PDA

View Full Version : depression from extacy?

SR240DET
01-02-2004, 02:23 AM
has anybody friend or family had memory lost, depression, ect... from extacy? if they did.. how did they go about fixing it if they did? any anyswer would be help full.. peese..

DRFT
01-02-2004, 02:43 AM
well i knew this one guy, he was a spoiled kid but had like no friends cause he was cocky. anyways, so he started hanging with lower classmen, i was a senior he was too, and they did drugs. Weel after a summer of hanging out with them, all of them did E and did otehr drugs too. So after a while them started to stop hanging out with him cause he had mood swings. Dunno how he recovered from this but yea. It can cause mood swings too

NZO
01-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Therapy, psychotrophic medication? Too bad we cant repair brain-damage, maybe next year.

Flybert
01-02-2004, 02:53 AM
My friend and I just went to a new years rave and he had some pills to replenish his seratonin levels because that is how ecstasy makes you depressed the next day. I think it's a short term thing unless you drop E all the time.

HiPSI
01-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by NZO
Therapy, psychotrophic medication? Too bad we cant repair brain-damage, maybe next year.

TV won't rot your brain, but X sure as hell will;)

vodka
01-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Yeah, its primarily due to the lack of seratonin in the brain (which is released by MDMA to produce the sensations commonly referred to as a roll.). You should be alright in a week. Just eat right, avoid getting into fights & relax. As for the pills, I believe they're called 5HTP. You can find them at GNC and other places like that. As for memory loss, once its gone, its gone buddy, no replacing memory without recalling the event. You should probably take it easy on the pills though if you're concerned about such things (this is a good statement for anybody in general, I'm looking at you Rush Limbaugh :D )

SR240DET
01-02-2004, 02:20 PM
yeah.. the 5-htp thing is working out... for mood swings.. the memory lost is killer... reading feels like it helps a lil... i took probly 3 or 4 rolls within a month... my friend though... 10-18 rolls a week for 6 months now.. im concered about him more than me now.. i can manage... but him.... :(

vodka
01-02-2004, 02:24 PM
3-4 is the maximum, and I mean absolutely maximum amount, so you're pushing it. It's the max since the average recovery of normal operating seratonin levels takes about a week. As for 10-18 a week, thats insane. You wouldn't even get a roll from most of those. My buddy once took 9 within 3 hours and pushed himself to the limit, and to be honest, I'm suprised he's not dead yet. Honestly, if you're gonna do it, I would recommend conserving so you enjoy it more, and save the rest of the money for mods. As you guys can tell, I have some history with X, but I don't do the stuff anymore. Got tired and the car started coming as first priority, sapping away all other venues of money spending.

SR240DET
01-02-2004, 03:13 PM
the first month i did it was on july over the summer.. i read up on waiting a week before doing it.. and thats when i took another roll.. (like you said) only during that month.... i can only remember things that i want to remember.... but there very faint... thats when i started reading more... and now it feels not soo bad... but my friend said everybody things he changed in a good way... and he feels better than ever.. i think he just lost his mind and he doesnt know anything from anything anymore.... the worst part for me is the memory lost... thats about it... my friend is fucked though...

is anything here long term? like memory loss... mood swings..?

vodka
01-02-2004, 04:28 PM
yeah, ignorance is bliss :)

Anyways, I don't have all the answers, so you should check up www.dancesafe.org and browse the forums. Definitely a lot of knowledgeable people up in there.

fliprayzin240sx
01-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SR240DET
the first month i did it was on july over the summer.. i read up on waiting a week before doing it.. and thats when i took another roll.. (like you said) only during that month.... i can only remember things that i want to remember.... but there very faint... thats when i started reading more... and now it feels not soo bad... but my friend said everybody things he changed in a good way... and he feels better than ever.. i think he just lost his mind and he doesnt know anything from anything anymore.... the worst part for me is the memory lost... thats about it... my friend is fucked though...

is anything here long term? like memory loss... mood swings..?

coming from 1st hand experience...partied my ass off for a good...3 yrs. Last time ive anything stupid was 3 yrs ago. Needless to say...memory is slowly coming back still shot since i know how sharp my memory was back in the days *now as sharp as a bowling ball* Just need to concentrate more to remember certain things. Depression will go away...seratonin levels should be back up in a couple of months also.

As for your friend, jes let him watch the osbournes, hell be scared shietless to stop.
Ozzy Osbourne: "aga..ageee, ada-da-da eh ha..."
Translation: "DONT DO DRUGS"

PS: i doubt that you noticed it yet but dont your jaw hurt sometimes when you wake up in the morning??? Thats cuz you'd been grinding your teeth in your sleep and that shiet will NEVER GO AWAY. *i still do it to this day and i never used to do that shiet*

fliprayzin240sx
01-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by vodka
yeah, ignorance is bliss :)

Anyways, I don't have all the answers, so you should check up www.dancesafe.org and browse the forums. Definitely a lot of knowledgeable people up in there.

haha...i know some of them peeps from NY/NJ area...too bad most of em are pill heads now too. :D

SR240DET
01-03-2004, 12:57 AM
you can improve brain performance with this book called "natural highs"

talks about 5-htp and a bunch of other stuff to improve memory and junk.. anyways... good luck to me... i hope it works.... ill keep you guys updated if you want.. just im me or pm if you want...

aznpoopy
01-05-2004, 11:46 AM
i'm also a former 'e-tard.' off of e and clubbing for 2 years now. i only did it maybe once every month or two but i definitely feel like my memory isn't quite as sharp as it used to be. oh well. depression follows usage. i found the key was trying to sleep the night after (even if u cant sleep) and eating right when you wake up (even if your not hungry). the usual stuff like OJ and what not usually helps too. nyquil helps with sleeping if u can't. ideally u should recover in 3 or 4 days. if u feel depressed remind urself that its the drugs. its a big psychological advantage to know the problem is chemical. anything to occupy your attention like videogames is also a good way to get yourself back into a normal state.

boro240
01-05-2004, 07:35 PM
should get a brain scan (or whatever) to see how much of your (and your friends) brain is actually left. yes, im serious.