Conroy's flower shop at the end of the summer. i quite because fall sememster started again and plus the job sucked.

this job payed $5 per delivey i made. deliveries could be anwhere from 2 minutes from the shop to an hour from the shop. towards the end of my delivery career, i was driving about 100 miles per day in the ol 240. this was with Tein HE also for the record. i had to pay for my own gas which really sucked. the price of gas was very expensive too. i was at the gas station about every other day.
i ran around southern california with no passenger seat and the car full of flower arrangements and baloons sometimes. let me tell you this was dangerous. having like 6 baloons in the car blocking the windows. jesus and baby jesus, there were some close calls man! another thing i had to deal with was having the flowers fall over in my car and spill that god aweful flower water spill all over the seats and floor. sometimes i would mess up the big ass rose bouquets because the top few would hit the room when i went to take them out and they would break off.
in this whole experience i made a total of $4 tips.

moral of the story: fuck flower delivery.

oh, i hope maybe somehow i related this to your questions.

nokeone
01-09-2004, 01:07 PM
^^ you suck at life...and flower delivery!!..:p

Brian
01-09-2004, 02:12 PM
well, you are half right.

i do suck at life, but i was real swell at flower delivery.

SimpleS14
01-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by yeswepromise
not food, but flowers

i held a job for 6 weeks at Conroy's flower shop at the end of the summer. i quite because fall sememster started again and plus the job sucked.

this job payed $5 per delivey i made. deliveries could be anwhere from 2 minutes from the shop to an hour from the shop. towards the end of my delivery career, i was driving about 100 miles per day in the ol 240. this was with Tein HE also for the record. i had to pay for my own gas which really sucked. the price of gas was very expensive too. i was at the gas station about every other day.
i ran around southern california with no passenger seat and the car full of flower arrangements and baloons sometimes. let me tell you this was dangerous. having like 6 baloons in the car blocking the windows. jesus and baby jesus, there were some close calls man! another thing i had to deal with was having the flowers fall over in my car and spill that god aweful flower water spill all over the seats and floor. sometimes i would mess up the big ass rose bouquets because the top few would hit the room when i went to take them out and they would break off.

lol...that is a funny story

mrmephistopheles
01-10-2004, 05:00 PM
A guy I met in NC delivered for Papa John's. His 89-90 was pretty heavily modded (in terms of engine bolt-ons and suspension) and he drove it up until the day some IDIOT driver crashed into him (not while working).

fastpace
01-10-2004, 09:46 PM
From what everybody is saying it is probaly not a good ideal to do this delivery job. But you can probaly get a beater(civic, sentra, or something of that sort) and use that for your deliveries and also get better gas mileage than the 240. But then again, it seems as if you are buying a car for the sole purpose of working.

SimpleS14
01-10-2004, 10:12 PM
I have no money to spend on a beater, but I have a "project beater" S14 THAT NEEDS A DASHBOARD (I NEED A DASHBOARD)...before I can use it. This seems like my last chance at getting some money. At my current job it killing season and the managment is ready to give you the axe if you fucked up on one little thing. So.....I might do this job.

pruto
01-11-2004, 11:23 AM
one of our local Papa John's has a delivery guy with a 180.

stock with chrome hub caps, bling bling!

nokeone
01-11-2004, 02:26 PM
hmmm, now that i think of it the guy who delivers pizza for the local Round Table on the West Side does so in a Coupe...91 or 92 i think...but he's not into cars at all..he delivered pizza to me and some friends one day while we were working on the cars and didn't even realize that mine was the same car as his...lol..hmmm..his car is super clean and in good condition...and i do need a new coupe..hmmmm...

Johny5
01-11-2004, 07:13 PM
i just got fired from my pizza delivery/waiter job. we were a higher end pizza place under ownership of that pappa's corporation (pappadeaux, pappasitos, etc.) i'm not gonna do it ever again, such a nailbiting experience worrying about the stress your car goes through.

FRpilot
01-12-2004, 10:06 AM
$10-15/hr + TIPS! what kinda food delivery place is this..?

SimpleS14
01-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by FRpilot
$10-15/hr + TIPS! what kinda food delivery place is this..?

It's new and being started by a company working with Boston Market to provide food delivery.

Boston Market mac & chesse = :drool: :drool: :drool:

Baka Sama
01-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by yeswepromise
not food, but flowers

Has Initial D taught you nothing?!! You must rotate the "god awful flower water" in the vase in a circular motion while doing 90mph drifts at an exact distance of 2cm from the gard rails, allowing the balloons to shift 12inches to either side so you can see traffic through your rear window... :p