PDA

View Full Version : Nissan newb, looking for simple advice

Chronicle
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Hey, my name is Thomas and simply put, I'm looking for a project car. As of now, I'm hoping to find a 91-92 5 spd coupe that runs and is in good condition body-wise (interior and drivetrain can be worked with, rust isn't as friendly). I've looked around and have seen a couple tips for buying S13's (240sxtech basically), but I'm just seeing what input you guys have.

A. How much do you expect I'll be paying for a car of this description?
B. Besides rust at the strut towers/rear trunk area, is there anything in particular I should look for?

EDIT: In hindsight, this is probably in the wrong section. Since I can't delete my post, I'd understand if a mod wanted to move the thread.

CTblack240
12-14-2011, 06:56 PM
id say youd be looking at around 1,500 to 3,000 depending on mileage and rust, other than strut tower and trunk area, check for frame rails, rocker panels and inside wheel wells

xPUNlSH3Rx
12-18-2011, 06:17 PM
It depends if you want one running but in my area (SLC, Utah) go from as low as $300 to $15k, personally if it's gonna be your project car buy a shell, that's what I did. It was a 93 coupe with complete interior only missing the motor and transmission for $500 no rust and just buy the motor set separately.

Try all of your local forums if there's any and the online local classifieds like craigslist