PDA

View Full Version : Locking Hydro E-brake?

mr.man.performance
12-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Here's the background: I have Z32 brakes for my s13 and looking at hydro handbrake setups. I don't want to swap in the z32 drum e-brake and i don't like the idea of chop blocking every time I park on a hill. additionally, I plan on going dual rear caliper soon which further inhibits the use of the z32 drum brake.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has heard of or found a hydro setup with a locking mechanism to actually use it to park? If not, who would be interested in something like that?

h815 240sx
12-26-2011, 05:35 PM
some hydro ebrake handles have locking mechanisms on them.

mr.man.performance
12-29-2011, 11:13 AM
To pass on some knowledge:

I talked to wilwood and obp. OBP makes locking hydro ebrakes and also a bias hydro dual-cylinder setup which is neat. They both said that with the common hydro handbrake setups, the pressure eventually equalizes relieving the caliper pressure. It works fine for quick parks but they said they wouldn't trust it for overnight parking. That's why hydro setups don't pass MOT inspection even with a locking mechanism. FYI. Guess I'll have to deal with other means of keeping my car rolling down a hill.

Edwin562
12-29-2011, 11:17 AM
well if you live in an area with hills then yes, i wouldnt trust it either.... I live in a pretty flat area and i usually leave my car in gear when i park it, also having my hydro slightly locked is no big deal.

Johnny_K
12-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Isis hyrdo ebrake has a locking thing.

Garage Life
12-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Godspeed hydro ebrake has the locking mechanism as well.