PDA

View Full Version : black top trouble with spark...

hasback
12-18-2011, 10:12 PM
soooo i bought an s14.5.. it has a black top in it and im just finishing up going through it and getting ready to wrap this up but i have ran into a few problems... first of all is my problem with spark. all coil packs are good but yet cylinder 1 or what ever is closest to the front of the car will not fire. if i switch out coil packs its the same. i took off the harness from the q45 ignitor and checked continuity and everything seemed okay. any input as to what might cause this... my second problem is the car has an apexi power fc ( standalone ecu) could this be causing me not to get spark?... when i crank the car i get power to each coil pack but how can i test to make sure im getting the signal to each coil pack. theres 3 wires ... ones power,ground, signal correct? any help would be great

heres some of whats done to the motor..

Eagle rods
q45 ignitor
Z32 MAF
weisco pistons
arp studs
oem head gasket
heads ported with new valves and springs
greddy intake manifold
greddy fmic
top mount garett 60trim
power fc
wiring harness is from wiring specialties.

fliprayzin240sx
12-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Double check the ground wire for it. If the power wire is good continuity wise, I'd think its the ground. Most folks just cuts each ground wire, put a tab on it and ground each one on the valve cover.

hasback
12-19-2011, 05:30 PM
i have all 4 coilpacks going to one large ground thats ground on the back of the head. im gonna make a little diagram of the coil pack harness cause something doesnt seem right. my coil pack harness has 6 wires. 1 power,4 signals and another black one coming from cylinder 1 coil pack. but where the coil pack harness meets the engine harnes the engine harness only has 5 wires. so that one black wire isnt even being used... ill make a diagram and tell me if it makes sense or could be my problem...

hasback
12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/zk_mitchell/Untitled.png
so heres a little diagram i made.. so basically why is there only 5 wires on the harness side but 6 on coil back side. and where i have the star pointing to 2 lines. both those wires are split from coil pack 1. why do they split to go into different spots? basically what i wanna know is if this is all correct or dies my problem lie here. like a said all coil pack gets power. but only cylinder 2,3,4 get spark. thanks for input...

my motor is a s13 black top swapped into a s14 chassis hooked up to the apexi power fc

hasback
12-23-2011, 08:33 PM
anyone have any ideas??