PDA

View Full Version : Whos the F*er that took the Bride seat on ebay!?

ootranceformeroo
01-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Well.....cough it up! $305!!! I waas going to bid but ebays site got all messed up and wasnt working properly! Damn ebay!

Used faded Bride Brix for $305 sold by Jarco....oh yeah, with a bracket for s13/s14 too..

S14TiNMAN
01-06-2004, 11:12 PM
haha, ebays the best!:D

Flybert
01-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Not a bad deal. The guy didn't even put Brix in the title. He would have received more bids that way. That seat looks a little twisted but for the price, I guess you can't go wrong. Funny thing is that stuff like that goes for like $100 or less on yahoo auctions in japan.

ootranceformeroo
01-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Deng....you should go on the japan yahoo auctions and get me one then:D haha jk...

nokeone
01-07-2004, 02:29 AM
i picked up one not too long ago from Jarco as well...decent shape..faded..good support and no tears...with rail...$175.00 shipped..:D

ootranceformeroo
01-07-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by nokeone
i picked up one not too long ago from Jarco as well...decent shape..faded..good support and no tears...with rail...$175.00 shipped..:D

Serious?! For a brix? You think they have anymore?

nokeone
01-07-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by ootranceformeroo
Serious?! For a brix? You think they have anymore?

yup it's a Brix..old school..like 2 models ago...but still holds fine!..:)

give um a call..they are super nice on the phone too..

ootranceformeroo
01-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Aright i think ill give em a call or email. One of those. So how did you sweet talk them to get the price you paid shipped?

I dont really care if its an older model or not. As long as it hold my ass and is pretty cheap for the quality. The older model is the one w/o "Bride" at the headrest? That was also the one that was on ebay if it was...

nokeone
01-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ootranceformeroo
Aright i think ill give em a call or email. One of those. So how did you sweet talk them to get the price you paid shipped?

I dont really care if its an older model or not. As long as it hold my ass and is pretty cheap for the quality. The older model is the one w/o "Bride" at the headrest? That was also the one that was on ebay if it was...

i didn't really sweet talk them...i had bid on it and was outbid in the closing minutes...the winner flaked so they offered it to me..i lowballed them and they accepted...i was stoked..like i said, really nice guys there...

yeah i believe the model i have does not say Bride on the headrest...just up the back of the seat in stripes or whatever..

got a link to the ended auction?

Warwick5s
01-07-2004, 01:02 PM
i was high bidder on that thing for almost the whole auction at $300, but didn't feel like paying more than that for it. i would have paid 5 dollars more for it though :/ oh well, i might as well just get s14 seats for the mean time.

thx247
01-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Kirkey 47500, $300 w/cover

Or you can be super cost effective and buy a drag seat (79-90$), and slap on some 10 dollar leg shoulder and head bolsters and call it a day.

Made in America too! And sanctioned by all racing bodies, and alot of other things no one cares about.

ootranceformeroo
01-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by nokeone
got a link to the ended auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451711038&category=33701

pinoydrifter
01-07-2004, 09:25 PM
how do you guys get a hold of yahoo auctions japan? Do you guys have a number or email? thanks

I just wanted to know how to go about making a purchase... I mean.. do you guys pay with usd? How do you guys contact the sellers? Thanks alot- Dom

kazuo
01-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Yahoo Auctions Japan sellers will ONLY SHIP TO JAPANESE ADDRESSES.

There is also the langauge barrier issue if you do not speak Japanese. But they don't ship outside of Japan anyway, so...

And there is NO WAY anyone is going to ship you a seat, even if you could get it... the only way it can go is via freight and it would be cheaper to just buy one locally from an Importer because you'll also have to pay taxes on it...

Warwick5s
01-08-2004, 01:20 AM
oh btw, the other reason i bailed on it is because it was a passenger rail, so you'd have to buy a new rail anyways.

nokeone
01-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Warwick5s
oh btw, the other reason i bailed on it is because it was a passenger rail, so you'd have to buy a new rail anyways.

that's not entirely true...my BRIX is sitting on my drivers side on top of a passenger side seat rail..and it sits perfectly level and straight...it is a tad bit closer to the steering wheel then i would like and a 1/4-1/2 inch to the left in the car...it had to be modified slightly and it helps to know how to weld (or have a friend who does)..but it's not a terribly difficult process...all in all it took about an hour start to finish...worth the $150 of a new one i would say...