PDA

View Full Version : Horrid accident *WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES*

SimpleS14
12-30-2003, 11:51 PM
WARNING: THIS LINK WILL CONTAIN GRAPHIC IMAGES. NOT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WITH WEAK STOMACHES. :aw:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171156&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

:-/

Don't try to run away from the cops and please drive in a safe and orderly manner.

RedSuns
12-31-2003, 12:45 AM
the vtec didn't engage fast enough

nokeone
12-31-2003, 01:00 AM
pic links seem to be down..

WilloW
12-31-2003, 01:00 AM
I feel sorry for whoever was in that car. The blood shot was just a bit too much:eek2:.

Sil Beer S13
12-31-2003, 02:03 AM
:eek3: Holy crap! Damn that really must suck hard core. Damn.....

Ghettokracker71
12-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Damn,I really want to see those pics....but they wouldn't load for me !!!!!!!

SimpleS14
01-01-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Ghettokracker71
Damn,I really want to see those pics....but they wouldn't load for me !!!!!!!

Hmmm well basically a guardrail went right thru a Civic Si. There must have been a break some where to allow such penetration(sp?). Felt sorry for the driver...he is obviously dead from the bloody pic I saw. :-/

Here's a pic of the car and the guardrail going thru the front.....

-E-
01-01-2004, 12:50 AM
yaouch :(

Ghettokracker71
01-01-2004, 09:40 PM
That sucks,....Anyway I can see the "bloody pic" or any other pics ? Thats a brutal,makes me glad I calmed down my driving habits

Zenki_S14
01-01-2004, 10:39 PM
If he was driving like an idiot while running from the cops, then I have no sympathy. He deserves to die. Anyway, got anymore pics? I wanna see the brutal ones.

xTylerx
01-02-2004, 03:21 AM
This wreck actually happened a few months ago (last April?) in FL they didn't mention anything about running from the cops though.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p17924f99601ee4ecc20e723492de3c96/fa2d4c9f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p3b621232426799e9c718c16135ba429b/fa2d4c9c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pc2328dbf1f7ae90f0f6cce508b9643c7/fa2d4c97.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p32f67eb452134c529258e45b318de531/fa2d4c93.jpg
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=306587
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=306598

S14TiNMAN
01-02-2004, 04:54 AM
harsh. rest in peace.

exitspeed
01-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Man, not to sound like I' bragging or anything, but my GF's car looked worse than that(minus the rail) and she lived.

dirtydeweyjr
01-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Zenki_S14
He deserves to die.

u have go to be kidding me, he doesnt deserve to die, he deserves to get caught and have his license taken away, but not die
:bash: :mrmeph:

^^^i wanna put those 2 together, so i can be MAD and call u an asshole at the same time

Zenki_S14
01-12-2004, 03:29 AM
It's just my honest opinion. He deserves to die. Now there's one less idiot on the road.

Phlip
01-12-2004, 07:01 AM
It's just my honest opinion. He deserves to die. Now there's one less idiot on the road.
Would there not be one less idiot on the road if he'd lost his license, car and probably his manhood when they put him in prison?

Ghettokracker71
01-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by PHLIP
Would there not be one less idiot on the road if he'd lost his license, car and probably his manhood when they put him in prison?

Does it matter? If the rail didn't kill him(her) then the actual force/impact had to have really really rocked his(her) ass,...even if (s)he did live,(s)he'd be pretty fucked up

Jeff240sx
01-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Has anyone figured out how the rail went through their car? That rail is meant to flex and bend in order to soften the impact (like when someone falls asleep at the wheel). Weak tension, possibly strong compression, but then the car would have to be going perfectly parallel with the rail. Mindbender.
-Jeff

nokeone
01-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
Weak tension, possibly strong compression,
-Jeff

that is exactly it..:)..but yeah..physical anomoly...

soulDistortion
01-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Has anyone figured out how the rail went through their car? That rail is meant to flex and bend in order to soften the impact (like when someone falls asleep at the wheel). Weak tension, possibly strong compression, but then the car would have to be going perfectly parallel with the rail. Mindbender.
-Jeff

Yeah, the rails are meant to take the impact of a hit when installed properly. I remember seeing a news story however, that suggests that quite many guardrails are improperly installed (usually overtightened), and because of the improper installation, have a tendency to impale cars that same way when hit.

HiPSI
01-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by soulDistortion
Yeah, the rails are meant to take the impact of a hit when installed properly. I remember seeing a news story however, that suggests that quite many guardrails are improperly installed (usually overtightened), and because of the improper installation, have a tendency to impale cars that same way when hit.

if you hit any metal object parallel to it's length like that it's not going to give. guard rails are made to keep a car from flying off the road when hit from the side, not head on like that.

soulDistortion
01-12-2004, 01:39 PM
They're supposed to either deflect or absorb some impact when hit either head on or from the side, respectively. However, this usually isn't the case.

Guardrails in general are plagued with some very bad designs.

http://www.guardrail.org/guardrail.htm

SimpleS14
01-12-2004, 02:02 PM
wow...that's some freaky shit.

xTylerx
01-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by soulDistortion
http://www.guardrail.org/guardrail.htm

That site does a good job of pointing out flaws but I don't see them going out and spending the money to make a perfect guard rail and installing them all over america. Putting those guard rails that cave in (and need to be replaced) after every wreck don't come cheap and in most states the DOT budget is already too stretched. They also for got to include all the stories of guardrails saving peoples lives ... all they do is point out he once a decade when sombody plows into one head on and gets killed. Seemed like too much propaganda to me.

