PDA

View Full Version : s13 and s14 timing chain oil covers interchangeable?

Corey121
01-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Im sorry if this has already been covered, i tried to search but when i do the screen stays white and does nothing. From what i have read the s13 and s14 ka24de blocks are the same, so are the s13 and s14 lower timing chain oil covers interchangeable?

Im have a rebuilt motor but i need a new oil pump and was going to buy one for an s14 but i have any s13 motor. Here is a link for the cover, Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

http://i1.frsimg.com/images/detailed_images/Nissan_13500-70F01_1.jpg
Imported from frsports.com

Genuine OEM Nissan Front Timing Cover Oil Pump S14 240SX KA24DE (http://www.frsport.com/Genuine-OEM-Nissan-Front-Timing-Cover-Oil-Pump-S14-240SX-KA24DE_p_3137.html)

01-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Not sure how much help I am BUT on the s14 I currently own, there was a small oil leak. Previous owner rebuilt the motor and when I finally found the leak it was at the upper timing cover right by the exhaust manifold. I noticed that the cover had a different shape (very very slight, just enough to cause the leak) so all I did was wipe it clean and put silicone on it and no leaks since then. So I guess you can use it but it might be a little off

Corey121
01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Not sure how much help I am BUT on the s14 I currently own, there was a small oil leak. Previous owner rebuilt the motor and when I finally found the leak it was at the upper timing cover right by the exhaust manifold. I noticed that the cover had a different shape (very very slight, just enough to cause the leak) so all I did was wipe it clean and put silicone on it and no leaks since then. So I guess you can use it but it might be a little off

I have the cover off the motor before i rebuilt it they look the same, but its a 250 dollar part and i dont want to buy it if its not going to work. But i do appreciate the reply im sure with some silicone it would work.

Corey121
01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
So i have done some more research via google.com, I found a forum from another site that says "l you have to do is remove a dowel pin from the s13 block (right side) if your using a s14 lower cover as the cover has one built into it." Post By smbonn2005 ka-t.org

So i think i figured it out i hope it helps someone else out in the future, If it does not work i will repost have i get the block back together.

Frank_Jaeger
06-23-2013, 05:35 PM
I was not aware of this. Nice find!