PDA

View Full Version : Had some fun with a M3 (kinda long)

nrcooled
01-01-2004, 01:53 PM
The wife and I were on our way home from running errands and I was playing with the boost from the new HKS actuator (which holds 14lbs very nicely- until the t25 gets too hot then it will fall off to 13lbs) and we were discussing the fact that I had never run into a new M3 that wanted to play. While sitting at the next light what appears behind me but a '04 M3 convertable.

We both were getting onto the highway and it was one of the coolest on ramps in the NoVA area. Let me say now that the M3 can handle like nobody's business. He was unbeliveably fast and could completely handle all of his car. After playing catch-up we got onto 395 and headed towards 495 to antoher great on-ramp and I was in front. I came in hot and downshifted and trailbraked to keep speed up. It didn't matter he passed me on the inside like I was stading still. After going through some esses I was right back in his ass and ran it untill I hit the governor.

We both got off of 495 at the same exit and got stopped at a light. He gave me the thumbs up and we started to talk. He drives professionally with the SCCA and said my only mistake was not holding a tight enough line on the exit to 495. Then said that he loved my car. I returned the compliment and told him he was an amazing driver and he said that I was "pretty damn good" myself.

What a great time! I give newfound props to M3s and good drivers!

**Disclaimer** Excessive speeds on public streets are stupid and irresponsible and my actions should never be duplicated by anyone, anytime

Thank you and come again!

Dousan_PG
01-01-2004, 01:57 PM
haha nice disclaimer
sounds great
pretty cool meet up!
now you need to get your ass to a SCCA event and chill with him! haha..:)

nrcooled
01-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Dousan_PG
haha nice disclaimer
sounds great
pretty cool meet up!
now you need to get your ass to a SCCA event and chill with him! haha..:)

W3rd! I really want to get to the track more often to gain more knowledge and seat time. With the new job and the wife's raise we should be able to get to the track more often and she can take her MSP and learn how to really drive that thing.

DRFT
01-01-2004, 03:09 PM
nice story man. Those E46's can really handle. hey your not spending over 50k for a go kart now;)

MorganS13
01-01-2004, 04:31 PM
good story..

is that a Mazdaspeed Protege there in your sig? My friend picked up an 03.5 model and its an impressive little car! I've never seen a FWD car with such neutral handling, even felt it oversteer a few times :eek:

-E-
01-01-2004, 05:48 PM
yeah good story :)

SimpleS14
01-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Nice story Bakari

I know what ramp exit your talking about and I think its rather nice. Good thing you didn't get spotted by some state trooper. Good luck when you and your wife go to the track and really put your cars to work.

nrcooled
01-02-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by MorganS13
good story..

is that a Mazdaspeed Protege there in your sig? My friend picked up an 03.5 model and its an impressive little car! I've never seen a FWD car with such neutral handling, even felt it oversteer a few times :eek:

That's the one! It is one very capable handler and has great feel. I fell in love with it as soon as I drove it.

Steeles
01-02-2004, 06:34 AM
good run! always good to hear of meeting other down to earth drivers. last beemer I ran into was an old five series. with a big turbo and a tec 3. at 100 he left me like i was on the brakes. :) biiiig turbo. really cool guy though. said we'd have ot go play when we both get some more fuel and up our boost haha