PDA

View Full Version : san diego alignment shops?

Tempo
01-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know where I can go for an alignment in SD I went to 4 tire shops and they said my car was too low to even get on the rack , one shop mentioned pann auto but they're asking 120 I can get one from there but I just want to know if there is another place I can go to that will do the same for a lower price before I spend money I could have saved .

MADE
01-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't know of one off hand but their should be alot of choices. Usually East/North County shops are cheaper. When I lived in SD I always drove to OC/LA for work if needed.

ZenkiKid
01-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Clarence Brown. $120 is already a good price though.

brndck
01-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Powered by Max does alignments. I dunno how much they charge tho.

1on1
01-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Don't give Pann Auto your address. I heard of a lot of shady shit they have done to customers.

I've gone to Clarence Brown and it's not bad. Since you'll be waiting for the alignment, take a walk to Mitsuwa and eat ramen and look at the magazines to kill time.

rcdad123
01-23-2012, 01:12 AM
if you are just looking for a regular spec alignment, tru line on bradley in el cajon has a pit instead of a rack. you don`t have to worry about your bumper getting messed up. i don`t know how much though.

Flipzide
01-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I've brought my street car and track car to Trueline in Chula Vista and I haven't had issues with being too low since they work in a pit instead of rolling the car on a rack. They can work with aftermarket arms as well. You can even request custom alignments if you wish.

Tempo
01-23-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't know of one off hand but their should be alot of choices. Usually East/North County shops are cheaper. When I lived in SD I always drove to OC/LA for work if needed.
I wish I could commute regularly to LA , that'd be a treat .

Clarence Brown. $120 is already a good price though.
Yeah they said 120 included with camber adjustment , jusst was unsure about other shop prices + I've heard bad things about pann auto so I was iffy.

Powered by Max does alignments. I dunno how much they charge tho.
lol I've picked up my coils / shift knob / ruca / toe links from there and I have not once asked them about alignment :picardfp:

Don't give Pann Auto your address. I heard of a lot of shady shit they have done to customers.

I've gone to Clarence Brown and it's not bad. Since you'll be waiting for the alignment, take a walk to Mitsuwa and eat ramen and look at the magazines to kill time.
Ill check them out if I don't go to PBM but If anything ill make pann auto my last resort lol.

if you are just looking for a regular spec alignment, tru line on bradley in el cajon has a pit instead of a rack. you don`t have to worry about your bumper getting messed up. i don`t know how much though.
Probably end up going there for regular alignments after I get my camber fixed since they're closer to me.

I've brought my street car and track car to Trueline in Chula Vista and I haven't had issues with being too low since they work in a pit instead of rolling the car on a rack. They can work with aftermarket arms as well. You can even request custom alignments if you wish.
do you know their pricing ?

Thanks for the input guys I got a list to choose from now lol :bigok:

Nizzan4u2nv
01-23-2012, 11:57 PM
I'd give partshopmax a try. I'm Probably gonna have them do my alignment as well. I've been to trueline chula vista, el cajon and Kearny Mesa as well as the new and old Clarence brown. I was never 100% satisfied with any of them, maybe I'm just picky.

Tempo
01-24-2012, 02:01 AM
I'd give partshopmax a try. I'm Probably gonna have them do my alignment as well. I've been to trueline chula vista, el cajon and Kearny Mesa as well as the new and old Clarence brown. I was never 100% satisfied with any of them, maybe I'm just picky.

yeah ill let you know if i end up going before you do by next friday lol, already met most of them there so i think it should be a good deal/time , probably get a sticker too since the last i came they had ran out lol :snoop:

irax
01-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Clarence Brown Alignment Service - Kearny Mesa - San Diego, CA (http://www.yelp.com/biz/clarence-brown-alignment-service-san-diego)

$75 an hour to do the best alignment possible. If it takes more than 2 hours it is capped at $150 (mine took 4 hours to do and they only charged me $150). They will align it to YOUR specification if you know what you want. Unlike other places they do not charge more for aftermarket links, because it helps them do their job right. Seriously I had my old s14 aligned there, my toe was WAY fucked up in the rear. They fixed that shit, and cambered my wheels to the maximum possible and that shit was tsudaichi fitment! Seriously hands down the best place to go to. I recommend them above PSM because PSM isn't about alignments, yeah they can do it but alignments is ALL Clarance Brown does. Its olde school style too without lazers and on the ground.

Everyone I have recommended to that shop payed the same or less, and came back nothing but good things to say. I honestly believe it is stupid to take your car else where unless it is absolutely free. Especially if you have all aftermarket links like I did.

Cliff notes: IF YOUR CAR IS SLAMMED TAKE IT TO CLARANCE BROWN END OF STORY

Tempo
01-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Clarence Brown Alignment Service - Kearny Mesa - San Diego, CA (http://www.yelp.com/biz/clarence-brown-alignment-service-san-diego)

$75 an hour to do the best alignment possible. If it takes more than 2 hours it is capped at $150 (mine took 4 hours to do and they only charged me $150). They will align it to YOUR specification if you know what you want. Unlike other places they do not charge more for aftermarket links, because it helps them do their job right. Seriously I had my old s14 aligned there, my toe was WAY fucked up in the rear. They fixed that shit, and cambered my wheels to the maximum possible and that shit was tsudaichi fitment! Seriously hands down the best place to go to. I recommend them above PSM because PSM isn't about alignments, yeah they can do it but alignments is ALL Clarance Brown does. Its olde school style too without lazers and on the ground.

Everyone I have recommended to that shop payed the same or less, and came back nothing but good things to say. I honestly believe it is stupid to take your car else where unless it is absolutely free. Especially if you have all aftermarket links like I did.

Cliff notes: IF YOUR CAR IS SLAMMED TAKE IT TO CLARANCE BROWN END OF STORY

I'm sold lol , Clarence Brown > Pbm > pann auto , alignment wise.

+ that ramen shop that 1on1 mentioned sounds worth visiting while I'm waiting for my alignment to get done lol