PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to upgarage?

slider2828
12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Any good shops that would be selling used parts like upgarage? I think there was one, but I forgot what the name of it was. Any near Tokyo? Going to visit the in-laws in Tokyo next week......

Toi
12-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Upgarage is still your best bet, but there used to be (dunno if there still is) an Autobacs recycle store as well.

I really don't keep up with either because YAJ 90% of the time is cheaper!

battlestylespl
12-20-2011, 08:57 PM
there was a place called Parts Off not too far from yokota air base.....that was in 01/02 when i went though.

racer98
12-20-2011, 09:02 PM
super expensive prices there, sadly a lot of the good shops have closed up and just consolidated and sell off their inventory through Upi garrage and the prices have just gone up.

slider2828
12-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah I was looking through the upgarage database and there was nothing there.... basically it looks like 180sx is slowly dying off there in terms of used parts. Was there last year and saw some good stuff, but looks like YAJ is the best bet. :(

Thanks guys

Toi
12-23-2011, 06:33 AM
It isn't dying off the chassis has been exported heavily killing availability, almost every junkyard in the tohoku area ships off all S chassis to Malaysia, a lot are also chopped and sent to the US to feed the market. It is so bad I make sure that not one S chassis from the Misawa Area sees the Junkyards here, not supporting any fanboi in the US or Malaysia or anywhere else!

I myself stock pile parts, I also really don't use UG that much anymore, the prices are getting to steep!

racer98
12-23-2011, 09:07 AM
It isn't dying off the chassis has been exported heavily killing availability, almost every junkyard in the tohoku area ships off all S chassis to Malaysia, a lot are also chopped and sent to the US to feed the market. It is so bad I make sure that not one S chassis from the Misawa Area sees the Junkyards here, not supporting any fanboi in the US or Malaysia or anywhere else!

I myself stock pile parts, I also really don't use UG that much anymore, the prices are getting to steep!

I'd hope with the high yen you have less exporters from Afghanistan/Pakistan paying 500,000 yen for a busted rusted hilux diesel over there now ?

UG has always been overpriced there are a couple new players now in japan who have split from UP Garage, about time, but again with the high price of the yen there are

believe it or not some good bargains out there right now is anyone needs help with this do send me a pm !

Feast Japan
12-24-2011, 03:26 AM
Dropped by Up G on 246 the other day. Speaking with the store manager about setting up a business account. In theory it sounds gravy to have an account but the conditions are rubbish. I mean 10% off items that have been in stock for more than 3 months. One would expect discount on newly stocked items. Not much meat on the bone :rant: in the end.

Anyhow as others have said above, they are not all that cheap. Decent selection for sure and being said you wont find much better elsewhere.

Few pics below of the old Tomei Machida location (selling bike parts & tuned machines). Haggled on the C33. Just had new paint done.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/RANDOM/Auction%20Picks/IMG_3604.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/RANDOM/Auction%20Picks/IMG_3612.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/RANDOM/Auction%20Picks/IMG_3600.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/RANDOM/Auction%20Picks/IMG_3601.jpg

This sucker better have a big single carrying this fat ass IC.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/RANDOM/Auction%20Picks/IMG_3609.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/RANDOM/Auction%20Picks/IMG_3606.jpg

90240sx07
12-24-2011, 04:07 AM
that intercooler is insane

yokotas13
12-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Parts off, goo parts

I use up garage for wheels, cause it is always cheaper. Parts not so much

Jdelarmente
12-25-2011, 03:39 AM
Upgarage is your best bet unless you can get on yaj.

Well, i will be making sure mines makes it to Tommy's junk yard before you find out. Muahahahahahahahaha.

Toi
12-26-2011, 03:58 AM
Yea but I built it yours, and I know a LOT of people!!! Your funeral bwuhahahaha

That is if one person doesn't shoot you because its an 89!

Jdelarmente
12-26-2011, 04:08 AM
Bwahahahahahaha. Its okay i will take care of her very well. She will no longer be a Onevia though. Muahahahahahha 13.4 she shall be.

Toi
12-26-2011, 04:27 AM
LOL Front bumper dude, do not destroy that damn bumper!

Jdelarmente
12-26-2011, 04:45 AM
Im trying i know you want it. There is a little damage but im planning on fixing it once i get off my lazy butt and drive to Homac to get the FRP. Lol

racer98
12-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Curious to know what happened to all of the Pakistani's and Afgan's who were at the auctions over bidding on used cars and trucks ? since the Yen has gone way up I'm sure they have thined out a bit ?

