PDA

View Full Version : what has happened to zilvia.net?

SHINCHU
12-29-2003, 10:39 PM
i have been on a bit of a hiatus from zilvia.net. last time i was a regular here was maybe a year ago. i used to come here to BS with fellow nissan enthusiasts, get tips and pointers, give advice, recieve advice, ask questions, share information, and just have a good time.

i come back to see nothing but flame wars, everybody (including mods!) jumping down people's throats for asking questions that are deemed "stupid", "omigod", "its called SEARCH", etc. etc. and threads are getting locked out left and right when they could be justifiable questions. what if the guy who asked about a turbo setup for his KA24DE was the same thing i was thinking, only to find the thread gets locked after one day of people ridiculing the poor guy. i might have wanted to know the answers, as well as the original poster. and what if we tried search, and found nothing, or found 3,000 results and got tired of surfing them after a couple of hours and decided to start a new thread.... i can go on about this forever but im pretty sure this thread will just get flamed and locked inside a couple days too. i miss the old zilvia. where did it go?

the immaturity here is rivaling that of the immaturity on club4ag, if not worse. now i have no idea who to turn to with 240sx questions, now that i am tinkering with mine again after missing it for so long. now im affraid to post questions here without fearing an attack of some sort on my intelligence. so maybe i have been out of the loop for a bit, but jeezus, what did i miss?! i think everyone needs to just chill out and remember we are still all on the same side. RELAX!

if i had a penny for every time i see someone that says "owned!"...

NZO
12-30-2003, 01:04 AM
Its always been kind of a jerkoff forum.

DRFT
12-30-2003, 01:46 AM
some of us can be bad but some most of us are helpful though.

dont let it get under your skin, hey at least we are not like some of those VW forums:rolleyes:

HaLo
12-30-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by NZO
Its always been kind of a jerkoff forum.

Then why are you still visiting it? :confused:

sykikchimp
12-30-2003, 08:44 AM
whiney ass.

All your doing is starting more shit. you are an effect. not a cause. If you want the forum to be better, be a CAUSE of better. Not a whiney ass bitching effect.

STFU

NZO
12-31-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by HaLo
Then why are you still visiting it? :confused:

Because no one ever looks at the meetings section on FA and because zilvia is a lot less jerkoff than the alternatives.

DRFT
12-31-2003, 01:54 AM
i dont think NZO meant everyone. most of you guys are great, but some of you arent to great.

Flybert
12-31-2003, 02:26 AM
ALL OF YOU SUCK and that is why I check it every day, 10 times a day until I'm soooo tired that I have to reluctantly go to sleep. :D

I think the original poster needs to go for a drive down Del Dios and head out to Del Mar and catch some waves and chill the fuck out with this, "WHAT HAPPENED TO ZILVIA?" BS.

And if you still have a problem with zilvia, head on over to NICO because they seem to have a lot of stupid questions over there with way less flaming. They even have a BE NICE sticky. More patient people I guess.

krazy skwerel
12-31-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Flybert
And if you still have a problem with zilvia, head on over to NICO because they seem to have a lot of stupid questions over there with way less flaming. They even have a BE NICE sticky. More patient people I guess.

Nico's 240sx section gets bombarded by jack ass questions. Usually we say search and what not, but we have a good time. Ifthe question is simple and would be just as easy to asnwer as to type search we will answer it. The only downfall is the word filters. Damn I fucking hate word filters.

HaLo
12-31-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by NZO
Because no one ever looks at the meetings section on FA and because zilvia is a lot less jerkoff than the alternatives.

Actually, I believe that the Zilvia crowd is much more mature than some other forums that I know. :)

Problem here is that there is a core of members that are very good friends and it's kinda hard to befriend with them...

mrmephistopheles
12-31-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by sykikchimp
whiney ass.

All your doing is starting more shit. you are an effect. not a cause. If you want the forum to be better, be a CAUSE of better. Not a whiney ass bitching effect.

STFU

SHINCHU
12-31-2003, 12:53 PM
okay i may have over-reacted a bit. but the first few threads i looked at were rediculous. i guess i just need to kinda settle back in and get used to this forum all over again. since there ARE still good people on here and i can always just ignore the idiots and assholes.

and chimp, if you look at some of my posts, im not a whiney ass bitch. i'm not the inexperienced newb you might think i am.

i think DRFT and i are on the same wavelength.

RBBaby
12-31-2003, 01:46 PM
if you want to see some REAL wankers, go to www.stlsr.com/forums

its a local forum here in saint louis, and its gotten so bad that the owner of the site doesnt even go there any more, lol.

sykikchimp
12-31-2003, 01:51 PM
I never said you were a newb, just a whiney ass.

I call my best friends whiney ass's when they are being whiney ass's. I'm just pointing out, that threads such as this are indeed the act of a "whiney ass" and they do nothing to help the situation.

Funny thing is, this must be about the 20th thread like this I've read in the past ~2 years...

wherezmytofu
12-31-2003, 02:05 PM
so you registered, log in, post for free, while mr. mark west pays for your bandwich use. yet you bitch. wow.

SHINCHU
12-31-2003, 02:20 PM
i can always just ignore the idiots and assholes.

camppain
12-31-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by wherezmytofu
so you registered, log in, post for free, while mr. mark west pays for your bandwich use. yet you bitch. wow.

OOOOOooooo000000hhhhh man tofu almost spelled a whole sentence correctly!

I was just to ask what happened to zilvia!

Anubis
12-31-2003, 05:21 PM
OWN3D!!!!1111

RBBaby
12-31-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by anubis9228
OWN3D!!!!1111
close, but no cigar. it should have been more like this:

PWN3D!!1!111ONE!!

RedSuns
12-31-2003, 05:39 PM
i used to participate a lot...but once the bandwagon took full effect i just pop in every once in a while