PDA

View Full Version : smog check point in Pomona today

nomad_drifter
01-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Just a heads up we need to watch each others backs on here. SMOG CHECK POINT Right now (12:00pm) in Pomona on Arrow hwy on the west bound side just east of Town ave.

They will roll your ass up on the ramps they have set up then stick the sniffer up your pipe (with no lube) then pop your hood. Broke ass California rapeing your rights as useual. They should cut all these programs & everyones jobs that's involved with this. That's how cali would save$$ they wernt all cops looked like some county workers or contrators. Did not stick around to see..

harrypotter
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
TGIDLICA

That would suck!

t0nyakapb
01-26-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm scared

Jtuned_andy
01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm not in Cali, but this seems absurd. What if you refuse, do they just hitch your car and impound it?

GTFO of that state!

S-Nation S13
01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
where are my rights !!! damn ive only seen one of these where i live..lucky i was in my honda

smokingsideways14
01-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Wtf im always.in pomona good looking out id be on sry suckker if the rolled me up

s13love-green
01-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Think IMA go ka now :hide:

black06spec-v
01-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Wtf! Smog check point Wow! Never seen one. Fuck u cali.

t0nyakapb
01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Think IMA go ka now :hide:

I was thinking the same thing!

mantas
01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Just a heads up we need to watch each others backs on here. SMOG CHECK POINT Right now (12:00pm) in Pomona on Arrow hwy on the west bound side just east of Town ave.

They will roll your ass up on the ramps they have set up then stick the sniffer up your pipe (with no lube) then pop your hood. Broke ass California rapeing your rights as useual. They should cut all these programs & everyones jobs that's involved with this. That's how cali would save$$ they wernt all cops looked like some county workers or contrators. Did not stick around to see..

I'd just say my car is too low and im not driving up that ramp. If they want to pop the hood i'll say the latch is broken and I can't open it. From that point on, IDK i'm sure they will impound my car. I'd rather pay impound fees than have my car seized or put on some blacklist.

mowgli 240sx
01-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Cali is desperate for money

PANDAemic
01-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Are they even allowed to do that? I lived in Cali my whole life and I've never seen or heard of something like this.

Eramo323
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
i wonder the same thing.... what if i refuse?

PANDAemic
01-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Can't I say I passed smog on my registration? If I passed why do I need to get it checked again by some random person on the street.

thegame213la
01-27-2012, 01:10 AM
we should keep post like this updates and location on topic daily! its a great idea for us all!

Om1kron
01-27-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm not in Cali, but this seems absurd. What if you refuse, do they just hitch your car and impound it?

GTFO of that state!

The whole point of those stations is not to snipe imports but to find other people who are normal and have piece of shit cars that cant pass smog and are on the roads polluting the air. And then offer them assistance to get the vehicle up to smog standards.

It's some new program they implemented, I don't know if they hand out state ref tickets but I don't believe I've heard of anyone getting their car impounded at one, just a simple smog test, you passed or failed would you like assistance from the state to get your vehicle in line, and yes you will get sent to a ref. obviously they're not trying to pimp out peoples rides for free.

anyway that's what I gathered, just so happens people (us) get caught up in the do gooder bullshit.

rob22
01-27-2012, 01:26 AM
they do this when they bust a smog shop doing illegal smogs in/around the area.

skysilvias13
01-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Checkpoints Violate the Fourth Amendment and Normalize the Police State : LA IMC (http://la.indymedia.org/news/2009/12/233456_comment.php)

Read the article above!

PANDAemic
01-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Checkpoints Violate the Fourth Amendment and Normalize the Police State : LA IMC (http://la.indymedia.org/news/2009/12/233456_comment.php)

Read the article above!

TL : DR, want to shorten it for me? It's 3 am and I don't feel like reading a lot. All I remember is that the 4th is the one that protects unlawful search and seizures.

tonka00
01-27-2012, 09:17 AM
well i live in pomona and ive seen it once last year on garey ave and philadelphia last year in feb i always avoid check points i rather just go around but the one you cant avoid is the one the set up going north on white ave past orange grove so i just avoid that whole street but F*** check point and smog points

erik05v
01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
ive seen them do this on mountain ave in ontario next to the cementry its been a while but they pop up out of no where

Lucifer.Valenino
01-27-2012, 10:24 AM
The whole point of those stations is not to snipe imports but to find other people who are normal and have piece of shit cars that cant pass smog and are on the roads polluting the air. And then offer them assistance to get the vehicle up to smog standards.

It's some new program they implemented, I don't know if they hand out state ref tickets but I don't believe I've heard of anyone getting their car impounded at one, just a simple smog test, you passed or failed would you like assistance from the state to get your vehicle in line, and yes you will get sent to a ref. obviously they're not trying to pimp out peoples rides for free.

anyway that's what I gathered, just so happens people (us) get caught up in the do gooder bullshit.

