PDA

View Full Version : titeling car from arizona

240sxrb25
12-21-2011, 06:46 PM
last june i bought a truck from arizona and when i got home and got around to titeling it, the dmv told me that i needed to have the bill of sale and title notarized. apparently all auto sales from az(whether the car is staying in, or leaving arizona) have to be notarized.

ive had a heck of a time getting ahold of the last owner because they just moved to az and changed their phones pretty much right after selling the truck. i think ive found the phone number of where they live now.

my question is, if i get ahold of them, do i need to be there in arizona with them as the bill of sale is being notarized or can i send the title and have them take care of their end of it?

people from AZ or people who are confident about this thanks

1slowS13
12-21-2011, 06:50 PM
as far as notaries go, im pretty sure that both parties have to be there to sign off and show identification at the notary place.

sorry brain fart, thats only if both of you are signing on it. like sr20sean said he can just notarize a bill of sale..

sr20sean
12-21-2011, 06:50 PM
usually its just the owners name that needs to be notarized so you could just send it to them to have it notarized.
thats how it was for my PA title

RandallSharp
12-21-2011, 06:56 PM
I think they can just notarize their signature?

Phlip
12-21-2011, 06:59 PM
In NC, it depends on what the notary will sign off on.
Both the buyer and the seller are SUPPOSED to be there when they sign the title, but with any car I paid cash for, I went to the notary with signed title in hand and no questions were asked.

Nebraska may be different, so I moved this thread to that regional section of the forum.

K_style
12-21-2011, 07:02 PM
last june i bought a truck from arizona and when i got home and got around to titeling it, the dmv told me that i needed to have the bill of sale and title notarized. apparently all auto sales from az(whether the car is staying in, or leaving arizona) have to be notarized.

ive had a heck of a time getting ahold of the last owner because they just moved to az and changed their phones pretty much right after selling the truck. i think ive found the phone number of where they live now.

my question is, if i get ahold of them, do i need to be there in arizona with them as the bill of sale is being notarized or can i send the title and have them take care of their end of it?

people from AZ or people who are confident about this thanks

I lived in AZ and bought, sold many cars before.
If you are registering the vehicle that has AZ title within AZ then, yes you need to get notarize the title. but if you are registering the vehicle out of state then you dont need to get it notarize.

Your local DMV thinks you need to get one because title has notary section.