PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stationed on the mainland (Tokyo/Yokohama)? HELP PLEASE!

chokudoriS13
01-01-2004, 07:04 AM
I need your help. I'm currently in Tokyo (Minowa). I bought two Bride seats at UpGarage in Saitama, but am unable to ship them home. The post office wants an astronomical figure for shipping them to Los Angeles, and I don't want to leave them behind when I leave in 11 days. I've been told that shipping from bases is very cheap (downside is it takes a while, but I absolutely don't mind), but only military personell can actually use the office. If you can help me do this, I'd really appreciate it... Name your price.

S13SilviaGirl
01-01-2004, 08:32 AM
It is only cheap if you send base to base...and it has to be delivered to another military individual. Plus, if we get caught doing that for you it is postal fraud, and we can get in a LOT of trouble. Most military people don't want to risk seeing a commodore for postal fraud...at least I wouldn't.

but if you find somone I hope they can help you. hehe now you know why Bride's are so expensive over here! btw, how is your car coming?

another option...try shipping it by boat, go to the docks and see what they would charge you....

chokudoriS13
01-02-2004, 05:25 AM
Postal fraud, huh? That's definitely not good... Would it still be fraud if it wasn't shipped to a military individual. I'd imagine it would still be considerably cheaper to use USPS than the insane price of $360 PER SEAT that the Japanese post office gave me. Shipping by boat is hard with such a small amount since they really don't want to deal with a person shipping just two seats.

The poor car is just sitting there, in the garage... I promised myself it will be fixed within a week of my arrival home :D.

G_Fish240
01-02-2004, 06:18 AM
postal fraud huh? i did it all the time, they didnt mind. Sorry buddy, i use to be at Yokota AFB, in the city of Fuji, its not that far from Tokyo by subway. Im sure if u went on base and asked a guy he would do it for a price maybe.

S13SilviaGirl
01-02-2004, 10:22 AM
G_Fish, yupp postal fraud.

Chokudori...I will talk to a few people and get their opinion for you as what to do. But, one other thing, if you do find someone willing to ship them for you...make sure they let you go with them to ship em.that way you don't give them $$$ and the seats only to find they never arrive.