PDA

View Full Version : Option Video Subtitled!!!! d1 backstage passes for 2004

Drift_Monster
01-03-2004, 03:59 PM
[B]By replying to the following post i will give one of the people who replys a backstage pass to the D1 Gran Prix on Feb28, 2004 [/B

I was wondering what all you racing fans would think of a subtitled 'Option video including volumes 100-119.

1. Would you guys and gals like this idea?

2. Would you buy it?

3. How much would you buy it for?

4. Are there any other volumes you guys would like to come out other than 100-119 in a subtitled version?

5. And would you buy with the same consistency as you have been with the regular 'Option videos?

6. Why would this be a good idea or a bad idea?

All videos have been professionally subtitled with the consent of Option HQ and these are the real thing they are not fake copies and we are trying to get the publics opinion on what you think should be done about this idea. We need feedback so any response is greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions please get a hold of me at [email protected]
[?] -or [email protected]

NZO
01-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Do it! I buy option vids but Id be 100 times more likely to buy one if they were subtitled. Id be willing to pay ~$5 more for a subbed version. And if youre going to dub it, make it an option you can turn off (dvd) otherwise a lot of people will not buy them.

method2833
01-03-2004, 10:37 PM
this would definetly boost my efforts to buy them please DO IT!!!

s13chica
01-04-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Drift_Monster
[B]By replying to the following post i will give one of the people who replys a backstage pass to the D1 Gran Prix on Feb28, 2004 [/B

I was wondering what all you racing fans would think of a subtitled 'Option video including volumes 100-119.

1. Would you guys and gals like this idea?

I think it is a great idea to add subtitles since not all of us can understand japanese :)

2. Would you buy it?

YES!

3. How much would you buy it for?

I wouldn't want to spend anymore than the cost of the option dvds... so I guess 20 bucks, I think that's a fair price.

4. Are there any other volumes you guys would like to come out other than 100-119 in a subtitled version?

I think you should start with those ones, see what type of sales occur, then go from there.

5. And would you buy with the same consistency as you have been with the regular 'Option videos?

yup yup yup

6. Why would this be a good idea or a bad idea?

I think it is a good idea because when I watch the option videos I always wish that I could understand what they are commenting on. Although I enjoy them either way, since the driving is so great, I think subtitles could increase my enjoyment.

All videos have been professionally subtitled with the consent of Option HQ and these are the real thing they are not fake copies and we are trying to get the publics opinion on what you think should be done about this idea. We need feedback so any response is greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions please get a hold of me at [email protected]
[?] -or [email protected]

airsoft
01-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Yes, subtitles are definately a plus. I would definately buy. From a buyers perspective though, I don't think its necessary for the buyer to have to pay for more just for subtitles. (speaking if the subtitled version were still being printed by the same OptionHQ)

But, if it was an independent/other company, I take it such as you, yes I would pay more. I think its important too that you let the public buyers know that these versions are specially Option subtitled videos by you, and OptionHQ versions doesn't provide these subtitles. (otherwise i think it would sound unfair if a company provides two versions one subtitle one not and charge higher...)

Its a good idea because you will be targeting buyers that were discouraged to language barriers. This would create variety. Variety is good. Buyers aren't restricted to one option. :D

Nothing bad! sounds good! 3 types of people in the world
people that watch, people that talk, people that do things!
DO IT. SO WE CAN BUY IT!!
GoodLuck!

Wake
01-04-2004, 03:43 AM
i think this is definetly the best idea optionsHQ has had in a while i havent seen very many ofthe videos because i get frustrated not being able to understand themi love the vids nonetheless but having subtitles whould make the experience an 11out of 10 instead of a 9, plz do it!!!!!

HiPSI
01-04-2004, 01:25 PM
i'd say go for it. or better yet, get the commentators from IRON CHEF to dub over their voices in Engrish, lol.

but seriously, i'd be very happy to have subbed option2 vids even if they cost a couple more dollars:D

DRFT
01-05-2004, 07:16 PM
id get it.

btw HiPSI, i just PM'ed you

Zenki_S14
01-07-2004, 01:27 AM
This is what I've been waiting for. I've been watching these options videos for the past 5 years. I own more than 20 volumes. For once, I would like to watch it and understand what they're saying instead of having my friend watch it with me to translate. Sometimes, she can't translate into English because said it's too difficult. For instance, In Drift Tengoku Volume 12, Koguchi is giving tips and techniques on how to drift in this one white S15. I can see that he's explaing something in the car, but I don't know what he's saying. My friend can't translate because of the (drifting) terms they use, so then I get frustrated. I would rather have them subtitled, not dubbed. Hearing Tsuchiiya, Orido, and Suzuki comentate on the competition is half the fun, especially when they scream as if something horrific is about to happen. haha. I was gonna get the annual subscription, but if it's coming out with subtitles, then I'm willing to wait, despite the increase in cost. I know for sure it's worth it. Oh yeah, I think there should be a subtitle version of the Option2 Volume 34 (Silvia 180SX Super Tuning). That would be awesome.

DarkRaptor42
01-07-2004, 11:59 AM
I like option videos, I l subtitles when I cant fully understand the japanese. But what I really like, is the idea of back stage passes. Cars are sexy.

Drift_Monster
01-07-2004, 03:22 PM
The subtitled option video is still in its preliminary phases i wouldnt expect anything just quite yet, if you want to get a subscription to option i suggest you do it now and go back and purchase the subtitled ones that you liked or that is essential, at this oint we need to build a bassis of about 10,000 orders to have Option produce subtitled versions for us right now we are getting your feedback and trying to get the orders and the demand to go through to have these volumes most wanted to be sent here.

Cthulhu
01-08-2004, 09:40 AM
I would buy some, certainly with greater frequency than unsubtitled videos. What I would really like to see would be Drift Tengoku subtitled, that would be fantastic, but one thing at a time I guess.