Toi
12-29-2011, 03:13 AM
They are still around however the quake hurt them cars are in deman, I hate to say it and I won't say any company names but there were a few douche bags from the US, Malaysia, and Paki that were trying to snatch cars after the quake WITHOUT going through proper channels or I should say doing it underhand.

Also it looks as if the export businesses are about to get a fat lip (yea I am excited F everyone else) Japan needs metal to rebuild, its gotten short on needed supplies, so much so that Honda and Toyota have said something about it. Looks like cars might not be going anywhere soon!

racer98
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
They are still around however the quake hurt them cars are in deman, I hate to say it and I won't say any company names but there were a few douche bags from the US, Malaysia, and Paki that were trying to snatch cars after the quake WITHOUT going through proper channels or I should say doing it underhand.

Also it looks as if the export businesses are about to get a fat lip (yea I am excited F everyone else) Japan needs metal to rebuild, its gotten short on needed supplies, so much so that Honda and Toyota have said something about it. Looks like cars might not be going anywhere soon!

that was bound to happen all of the ligit players in japan didn't want to have anything to do with the cars that were from the quake. not going to say anything more after that.

slider2828
01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Man after traveling there and back.... Geezus all I can say is US currency sucks.... I was like a bowl of 700 Yen Ramen was like $10 bux.... It wasn't that great of ramen... Its crazy how terrible the USD has gotten....

Upgarage I was looking on their online inventory was terrible... Nowadays might as well buy new rather than look for old junk parts.... seriously, it might be cheaper...

But I went to Fuji Speedway and got a circuit taxi around the track as a xmas present fro m the fiancee's parents. Was pretty cool to see all the cars out there and the pits were awesome!!!

racer98
01-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Man after traveling there and back.... Geezus all I can say is US currency sucks.... I was like a bowl of 700 Yen Ramen was like $10 bux.... It wasn't that great of ramen... Its crazy how terrible the USD has gotten....

Upgarage I was looking on their online inventory was terrible... Nowadays might as well buy new rather than look for old junk parts.... seriously, it might be cheaper...

But I went to Fuji Speedway and got a circuit taxi around the track as a xmas present fro m the fiancee's parents. Was pretty cool to see all the cars out there and the pits were awesome!!!

yup sad state things are over there nothing good from what I'm hearing, rumors of Honda making the NSX at Ohio, in the USA.

slider2828
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
yup sad state things are over there nothing good from what I'm hearing, rumors of Honda making the NSX at Ohio, in the USA.

Yup its freaking terrible.....

Here is a chronicle of my trip. Wrote it on my friends blog with video of Fuji.

Ken’s Trip to Japan… The Big One! | Domo Factor (http://domofactor.com/2012/01/kens-trip-to-japan-the-big-one/)

nissan180sxer
06-22-2012, 07:52 AM
Anyone in Yokosuka/Yokohama know of any junk yards or parts stores besides upgarage?

RB26Sileighty
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes sir I live close to Sagamihara and we have of course up garage but also garage off and so giant ass no name wheels shop. I mean serious this place is big. Some times they don't have anything good and other times crazy rare and awesome offset wheels. I got my work equips there for ¥12000.

nissan180sxer
07-08-2012, 04:27 AM
Yes sir I live close to Sagamihara and we have of course up garage but also garage off and so giant ass no name wheels shop. I mean serious this place is big. Some times they don't have anything good and other times crazy rare and awesome offset wheels. I got my work equips there for ¥12000.

do you have the address to the garage off?

WraithXt1
07-08-2012, 07:47 PM
there was a place called Parts Off not too far from yokota air base.....that was in 01/02 when i went though.

It's still there, with reasonable prices. It's right next to Joyful Honda. There's also an Autobacs and Used Autobacs not too far from Fussa Station.

racer98
07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
anyone looking for parts, do let me know.

Toi
07-10-2012, 08:29 AM
I am in country but I might take you up on that offer if I cannot find it on the auctions or else where!!!

Jose1
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I am in country but I might take you up on that offer if I cannot find it on the auctions or else where!!!

Sure the problem is can you give us all a better exchange rate of say

$1usd=140yen ?

if so we all can do a lot of business and make up for a lot of lost time. Considering your government has done dick to curb the price of its yen.

$1=79yen and then the banks rob us at $1usd=74yen and pay with a credit card $1usd=68yen, yes there are some bank cards.

I are japan I cell engrish and jdm panda express parts.