PDA

View Full Version : Miata Speaker Install Help

Fresh 240SX
12-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Hey guys, been some time since I sold my S13... but I figured since your always helpful....

I got my girlfriend some 5 1/4" components for her miata... the stock hole fits a 6 1/2" factory with a triangular bracket... these have a four point circle bracket.. my problem(s) are that 1. the speaker bracket holes for the new JBL speakers fits over the old hole however the screw holes are over the old speaker hole.. so there is no place to screw in and mount the new woofer.... i was thinking im going to have to make a bracket out of MDF or something... any suggestions?

Next issue... there is NO WAY to mount the dome tweeter inside the door in the factory spot...and if i do manage there is like a 1/3" ring gap around the tweeter... i need a trim piece to fill in the hole or is there some kinda kit i can get to mount this by having a piece at the back of the hole larger than the trim in the front and it just screws together?

any help would be great!

Thanks, James:bash:

HiPSI
12-27-2003, 12:01 PM
just make some thin MDF adapters for the doors. as for the dome tweets, i say leave the stock ones and just find a new place to mount the new ones (i'm guessing it's a component set?).

Fresh 240SX
12-27-2003, 12:29 PM
no dice... the old tweets are out and ruined.... as for the mdf adaptor? fill me in

HiPSI
12-28-2003, 03:43 PM
just get some thinner (like .25") MDF and cut some rings out that will be about the same diameter as the old speakers were. then cut a hole for the new speaker and install it all with the screws. hard to really describe, but easy to do.