PDA

View Full Version : s14 underdash harness help

ROULETTE77
01-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi I'm new here... so plesae feel free to offer corrections and directions...

I swapped a jdm sr20det s14 95-96 (RED WC/studs on the head) into a 1969 Datsun 2000 Fairlady Roadster.

I custom built a dash to fit the jdm zenki guage cluster .. the km/h cluster came from japan with the 3 plugs and the bit of harness where the 3 come into 1 ....

my main goal in wiring the car to start on 1 st try,.. is for the entire guage cluster to work as it did in an orignal car. I also want to intergrate a pushbutton keyless start/security.to by pass the old key ignition switching in the collum....(push start/havent choosen one yet)

I need help...i think im looking for stock JDM s14 underdash harness, so i can just rewire back in place as was in the orignal japanise car???

Should I be able to just wire the same stuff back togther /cutting in my stero and ignition / ilimuniation controls... right???

the engine came complete with harness internal plug, red WC ECU, 5sp Trans, turbo, igniters, map s. big black covered fuse box. the entire engine harness is complete. from what i can find its a (95-96)

the only cut in the harness I can see is the large wrapped bundle comming from the bottom corner of the big black covered plastic fuse box. Where does this go to ?

let me know what you guys think. should i be able to fine a stock underdash harness from a japanese s14 ?

can a s13 american one work ?

or is this going to be harder than trying to wire the 3plugs from hte guages directly to the interior plug ? im a first timer with the sr swap any help would be great thanks....