But these Smog program's you have to do the work in an approved shop in order to get the help. These programs don't really help because you end up spending twice the amount of money for the man hours/parts it takes to fix the problem, when most things can be done by yourself for a lot less.
I think this crap is SO stupid and a waste of time/money, but it's California.

sidewaysil80
01-27-2012, 10:41 AM
just for fun, what if your vehicle isn't registered in california? i.e. visiting or military or some random way? i know most states you are exempt from their rules but you never know in california...

!Zar!
01-27-2012, 11:29 AM
You are exempt for a few days if you are a civillian from out of state.

As for the smog check, who cares.

Drive a daily that isn't shitty.

badbob2121
01-27-2012, 01:31 PM
just for fun, what if your vehicle isn't registered in california? i.e. visiting or military or some random way? i know most states you are exempt from their rules but you never know in california...

Military are still required to have their vehicles Smog tested to get their base decals (which are required to drive on base). But there are ways around it that arent illegal

initial_jc
01-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Read the article above!

That was actually a good read

I didnt know that they are supposed to have a "mathimatical formula" as to who they have to check.

ryandriftingfat
01-27-2012, 02:06 PM
They had one of these in Tustin a couple years back that my friend got caught in. He's got an Audi B5 turbo with ~ 400WHP, straight pipes.

They sent him on his way after he failed the test and had to go get it smogged again later.

So you have to put your car back to passable condition. It's a big pain in the ass, but you shouldn't lose your car over it.

PeaceOnesxWai
01-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Instead of catching criminals all CA is making criminals out of motorists..

VertTwins
01-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Guys the road side tests are not to catch you, believe it or not these road side tests are done by outside contractors to measure the effectiveness of the california smog program. They do it in heavily populated areas of the state (mostly southern california). They are looking for cars mainly that had failed a prior smog test, got repaired and passed, and have not come due for thier next required smog test. They are seeing if the repairs done are only temporary quick fixes to get cars through. These tests are more for grading the states program and the shops making repairs. If law enforcement is present and they direct you in there you have to go. They are not going to impound your car, they dont have time for that. If the cop wants to be nasty he could ticket you and send you to the ref but thats it.

Here is a link to the last compiled study they did.
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/smogcheck/march09/roadsidereport.pdf

JdmGtDriver
01-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Shit!!! That is right by my house...I was about to take my coupe out for a drive...I cant go anywhere cuz my FC wont pass either -_-*

dawnattack
02-08-2012, 11:14 PM
good thing i have a KA...

chato de shamrock
02-15-2012, 04:02 AM
I wonder just how many people (on average) they catch with polluting cars on these check points? Then, I'd like to know if its even worth doing this in the first place when you compare how many people they catch on average with the money the city is spending to have all those officers out there at that check point. If you ask me I'd love to see them set up outside public schools between 2:00 and 3:30pm to check those damn school buses. Hell they should make surprise visits to the fire stations as well. Can't count how many times i've seen a fire truck fart out some black poison.

VertTwins
02-15-2012, 05:25 AM
I wonder just how many people (on average) they catch with polluting cars on these check points? Then, I'd like to know if its even worth doing this in the first place when you compare how many people they catch on average with the money the city is spending to have all those officers out there at that check point. If you ask me I'd love to see them set up outside public schools between 2:00 and 3:30pm to check those damn school buses. Hell they should make surprise visits to the fire stations as well. Can't count how many times i've seen a fire truck fart out some black poison.

The commercial deisel smog program for those vehicles has become much more stringent then the smog program for cars. Did you know I think its by 2020 ALL road driven diesel vehicles have to have 2010 or newer deisel engines installed? ALL of them including government owned vehicles.

Here go to this website and have a field day learning about how glad you are not to be a small buisness working out of an old commerical vehicle deisel.

Diesel Programs and Activities (http://www.arb.ca.gov/diesel/diesel.htm)

Bigalow311
02-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Instead of catching criminals all CA is making criminals out of motorists..

THIS.

I have a good PoC for smog checks. PM me if anyone is having trouble or concerned about passing their emissions test.

silverarrow27
02-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Guys the road side tests are not to catch you, believe it or not these road side tests are done by outside contractors to measure the effectiveness of the california smog program. They do it in heavily populated areas of the state (mostly southern california). They are looking for cars mainly that had failed a prior smog test, got repaired and passed, and have not come due for thier next required smog test. They are seeing if the repairs done are only temporary quick fixes to get cars through. These tests are more for grading the states program and the shops making repairs. If law enforcement is present and they direct you in there you have to go. They are not going to impound your car, they dont have time for that. If the cop wants to be nasty he could ticket you and send you to the ref but thats it.

Here is a link to the last compiled study they did.
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/smogcheck/march09/roadsidereport.pdf

Also from research, this program is to catch crooked shops. If you happen to just smogged your car a couple days prior to the stop and you failed again, the shop that passed you gets audited and investigated. It's not a good thing to buy a car that failed smog from the previous owner, then have your usual guy pass it for you because the next time you go visit him/her. They may not be open anymore.

dluevanos01
03-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Dam i'm scared now! should have gotten a ka instead of the sr since i go to school in pomona.

S-Nation S13
03-24-2012, 03:47 PM
im glad ive only seen one of these things in my city..but i noticed that you guys be always having these cracy check point..truck,smog,ect..