Jeff240sx
01-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by HiPSI
if you hit any metal object parallel to it's length like that it's not going to give. guard rails are made to keep a car from flying off the road when hit from the side, not head on like that.

Take a beer bottle cap. Squeeze it. Nothing. But if you squeeze at any sort of an angle, it will fold in half. I've seen pictures of those rails folded up like an accordian. The hit would have needed to be a nearly precise head-on crash, and I'm just amazed at it.
-Jeff

HiPSI
01-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Take a beer bottle cap. Squeeze it. Nothing. But if you squeeze at any sort of an angle, it will fold in half. I've seen pictures of those rails folded up like an accordian. The hit would have needed to be a nearly precise head-on crash, and I'm just amazed at it.
-Jeff

not quite the same, i see your point though. all i was really saying is that when hit perfectly head on along it's length it's not going to give much. not likely but possible.

here's my example. take a flat piece of steel bar stock and lay it between two tables or something. now push down from the side of the bar, it will give. now stand the flat piece on it's end and push straight down on it, not so much give.

Jeff240sx
01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
not quite the same, i see your point though. all i was really saying is that when hit perfectly head on along it's length it's not going to give much. not likely but possible.

here's my example. take a flat piece of steel bar stock and lay it between two tables or something. now push down from the side of the bar, it will give. now stand the flat piece on it's end and push straight down on it, not so much give.

I know the tension vs. compression. I am the one that brought it up. I'm just in awe of how precise the head-on hit needed to be to travel through the car, as well as it bieng an off-set crash and still not going to one side or the other.
-Jeff

HiPSI
01-12-2004, 05:51 PM
I know the tension vs. compression. I am the one that brought it up. I'm just in awe of how precise the head-on hit needed to be to travel through the car, as well as it bieng an off-set crash and still not going to one side or the other.
-Jeff

yeah, that looks like a one in a million chance of actually happening. what i want to know is how far down that rail they got. i can't see the end of the rail behind the car in any of the pics...

driftz240sx
01-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Damn! Poor guy.
:Owned:

Jeff240sx
01-12-2004, 09:11 PM
what i want to know is how far down that rail they got. i can't see the end of the rail behind the car in any of the pics...

LOL! I said that to my GF as I showed her the pics.
-Jeff

Zenki_S14
01-14-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by PHLIP
Would there not be one less idiot on the road if he'd lost his license, car and probably his manhood when they put him in prison? The prison is crowded enough. Let him die.

Ghettokracker71
01-14-2004, 08:37 AM
The prison is crowded enough. Let him die.

Not to mention it cost way to damn much to keep dumbass' like him alive,when part of the point of prison is keeping him from society,why not kill him instead of letting someone like him leach off of our hardearned honest dollars?

BTW: I still didn't see any bloody pics

HiPSI
01-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Not to mention it cost way to damn much to keep dumbass' like him alive,when part of the point of prison is keeping him from society,why not kill him instead of letting someone like him leach off of our hardearned honest dollars?

BTW: I still didn't see any bloody pics

you didn't see the pic looking through the driver's side door at the rail inside the car? there's blood all over it.

and on the last forum i saw this thread on they said dude lived with just a major cut on his arm or something.

Ghettokracker71
01-14-2004, 08:53 AM
you didn't see the pic looking through the driver's side door at the rail inside the car? there's blood all over it.

and on the last forum i saw this thread on they said dude lived with just a major cut on his arm or something.

Looking closely back at the pics...I can see some blood,...okay,thanks...Must be a pretty big scar,did you hear if he went to jail or anything

HiPSI
01-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Looking closely back at the pics...I can see some blood,...okay,thanks...Must be a pretty big scar,did you hear if he went to jail or anything

no clue, it may have just been hearsay from the 80 other sites that link has been posted to:confused:

Ghettokracker71
01-14-2004, 09:33 AM
no clue, it may have just been hearsay from the 80 other sites that link has been posted to:confused:

Yeah,and people do make up alot of bullshit on sites sometimes

Got Sileighty?
01-14-2004, 08:59 PM
ive seen this link on another board about 2wks ago, but whenever i check it, the pics are all down. does anyone have a link where the pics actually work, or did tyler post them all?

thanks

Zenki_S14
01-15-2004, 02:30 AM

BTW: I still didn't see any bloody pics :werd:

the head
01-15-2004, 11:09 PM
kinda looks like a chicken on a rotisserie(sp)
or a honda kebab

we have so many incidents any more where some fuckin kid does this then cops are pulling over and hasseling anyone with a sports car for the next month i hate that shit

Nismos14
01-19-2004, 12:29 AM
anyone know what the outcome was? who survived and what not, with proof of this? i have not been able to find out that info, but i assume the driver passed away :(

matlock
01-19-2004, 01:39 AM
That is pretty Intense, but I don't think anyone DESERVES to die....I mean that is kinda harsh....just my honest opinon. Yeah I wanna know how far down that rail the car did in fact make it.

Ghettokracker71
01-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Yeah...I'd love to know how fast (s)he was going,and how far down the rail it went...and what kind of end it had...I would really like to know details